Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Snake PPA - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Snake PPA (688 Views)

Kidnapped, Shot 5 Times, Sacked From PPA, Yet This Corper Completed Service / What Gift Should I Give To My PPA? Advise Please / A Corps Member In Dire Need Of A PPA In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Snake PPA by brainyhopel: 1:57pm On Mar 17, 2018
No doubt I live where I could daily be attacked by snakes. Sleeping and waking in an environment where snakes leave their holes to find comfort under the scorching sun around your lodge. They litter almost everywhere you step like they had become domesticated. They are at your door step when you go out or come in. and when you leave an opening or forget to close your door, they crawl in like they share the room with you.

After hearing these terrifying things about my PPA, I still muster courage each day to get out of bed and ready to face such occurrences. It is to me a story told by the senior friends, not to scare anyone but to create an awareness as to what lies in wait for us the ‘Batch Bs’ during the coming heat season. Each day I get up, get dressed, and go to school and not being bothered. I still take my bath in a bathroom a senior friend told me she saw a snake about a week ago.

Why should I even fear the thing I wasn’t afraid of many years ago. The very creature I stood in front of and was staring at as it stared back, according to the story my momma once told me about the courage I exhibited. It was an act of bravery as a very little child. I remember the incident in bit anyway.

…Once upon a time when others took to flight at the sight of a snake, I remained put to where I stood. To me it was an animal that looked like the earthworm but bigger and longer…

http://theuncensoredgist.com/greater-courage/

(1) (Reply)

Quality High Test Shirts For Both Male And Female (sirkinx Online Boutique) / NYSC Suspends Davido’s One Year Service / Yeah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.