Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Has Technology Really Affect Our Culture? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Has Technology Really Affect Our Culture? (382 Views)

Is Pharmaceutical Technology Really A Good Here In Nigeria / How Will these Lockdown Affect Our Educational System / Parents Teach Your Children Our Culture"-nigerian Educationist Cries Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Has Technology Really Affect Our Culture? by Africanbest(m): 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2018
When I was growing up I got my first cell phone when I was eighteen and I have noticed that now a days it’s only getting younger and younger for one to receive a cell phone. Technology also was not as advanced as it is now. I would have to do things on the computer and even when I got my cell phone, it did not come with all the applications that a phone now days come with. I didn’t really think anything about it until these last two weeks when my fifteen-year-old cousin moved in. He is glued to his phone and can’t seem to do anything else. He’s on his phone when you talk to him, when he’s talking to you, when he’s eating, when he is doing just about anything. I didn’t realize how crazy it is and how different it is. I then started to pay more attention to other young kids and see that they are the same as well. Me being older, I would say I’m on my phone a lot but am able to put it down and see the world but I see why kids are stuck on their phone, it has everything and can pretty much do anything for you. Look up locations, look up your bank account, pay your bills, social media, send e-mails, stay connected at all times. I didn’t see technology being an issue. I saw it as an upgrade, advancement to life and how it has made things easier. However after seeing how damaging it is to the kids born to this generation that don’t know any different, how it’s ruining and changing the culture, how technology is surrounded in our every day life’s.

I tend to wonder... Has technology been a plus or a minus?

Fynestboi
olawalebabs
Richiez

Re: Has Technology Really Affect Our Culture? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 17, 2018
it has GREATLY!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

AAU Update On, JAMB Cut Off Mark, UTME Date, 1st Semester Examination Date And / Mathematics Education / Before Planning On Upgrading Your JAMB Results Read This - Diligentlearners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.