Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,918 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) (22856 Views)

Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite / Saraki Looking At Buhari At APC Convention This Way Again (Photos) / RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by Codeblues(m): 5:09pm On Mar 17, 2018
Anytime the Lagos State government wants to take over a place or shut it down, a mysterious fire out break will surely happen there. Go to Tejuosho, Oyingbo market etc.

3 Likes

Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by olaztek(m): 5:11pm On Mar 17, 2018
Could this be caused by biogas built up under the dump site and leaked out and exploded after mixing with oxygen?
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by CloudResident(m): 5:14pm On Mar 17, 2018
It's a pity we are not harnessing the thermal advantages of this to produce electricity yet.

I honestly think Lagos should be looking in that direction sooner especially in relation to its Megacity project. It's absolutely worth it!
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by October1960: 5:32pm On Mar 17, 2018
The so called leaders have no plan for Nigeria. Just to steal and spend the money in organized western countries with their own family.

The environmental damage waiting for the people of this country is still doing push up.
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by prolifik83(m): 5:37pm On Mar 17, 2018
Enemyofpeace:
These Fulani herdsmen don start their wahala again
Smh
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by Crieff(m): 5:39pm On Mar 17, 2018
SLIDEwaxie:
it's a a soot

I'm Groot!
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by Orpe7(m): 5:40pm On Mar 17, 2018
Consistent dumping of refuse and degradation over the years will have caused the place to be a carbon rich area. I am certain if they should drill that area them fit fit crude oil sef
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 17, 2018
Naija bloggers and crap, a blogger on cars just switched to gossip, I don't understand why it's so hard to be unique, first you copy autojosh & now u wan go Linda ikejis route, well whatever
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by bababodmas(m): 6:13pm On Mar 17, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

I can see the smoke

from Omole phase 2 here

bros help a niga in need of accommodation Biko..... I'd you've got a spare room � � lol
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by abiolag(m): 6:15pm On Mar 17, 2018
Enemyofpeace:
na my brain o
Funny u grin
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by Aweboyaweboy: 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
NOC1:
incinerators should not be build near residential areas. Government should have ensured that lands where not purchased by individuals close yo the dump site
That place is a land fill.Thr is no incinerator thr or refuse processing plant The area was already built up before the place was converted to a dump site. It was a stop gap measure to accomodate the huge refuse problem for a big city like lagos.
The PSP guys had already been informed about the closure of that place and a dumpsite in epe was being opened.
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by NOC1(m): 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
Aweboyaweboy:

That place is a land fill.Thr is no incinerator thr or refuse processing plant The area was already built up before the place was converted to a dump site. It was a stop gap measure to accomodate the huge refuse problem for a big city like lagos.
The PSP guys had already been informed about the closure of that place and a dumpsite in epe was being opened.

Okay, thanks.
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by RoyalBlak007: 6:38pm On Mar 17, 2018
bababodmas:

bros help a niga in need of accommodation Biko..... I'd you've got a spare room � � lol

Accomodation in Omole?

Chairman I never turn landlord n.a. grin
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by daveP(m): 7:07pm On Mar 17, 2018
Just collecting cash upandan, yet people's health is zero attention.
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by nex(m): 7:37pm On Mar 17, 2018
oomar:
We Pray For Almighty Allah Intervention

SERIOUSLY?! Allah should do what?! Please don't sadly God with the irresponsible failures of man. Someone is putting on those fires to justify a decision which the Government will soon make.
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by nex(m): 7:45pm On Mar 17, 2018
Codeblues:
Anytime the Lagos State government wants to take over a place or shut it down, a mysterious fire out break will surely happen there. Go to Tejuosho, Oyingbo market etc.

Don't forget Alade Market on Allen Avenue. After a mysterious fire late in the night, even though the market people were able to put it off before it wrecked major havoc, Government still took it over and moved them to the banks of that gutter on Awolowo Way.
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by litaninja(m): 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2018
Chairman, you're explaining science to someone who asked for helicopters to dump sand on a fire...

OdiaI:
Nothing is fishy. This is a big dump site, the fire that gutted it is very normal in dump sites that have existed for years. Flammable gases are emitted from the decomposition of these wastes over time and this can cause fire break out. Methane gas is a popular gas that emits from dump sites.
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 12:37am On Mar 18, 2018
litaninja:
Chairman, you're explaining science to someone who asked for helicopters to dump sand on a fire...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

grin grin grin
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by Nwaohafia1: 6:07am On Mar 18, 2018
This is Lagos
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by bababodmas(m): 8:44am On Mar 18, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

Accomodation in Omole?

Chairman I never turn landlord n.a. grin

lol... trying my luck.. Loo
Re: Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) by OdiaI(f): 6:50pm On Mar 18, 2018
litaninja:

Lmao

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joke Silva Attends Inauguration Of APC Women Campaign Council / President Tinubu Will Commission Lagos Ibadan Expresssway- Fashola / TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.