Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

A Fresh Wind Blowing Accross Africa - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Fresh Wind Blowing Accross Africa (732 Views)

New Music: Tonto Dike & Kas - Iyawo Wind (hot Or Not?) / R.kelly Feat 2face, Fally Ipupa ,amani And Many More - Hands Accross The World / Really Need To Get Accross To Cobhams: Any Clue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Fresh Wind Blowing Accross Africa by lipuka(m): 10:49am On May 02, 2010
There is something very exciting happening on the music scene in Africa. For some time now, West African musicians, mainly from Nigeria, have been coming to East Africa to perform. And they are minting millions, not to mention adding to the population!

In Kenya today, there is a monthly Nigerian Nite, and this is where Nigerian musicians perform, side by side with their Kenyan counterparts. What is more exciting is that they have started joint recording, what we all call collabos. And the Nigerians are singing in Kiswahili.

Not only are these musicians promoting true African brotherhood, they are promoting Kiswahili too. It is just a matter of time before we hear Nigerian boys and girls singing in Kisweahili too as they play. There has been a joint effort in the movie area, and I have seen movies here in Kenya, with well-known Nigerian actresses speaking Kiswahili.

We will also learn pidgin English, I am sure. I just hope this is not a mere publicity stunt. And I do hope that there will be a Kenyan Nite in Lagos once a month too
Re: A Fresh Wind Blowing Accross Africa by eldee(m): 11:28am On May 02, 2010
Adding to the population ke?? Didn't we warn you guys not to let 2face in?? cheesy cheesy

I think it's better for both African artistes on the global stage.
It's easier for us to have influence as outside as African acts rather than just Nigerian or Kenyan.

Besides, East Africans appear to be more in touch with African culture than Nigeria . . .
Even your rappers stay true to their identity as Africans. . .Gidi Gidi Maji Maji was just on another level, I like Nameless too.
And K'naan, a Somali born Canadian is probably my favourite artiste right now.

An African music industry will definitely help us the same way the Latin Music genre helped both the Spanish and Latin American guys.
Re: A Fresh Wind Blowing Accross Africa by lipuka(m): 11:40am On May 02, 2010
Higerian musician are pkay too, and yes, they seem to like the girls here. So one thing leads to another, and before long Kenyan babies start sporting Nigerian names.

(1) (Reply)

African Kings & Victoria Anwuzia – Dance O Fonique + 2 Bonus Songs / Where Is Kida Kudz / "I Want All My Children And Their Mothers To Live In The Same House With Me" - Tuface

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.