Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) (36971 Views)

NYCN Holds First Miss Orumba South Beauty Pageant December 4 (Pictures) / Meet Grace Oyelude - First Miss Nigeria (1957) And All Past Winners / Queen Of Aso Nigeria Crowns Peace George Chinwendu, 8 Others Winners (colourful) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by wese90(m): 8:25pm On Mar 17, 2018
Cool. If you're told to help someone and you're reading this, am glad to tell you am the one..
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by hidhrhis(m): 8:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
kapelvej:
FTC for albino matter . this is a good gesture anyway, but the should have not segregated them, they should have allowed them to contest with ever other person
at least a program was organised for them to show case their talent
come to Nigeria where the head or hair of albino will turn u into a billionaire if u do ritual
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by crafteck(m): 8:32pm On Mar 17, 2018
DabLord:
Walking money

Ur crazy lol
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by BruncleZuma: 8:37pm On Mar 17, 2018
Whatever you do, don't go to Tanzania...
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by revontuli(f): 8:44pm On Mar 17, 2018
hidhrhis:

at least a program was organised for them to show case their talent
come to Nigeria where the head or hair of albino will turn u into a billionaire if u do ritual

I thought that ritual albino butchering only happened in Tanzania? Does it happen in Nigeria too?
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by horia: 8:47pm On Mar 17, 2018
kapelvej:
FTC for albino matter . this is a good gesture anyway, but the should have not segregated them, they should have allowed them to contest with ever other person
that's how segregation starts. She has always been a full and normal citizen. That's a fact they've got to accept. Crowning her doesn't make any difference.

Despite that, I would call it segregation if westerners were the ones doing the crowning; they are always up to smth. mischievous. But for black men....
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by sirusX(m): 8:50pm On Mar 17, 2018
kapelvej:
Same way you don’t have chubby ladies contesting miss world or miss Nigeria....like slim is the only design by God

There was never a perfect body type, shape, height or color

We create divisions were there was none in the first place
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by nextstep(m): 8:52pm On Mar 17, 2018
kapelvej:

There is a time for that, but this is a contest to highlight the situation/achievements of Albinos, just as there are contests for weightlifters, actors, actresses (two categories), singers, women, disabled athletes, and so on. As things stand now, the chances of an Albino even qualifying to compete in a general pageant are very very slim, but things like these create awareness.
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2018
Newshelm:
Zimbabwe has crowned its first-ever “Miss Albino’’ in a beauty pageant that aims to tackle the stigma faced by people with the rare disorder.

“I want to fight for the rights of children with albinism,” competition winner, Sithembiso Mutukura said.

The 22-year-old social work student receives a cash prize of 85 dollars – far less than was originally planned, said event organiser, Brenda Mudzimu, who is paying the sum out of her own pocket.

Mudzimu criticised Zimbabwe’s government and the private sector for not supporting the initiative.

Thirteen women took part in the “Miss Albino’’ pageant, which in its inaugural year attracted just one sponsor.

People, who suffer from albinism have lighter skin and hair due to an absence of pigment.

The condition is also associated with vision problems.

Albino people face discrimination and violence in many African countries, where superstition says that their body parts possess magical powers.

The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights has counted 600 attacks on people with albinism since 2006 in 28 countries in sub-Saharan Africa.

http://newshelm.ng/photos-zimbabwe-crowns-first-miss-albino/

Photo Credit: EPA

That's really cool.

Congrats to her.
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by BchristopherJ(m): 8:55pm On Mar 17, 2018
New single dropping on Monday!!!! MARRY BY CHRISTOPHER
PROD BY TERRY DON

Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by limitless777(m): 9:06pm On Mar 17, 2018
crispus09:
nigeria never appreciate what we gave

U mean what we have
NO ONE gives albinos ONLY GOD does.
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by hidhrhis(m): 9:25pm On Mar 17, 2018
revontuli:

I thought that ritual albino butchering only happened in Tanzania? Does it happen in Nigeria too?
very well
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 17, 2018
I love this!
I celebrate different smiley

Newshelm:
Zimbabwe has crowned its first-ever “Miss Albino’’ in a beauty pageant that aims to tackle the stigma faced by people with the rare disorder.

“I want to fight for the rights of children with albinism,” competition winner, Sithembiso Mutukura said.

The 22-year-old social work student receives a cash prize of 85 dollars – far less than was originally planned, said event organiser, Brenda Mudzimu, who is paying the sum out of her own pocket.

Mudzimu criticised Zimbabwe’s government and the private sector for not supporting the initiative.

Thirteen women took part in the “Miss Albino’’ pageant, which in its inaugural year attracted just one sponsor.

People, who suffer from albinism have lighter skin and hair due to an absence of pigment.

The condition is also associated with vision problems.

Albino people face discrimination and violence in many African countries, where superstition says that their body parts possess magical powers.

The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights has counted 600 attacks on people with albinism since 2006 in 28 countries in sub-Saharan Africa.

http://newshelm.ng/photos-zimbabwe-crowns-first-miss-albino/

Photo Credit: EPA
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by fuellessgen: 10:02pm On Mar 17, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Tanzania and Malawi are next they need to stop killing albino's in those countries.Good one for the lady Africa is progressing.

Are you an albino?

Please, let's take a census of all albinos on nairaland. If you are an albino click like.
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2018
please abeg I don't want to have nightmare , take these things out of my face... or add graphics
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by keleants(m): 10:09pm On Mar 17, 2018
They all look like doll
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by revontuli(f): 2:29am On Mar 18, 2018
hidhrhis:

very well

There is no evidence about albinos being persecuted/butchered in Nigeria. There are interviews with Nigerian albinos complaining about discrimination, but no violence whatsoever.
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by Dre183(m): 4:52am On Mar 18, 2018
Zimbabwe Again
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by cve90: 6:47am On Mar 18, 2018
Pls o, I have two questions..1. I have not seen an old albino all my life 2. I have not seen an albino obituary before undecided
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by Ebubemg(m): 8:39am On Mar 18, 2018
revontuli:

I don't think so, never heard of it happening in Nigeria
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by hurricanekatrina(f): 12:28pm On Mar 18, 2018
nice... give them a sense of belonging
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by revontuli(f): 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2018
cve90:
Pls o, I have two questions..1. I have not seen an old albino all my life 2. I have not seen an albino obituary before undecided

Many probably die young cause of skin cancer. Unless they have the money to afford lifetime supply of sunblock.
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by Ebubemg(m): 1:44pm On Mar 18, 2018
cve90:
have seen alot of old albinos and have seen an obituary of an albino
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by akaahs(m): 3:42pm On Mar 18, 2018
kapelvej:
I prophise that u ll marry albino lady to champion the course of fighting segregation they re facing in d society in Jesus name. Amen. It shall surely come to pass. U have d spirit in u bro
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by Coldfeets: 4:31pm On Mar 18, 2018
Rapoo:
I love this concert. at least it will boost their self esteem is

And after boosting their self esteem, what next? undecided
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by kapelvej: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2018
akaahs:

I prophise that u ll marry albino lady to champion the course of fighting segregation they re facing in d society in Jesus name. Amen. It shall surely come to pass. U have d spirit in u bro
grin grin grin, I am married already, did you not see my other post were my wife and mother in law are dealing with me like a small boy. https://www.nairaland.com/4375441/mother-in-law-wife-undermine-me
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by revontuli(f): 5:52pm On Mar 18, 2018
kapelvej:
grin grin grin, I am married already, did you not see my other post were my wife and mother in law are dealing with me like a small boy. https://www.nairaland.com/4375441/mother-in-law-wife-undermine-me

Ok then you get a divorce and marry the albino lady. Maybe you will have better luck and have a nicer mother in law this time!
grin
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by kapelvej: 7:17pm On Mar 18, 2018
revontuli:

Ok then you get a divorce and marry the albino lady. Maybe you will have better luck and have a nicer mother in law this time!
grin
it is not about wifey or mother in law, it is about not been able to separate love from reality. Some people may call it weakness, but I see it as someone you truly love taking advantages of you
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by Assassin101: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2018
85 dollars cos she's an albino? discrimination everywhere...
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by crispus09(m): 10:57am On Apr 04, 2018
limitless777:

U mean what we have
NO ONE gives albinos ONLY GOD does.

Thanks its typo err.
Re: Zimbabwe Crowns First ‘Miss Albino’ (Photos) by jbblues24(m): 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2019
Just sick!! embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Rock This GMB Haircut? / Checkout Governor Fashola's Casual Outfit To Lagos Countdown Event(photos) / Fashion From The 50s, 60s & 70s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.