Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:29 AM

OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor (23503 Views)

How Students Pay ‘mercenaries’ To Write Final-year Projects / OAU students trapped following a downpour, today, in Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos / Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by olusola11: 10:49am On Mar 18, 2018
shakaz:
that's for 100level. Finalist pay 2590.

OAU_Ife

Yes. That's true. I remember i paid that as a finalist
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by delilwaxz(m): 10:53am On Mar 18, 2018
Great Ife....every single thing they said is true
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by horia: 11:25am On Mar 18, 2018
Authoreety:
If true, then its worth an applause
for the hostel condition or the excuse. That's government business. It's a federal institution.
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by Brightolanton(m): 11:36am On Mar 18, 2018
Greatest Ife! Greatest gbagba! Greatest gbogbo! Greatest shhhhhhh! Scientific Aluta with maturity. I miss those years in Aluta and struggle at Oba Awon University. God bless the Alma mata

1 Like

Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by Blackops(m): 11:57am On Mar 18, 2018
another means of hiking the price.
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by COMPAQ(m): 12:06pm On Mar 18, 2018
biggerboyc:
madam, no dey comment without reading, its #90 not #90k.
And where will the money to repair come from?
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by Bhol28: 12:16pm On Mar 18, 2018
COMPAQ:

And where will the money to repair come from?
Don't doubt it,that is Great Ife for u,during our own time it wasnt up to that even.possibly they subsidise with tuition fee and some govt intervention. The older sets before ours had laundries in the halls of residence where students drop their clothes to be washed free of charge.
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by hausadreturn(m): 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2018
talk2percy:
The former and current students of that school, nah true? And hope it's liveable, this one he said light and water are free. I don't trust anything u are given free in Nigeria.
very very true. Is there any school hostel where you have to pay for light and water? All those payments would've been factored into the main hostel fees naaa.
The worst is that there're more students per rooms, so imagine a room of 4, housing 15 people. Those 15 students use light, water and more importantly, hot plate on a steady basis. Minute by minute.

1 Like

Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by iphanyi10(m): 12:41pm On Mar 18, 2018
woow!!..this is highly commendable.

but to be candid, that amount is very minute compared to the cost of running a hostel of that standard.
If OAU students pay that amount for accomodation, how come other schools pay much more than that?
does it mean federal universities allocation vary from school to school?

in UI, accomodation is 14k, excluding hostel dues which most times sums up to 20k.

the deputy VC of OAU even said it doesnt affect the school financially, that means they can afford the expenses.

so why are other schools like UI and UNIBEN quite different?
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by hinohsend: 1:45pm On Mar 18, 2018
maasoap:

I'm sure that the management didn't put 10 people in the rooms meant for just 4 people. Blame the students who accommodate squatters, floaters and others. The hostel accommodation might not be enough for students but other schools that are charging 10k, 15k, 20k are not any better than OAU in terms of maintenance and adequate rooms.

Nope, OAU hostels are arguably the worst in Nigeria, Schools like UI have better hostels
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by hausadreturn(m): 2:25pm On Mar 18, 2018
elms:
This was what I paid from 1995 to 2001. Maintenance fee was first introduced in my 200 level and we fought against it then and it was reverted. I sincerely thought it would have been increased by now. 2590 naira is definitely not sustainable in this day and age anymore.
Great Ife!
1995-2001...mmmh, u were probably there during the Africa thing.
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by hausadreturn(m): 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2018
iphanyi10:
woow!!..this is highly commendable.

but to be candid, that amount is very minute compared to the cost of running a hostel of that standard.
If OAU students pay that amount for accomodation, how come other schools pay much more than that?
does it mean federal universities allocation vary from school to school?

in UI, accomodation is 14k, excluding hostel dues which most times sums up to 20k.

the deputy VC of OAU even said it doesnt affect the school financially, that means they can afford the expenses.

so why are other schools like UI and UNIBEN quite different?
Let's just say the mgt. arent willing to make the hostels better, or better still, build more to accommodate its exploding population.
The hostels are many, but the student population is so high. Not all students are willing to stay off campus, so they force themselves to stay in school hostels, leading to over population, which inturn kills the buildings more.
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by hausadreturn(m): 2:35pm On Mar 18, 2018
maasoap:

I'm sure that the management didn't put 10 people in the rooms meant for just 4 people. Blame the students who accommodate squatters, floaters and others. The hostel accommodation might not be enough for students but other schools that are charging 10k, 15k, 20k are not any better than OAU in terms of maintenance and adequate rooms.
No u cannot blame the students but blame the management, who put up laws and yet fail to implement them. In Unilorin for instance, i've heard that there's no such thing as squatting, etc. It's there in the statutes of Oau...but they have to go the extra-mile by implementing it.
Rules are rules! Without them, we're all savages - Alexander Mahone; Prison Break Season 3 (Sona).
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by tee4naija(m): 2:41pm On Mar 18, 2018
This is why government owned institutions may never match their private counterparts in infrastructural maintenance. N2,500 is not up to phcn bill for a single room apartment not to talk of water rates and other utilities.The same dudes paying this paltry sum spend up to 10k @ club on Friday nights and will carry placards to protest if electricity fails for 10 hours in their hostels.
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by drey076(m): 3:02pm On Mar 18, 2018
Na True oo
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by gbolly0001(m): 3:10pm On Mar 18, 2018
dejt4u:
you don't need to believe it. go to OAU and verify. that's what I paid in my days in OAU. 2009 and 2013 that is my first year and final year respectively

Chairman we don't pay #90 it's #3090 I paid as a fresher in 2014 and it's #2500 as a finalist now. I wonder where the OP got this information from have never heard students paying #90 b4. Thanks I still rep OAU Best!!!
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by josfamdl(m): 4:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
God bless oauife,

My last tuition n accommodation fees as a final year student was less than 30k, I love the school so much.

One day, I ll donate a hall of residence to the school just to show my gratitude.

I rep Oau for life.
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by hausadreturn(m): 4:37pm On Mar 18, 2018
shakaz:

OAU_Ife
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by hausadreturn(m): 4:37pm On Mar 18, 2018
shakaz:
OAU_Ife
Or better still, any student from 200L and above.
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by tharaomo(f): 4:59pm On Mar 18, 2018
I attend the best school in Nigeria Oba Awon universities Great Ife!!!!
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by tharaomo(f): 5:02pm On Mar 18, 2018
adedejidamilare:
I had a rush of emotions reading this. I'm glad I finished from OAU but I will never allow my children go there.
lol why
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by maasoap(m): 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2018
hinohsend:

Nope, OAU hostels are arguably the worst in Nigeria, Schools like UI have better hostels
Arguably the worst? You didn't know about Akindeko Hostel in FUTA back in the days. It was renovated in 2010 when my set graduated. Till 2010, no words to describe the place.
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by kingchris30(m): 7:46pm On Mar 18, 2018
dejt4u:
you don't need to believe it. go to OAU and verify. that's what I paid in my days in OAU. 2009 and 2013 that is my first year and final year respectively
na 3 years course you do, you are meant to stay atleast extra one year
Re: OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor by dejt4u(m): 10:08pm On Mar 18, 2018
kingchris30:
na 3 years course you do, you are meant to stay atleast extra one year
no.. my matric number is actually ***/2008/075. I defended my project in April 2013

we resumed section late 2008. around December or thereabout. remember that 2007 freshers also started their session in 2008 (around Jan/Feb)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President / 30 Haunting Photos Of People Right Before Their Deaths continued from page 4. / Plz Is There Any Art Course I Can Get Admission With D7 In Litterature?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.