Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,756 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Where Igbos And Yorubas May Sink - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Igbos And Yorubas May Sink (460 Views)

Nigeria May Sink If Attacks On IPOB Members Continue – Groups / For Those Who Don't Appreciate Where Igbos Were Coming From: / For Those Who Don't Appreciate Where Igbos Come From - Urhobo Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Igbos And Yorubas May Sink by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 17, 2018
I am among those who don't believe that the "north" has an agenda or the Muslims are bad or violent. Our problems has been our inability to identify the real enemies and handle them. If you've been to northern Nigeria or have good knowledge of the towns in the north, you will discover that no northern community is in peace except the areas where Fulanis have fully conquered. The Hausas are peace-loving and accommodating people but today they are gone. The Hausas and other tribes in the North have been displaced, killed, captured and enslaved by the Fulanis. They are called permanent slaves by the Fulanis. The Fulanis have no known state, it's Nigeria they lay strong claim on and it has been a longtime plan to conquer every corner of Nigeria. It was Saduana of sokoto who said that the place called Nigeria is the property of their grandfather, Uthman Danfodio, and they will protect it with any means available. More statements akin to this pervade history. The killings by both Fulani herdsmen, as they are called, and by boko haram are simply an extension of jihad. It's has been going on for long but more pronounced now because they are using the state machineries to push for it. Saduana of sokoto also described the hausas and other northern tribes as easy tools who can be used when they are loyal but killed when otherwise. Boko haram is a good example of the foregoing. Are you not surprised that Nigerian military bombed Rann IDP camp twice? Who was the pilot that did the bombing and who gave the instructions? How many Fulanis are in idp camps? Have you heard Fulanis are in IDP camps? Aren't you shocked that recently in Adamawa bombs dropped by Nigerian air force landed in churches, farmlands and homes where children and women were killed in large number? In Edo, the killer Fulani who was arrested was released by "some Nigerian soldiers" who killed the vigilante who made the arrest. Why didn't the army sponsor the autopsy to ascertain the source of the bullet that killed the vigilante? What made IG of police after having a meeting with buhari say that Benue killings were mere communal clashes? Do you think that killings will end in Benue? While Yorubas and Igbos regale in puerile superiority complex, the Fulanis are inching deeper into their lands, killing their people, testing their courage. While Igbos and Yorubas argue frenetically over apc and pdp their lands are being taken by the Fulanis? Muslims are not bad and not all Fulanis people are in the know of what is happening. Some muslims who are violent are the easy tools the Fulanis use. Even during the civil war northern christians were used. The jihadist Fulanis don't care if you're a muslim or not. What they are after is your land, a territory they will call their own. I call on the Igbos and the Yorubas who watched Hausa, their brother, die not to allow what happened to hausa happen to them. It's only a foolish man who will allow what knocked his teeth to blind his eyes. The killers have no religion, no political party and they are united in their actions. Three people who are united can kill 3000 people who are not united. If we remain divided they way we are today, our land will be taken and we won't do anything. The north has no agenda. The Fulanis do.
Re: Where Igbos And Yorubas May Sink by BankeSmalls(f): 9:54pm On Mar 17, 2018
Alariiwo:
You want the truth??

Nigeria would have been better with regional system if the Igbos didn't carry out that coup that killed Ahmadu Bello and other southern elites excluding Igbos.

My question is.. what was their aim if not dominate other tribes??

That bad signal is what is affecting us till today.

I know you were not born with sense. Try and buy a little bit.

1 Like

Re: Where Igbos And Yorubas May Sink by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 17, 2018
Re: Where Igbos And Yorubas May Sink by Alariiwo: 10:09pm On Mar 17, 2018
You want the truth??

Nigeria would have been better with regional system if the Igbos didn't carry out that coup that killed Ahmadu Bello and other southern elites excluding Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Where Igbos And Yorubas May Sink by ihitenansa: 10:11pm On Mar 17, 2018
Alariiwo:
You want the truth??

u no get sense. the action of a group of misinformed young soldiers of igbo, yoruba, urhobo and hausa extravtion has now turned to igbo coup. typical afonjastic idiocy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Igbos And Yorubas May Sink by TheKingdom: 10:20pm On Mar 17, 2018
No to Igbo and Yoruba handshake....Let each form their own natural nations

3 Likes

Re: Where Igbos And Yorubas May Sink by gidgiddy: 10:21pm On Mar 17, 2018
I call on the Igbos and the Yorubas who watched Hausa, their brother, die not to allow what happened to hausa happen to them. It's only a foolish man who will allow what knocked his teeth to blind his eyes. The killers have no religion, no political party and they are united in their actions.

The people you should be calling on are Yorubas, not Igbos. Igbos have long fought to extricate themselves from the cloud of darkness that is enveloping Nigeria. Ojukwu and Igbos did not declare Biafra and fight for independence for 3 years for the fun of it. The Igbos knew that the Northern oligarchy led by the Fulani were on a mission to enslave everyone and they fought back. What did Yorubas do? They helped the Northern masters. To this day, the average Yoruba man thinks that Igbos were fools to have fought for their freedom.

When the same Yorubas see someone like Nnamdi Kanu rise up to agitate for the freedom of his people from the Northern oligarchy, the same Yoruba man will castigate Kanu and even applaud the federal government for using military might on Kanu.

So the call is not for Igbos, we Igbos have fought for long to prevent Fulani hegemony. The call is for Yorubas who want to drag the rest of Southern Nigeria with them into Fulani slavery.

6 Likes

Re: Where Igbos And Yorubas May Sink by Kalaldi: 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2018
Sir,in your brother's book-There was a country,the author Achebe asked,am i not an Igbo man? Is there anything about the Igbos that i dont know? He further said prior to the civil war the igbos occupied 55% of the federal work force and 45% for the rest,yet Oga you failed to read and take correction from your unbias brother than making the same mistake again.
My advice,tell guys from your community not to steal herdsmen cows and peace will prevail,they are after fodder not your land.Nigerians,is there any community that fulanis drove the indegenes and occupied their lands?
Re: Where Igbos And Yorubas May Sink by Turantula(m): 11:09pm On Mar 17, 2018
Kalaldi:
Sir,in your brother's book-There was a country,the author Achebe asked,am i not an Igbo man? Is there anything about the Igbos that i dont know? He further said prior to the civil war the igbos occupied 55% of the federal work force and 45% for the rest,yet Oga you failed to read and take correction from your unbias brother than making the same mistake again.
My advice,tell guys from your community not to steal herdsmen cows and peace will prevail,they are after fodder not your land.Nigerians,is there any community that fulanis drove the indegenes and occupied their lands?
Ekwensu

(1) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Youth Backs Danjuma On Call For Self-defence Against Killer Herdsmen / My 3 Years In Office Has Been Very Turbulent – Buhari / Nigeria At Fringes Of Better Days – Prophet El-buba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.