Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package (1404 Views)

Bayelsa: In Defence Of Justice Mary Odili / BREAKING: We Won’t Call Any Witness In Defence Of Petition By PDP, Atiku – INEC / SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ (2) (3) (4)

Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by ManirBK: 10:32pm On Mar 17, 2018
Senators yesterday justified their N14.2 million monthly package, saying the money is used to cater for their numerous expenses.
Senator Oluremi Tinubu (APC, Lagos Central) yesterday defended the N14.2 million pay package received monthly by Nigerian senators during the 25th town hall she organised in Lagos tagged, “Gender Equity and the Right To Economic Freedom.”
LEADERSHIP Weekend recalls that Senator Shehu Sani (APC, Kaduna Central) had revealed in a recent interview that he and his colleagues pocketed N13.5 million monthly as running cost in addition to their N750,000 official monthly salary, bringing the total package to N14.2 million.
Speaking on the issue, Senator Tinubu said the money takes care of the lawmakers’ numerous running costs.
“Out of this money, we pay house rent, constituency office bills, transportation. And apart from these, everything is monetised. The House only provides one car for each senator,”
“Does a minister or commissioner have one car?
“People make a lot of noise when there is nothing. I have been consistent with the town hall meetings and all the money I have been spending, including empowering people, is from this money,” she explained.
When asked about the huge pay package for federal lawmakers, Tinubu’s counterpart in the House of Representatives, Hon. Olajide Jimoh (APC, Lagos Mainland federal constituency) denied collecting such.
He said, “I am not collecting jumbo pay. My salary is legal and also embedded in the budget.”
A Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) senator from the north central zone who does not want to be quoted said: “There is no official or formal reaction yet to Senator Shehu Sani’s disclosure that senators take home N13.5million, beside the N750,000 official salary monthly and that they are entitled to N200 million constituency project allowance yearly.
“If there should be any reaction, a senator should have moved a motion on it, subjected it to debate before a resolution is made.
Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by ManirBK: 10:33pm On Mar 17, 2018
.WHAT A NIGERIAN SENATOR GETS
A. RUNNING COST
Newspaper allowance.......N1.24m
Wardrobe allowance..........N0.62m
Recess allowance .............N0.25m
Accommodation................N4.97m
Utilities ..............................N0.83m
Domestic staff...................N1.86m
Entertainment....................N0.83m
Personal Assistant............N0.62m
Vehicle Mtce Allowance...N1.86m
Leave Allowance...............N0.25m
TOTAL RUNNING COST ...........N13.58m/month
This adds up to N162.96m annually
B. CONSOLIDATED SALARY
He goes home with N750,000 monthly.
This sums up to N9m annually.
C. He is entitled to N200m annually to execute projects which is the duty of the Executive.
SUMMARY
Annual Salary...N9,000,000 per annum
Running Allowee....N163,000,000 per annum
Constituency....N200,000,000 per annum
TOTAL N372,000,000.00per annum.
This amount is over N1,000,000 every blessed day including Sundays when he is in church.
HE ALSO GETS THIS
Severance Gratuity............ N7.43m
Furniture allowance ..........N7.45m
Motor Vehicle Allowance...N9.94m
TOTAL N24.82m. I presume once in a Senate life.
He then gets bribed to pass or kill a Bill.

Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by uncleiykeman(m): 10:56pm On Mar 17, 2018
See thieves o.... How much do school teachers get in a year?

Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2018
On hearing this news, from today henceforth I support Biafra angry

Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by adem30: 11:00pm On Mar 17, 2018
Yet they want we innocent youth to be killing ourselves because of them. May all of you never know peace

Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by ManirBK: 11:00pm On Mar 17, 2018
uncleiykeman:
See thieves o.... How much do school teachers get in a year?
Na u dey talk, Change should begin with them @Senators

Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by obi4eze(m): 11:03pm On Mar 17, 2018
Thunder fire them. Awon oloshi

Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by giftedheart1(m): 11:46pm On Mar 17, 2018
now i understand why senator Adeleke of Osun state was dancing when he won the election. A senator in Nigeria earns in 11months what USA president gets in a year. imagine, David Mark has been a senator since 1999

Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by Man2utd(m): 12:08am On Mar 18, 2018
If Nigerians got gut you won't be yarning this dust....

Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 18, 2018
Tinubu's wife.
Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by dignity33: 12:20am On Mar 18, 2018
Let us do a simple investigation on how Ekweremadu made his fortune through government in a transparent manner, firstly we have just heard from Senator Sani that each senator recieve N13.5m. monthly that are not their Salary which I believe that federal government are aware about it. N13.5m . ×12 month =N162m for a year . N162m ×18yrs =N2.9b not minding his monthly salary and allowances, monthly salary of senators are N750,000 ×12=N9m × 18yrs = N162m let us assume that his allowances which I did not included and his salary which is N162m are the expense and taxes he paid.

HE ALSO GETS THIS

We also didn't include during the period he served as Chief of staff and Secretary to state Governors. Now let said he has made N3.5b when include the period he is chief of staff and Secretary to enugu state government. Now my question is can N3.5b buy all those properties mentioned by Saharareporter? From my estimate N3.5b can acquired those properties mentioned by Saharareporter though not saying he is a Saint.
Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by DynasTee: 2:23am On Mar 18, 2018
Please just select 108 people from NL pay them 2m per month and see if they won't perform better than you

But I will be the Senate president Sha
Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by Bakynes24: 3:04am On Mar 18, 2018
dignity33:
Let us do a simple investigation on how Ekweremadu made his fortune through government in a transparent manner, firstly we have just heard from Senator Sani that each senator recieve N13.5m. monthly that are not their Salary which I believe that federal government are aware about it. N13.5m . ×12 month =N162m for a year . N162m ×18yrs =N2.9b not minding his monthly salary and allowances, monthly salary of senators are N750,000 ×12=N9m × 18yrs = N162m let us assume that his allowances which I did not included and his salary which is N162m are the expense and taxes he paid.

HE ALSO GETS THIS

We also didn't include during the period he served as Chief of staff and Secretary to state Governors. Now let said he has made N3.5b when include the period he is chief of staff and Secretary to enugu state government. Now my question is can N3.5b buy all those properties mentioned by Saharareporter? From my estimate N3.5b can acquired those properties mentioned by Saharareporter though not saying he is a Saint.
The also collect money from Chairing a committee, each senator is the chairman of one committee but the bigger the ministry or parastatal, the more money they receive. They collect money for Oversight function and are also entitled to Brand new vehicles of about 12-15m every four years. What of Budget padding that has been going on since forever.

Ekeremadu is a deputy Senate president running into 7 years now so his own package is more juicy than the rest of the senators except the Senate President.
Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by stevnwigw1: 3:38am On Mar 18, 2018
Nigerian youths say this must be reviewed downwards or we don't want national assembly anymore.

Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by pinkcottoncandy: 3:43am On Mar 18, 2018
dambooooba
Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by ameri9ja: 5:16am On Mar 18, 2018
Shameless thieves. That's why Nigeria is ranked 2nd in income gap worldwide.

Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by ZombieTAMER: 7:45am On Mar 18, 2018
No Nigerian senator will make heaven

But I don't blame them though
I blame the useless youths littered round the country
If they are not fighting one another
They are watching BBA or Epl
The most worthless masses are seen in Nigeria
All they do is support thieves openly and cry behind the scenes ...

There are only two tribes in Nigeria
The elites and the masses
The elites know they are kings and queens

The masses don't realise yet that they are slaves

Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by slimfit1(m): 8:16am On Mar 18, 2018
Ok show us your constituency project then let see if it is worth the amount paid .
Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by Hofbrauhaus(m): 8:26am On Mar 18, 2018
GoroTango:

Don't allow other BMC hear this nonsense you just typed o.
Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by ctuagent007: 5:22pm On Mar 18, 2018
I love this country....
Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by ManirBK: 5:56pm On Mar 18, 2018
stevnwigw1:
Nigerian youths say this must be reviewed downwards or we don't want national assembly anymore.
True talk
Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by ManirBK: 6:10pm On Mar 18, 2018
Bakynes24:

The also collect money from Chairing a committee, each senator is the chairman of one committee but the bigger the ministry or parastatal, the more money they receive. They collect money for Oversight function and are also entitled to Brand new vehicles of about 12-15m every four years. What of Budget padding that has been going on since forever.

Ekeremadu is a deputy Senate president running into 7 years now so his own package is more juicy than the rest of the senators except the Senate President.
Senator shehu sani also need to tell us what a senator earn when chairing a committee
Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by ManirBK: 6:16pm On Mar 18, 2018
Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by Kestolovee95(f): 6:32pm On Mar 18, 2018
GoroTango:

Can an abooki skull be sensible enough to do such. Your danshiki-wearing rulers don drink oil finish?
Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by buhariguy(m): 7:21pm On Mar 18, 2018
Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by buhariguy(m): 7:32pm On Mar 18, 2018
dignity33:

HE ALSO GETS THIS

hahahahaha, the balance in his bank accounts alone is more than #5b
Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 18, 2018
Kestolovee95:

Can an abooki skull be sensible enough to do such. Your danshiki-wearing rulers don drink oil finish?
Kai Flattinno what are you saying? undecided
Re: Senators Rise In Defence Of N14.2m Monthly Package by ifyan(m): 1:29am On Mar 19, 2018
"Evil prevail where the good are silent" Unknown.

But N18000 minimum wage is OK for the civil servants. No wander every government position is a juicy position.

Bubu

Reno Omokri Slams Vice President, Osinbajo For Attacking Jonathan / Ekiti Decides: Police Released PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate, Others / There Is Abank War Trending On Social Media. [read This]