Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,465 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) (41717 Views)

Injustice, See What Nigerian Police Force Did To This Innocent Man. (photo) / N712 Million Fraud: You Have A Case To Answer, Court Tells Ex Gov. Lamido, Sons / “I Will Kill You And Nothing Will Happen ”-soldier Tells Man, As He Beat Him(vid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by ClintGist(f): 6:19am On Mar 18, 2018

A Romanian court has upheld a death notice against a man despite him being alive and present in the court at the time. .

The decision by judges in the eastern Romanian town of Barlad left Constantin Reliu, 63, legally dead despite him showing all the vital signs of life.

“My name is Constantin Reliu. I am dead but I’m still alive,” he said as he left the court. “I have no source of income, and because of the fact that I am dead I cannot hire a lawyer. In fact I can’t do anything in this country.” .

Reliu left Romania in 1992 to work in Turkey, where he settled down. His wife, having heard nothing from him for years, applied successfully for a death notice in 2016. .

Her husband first became aware of his death when he tried to return to Romania in January, after the Turkish authorities expelled him because his papers had expired. .

“The head of the border police at the airport called me to his office, turned on his computer and showed it to me. ‘Look,’ he said. ‘Constantin Reliu declared dead by his wife’,” Reliu told Digi24, a Romanian news network. .
He appealed to the Barlad court to overturn his death notice. “The length of time that the defendant had not contacted his family, but also the fact that he last entered from Turkey was on July 8 1999 made credible the claim by the spouse of Constantin Reliu that he had died in unknown circumstances,” the court said as it dismissed his appeal

source : http://www.clintgist.com/legally-dead-will-remain-dead-court-tells-man/

cc: lalasticlala

6 Likes

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by ClintGist(f): 6:19am On Mar 18, 2018
Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by dafeyankee: 6:20am On Mar 18, 2018
Lol.

Can we apply the same law to Buhari?

151 Likes 6 Shares

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by Nobody: 6:22am On Mar 18, 2018
the worst thing is to see ur obituary when u are not dead......

i thought it is only in Nigeria that life is difficult .....hmmmm....different people are surfing from different part of one world.

12 Likes

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by coolcharm(m): 6:32am On Mar 18, 2018
Which kind wala be this na

Let him apeal the judgment biko

9 Likes

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by exlinkleads(f): 6:42am On Mar 18, 2018
lol

court matter

no be small o

1 Like

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by wese90(m): 6:42am On Mar 18, 2018
LoL.. If you're told to help someone and you're reading this, am the one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by Nobody: 6:43am On Mar 18, 2018
Remain dead cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by xmanco42: 6:44am On Mar 18, 2018
Opportunity to make it in life!
pick up a gun and shoot the judge, go rob a bank of $100m.
then leave the rest to court to prove how a dead man kill a judges and rob a bank

307 Likes 24 Shares

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:45am On Mar 18, 2018
So Mr. Constantine Reliu is now a living dead??

Makai koman be going

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by Standardcosting(m): 6:46am On Mar 18, 2018
Serves him right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by madridguy(m): 6:47am On Mar 18, 2018
Impossible.

dafeyankee:
Lol.

Can we apply the same law to Buhari?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by yeyeboi(m): 6:47am On Mar 18, 2018
Ok
Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by royalamour(m): 6:47am On Mar 18, 2018
This injustice. They have no right to bully the man. It is his country and they are no worthy indigenes than the man.

3 Likes

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by omega2128(m): 6:47am On Mar 18, 2018
dead to responsibilities.
he made innocent woman waited for 24years, wasted her time.
this man is heartless.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by iduzebaba(m): 6:48am On Mar 18, 2018
Lawyer :you r dead
Man: i agree, but am now born again, old tins r passed away, this is the new me

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 18, 2018
The head of the border police at the airport called me to his office, turned on his computer and showed it to me. ‘Look,’ he said. ‘Constantin Reliu declared dead by his wife’,”

just amazing how far smaller nations have gone.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by Inspire01: 6:49am On Mar 18, 2018
After God fear WOMAN b4 The devil.

So because u no see ur husband for so many years u declare the man dead

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by Maj196(m): 6:49am On Mar 18, 2018
The walking dead

2 Likes

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by Olawalesadiq(m): 6:49am On Mar 18, 2018
nawa ooo. na by force to die

3 Likes

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by Bimpe29: 6:50am On Mar 18, 2018
Haba! The judge must be high on Oshogbo weed. How could you declare a living man dead and he is physically present/sighted in the court room?

8 Likes

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 18, 2018
Why didn't he contact his wife or any member of his family prior that or divorce her if he want out of the union.

Had his passport not expired, he wouldn't have thought of going home

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by Hector09(m): 6:53am On Mar 18, 2018
abi na by force to die

1 Like

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by egoldman(m): 6:56am On Mar 18, 2018
Person dey ur front and you still insists he be declared dead, that judge dey craze ni?

3 Likes

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by TEYA: 6:58am On Mar 18, 2018
Dude is not smart. Go and start committing crime to survive, when they sue you to court, remind the stupid judge that you are dead and cannot be sued!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by DIKEnaWAR: 7:00am On Mar 18, 2018
In this case he has no duty to country, family or humanity. His is to occupy space and exist.

He should start committing small crimes with less sentences like shoplifting to see if the state would arrest him and then question them on how a man that does not exist can take any action or be arrested. Before they book him, they have to reissue him his papers and upturn the judgement.

6 Likes

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by Tinalex(f): 7:02am On Mar 18, 2018
Yeah he is truly legally dead. 1992-2016 n he made no contact and he want to just pick up where he left the poor woman.Even in Nigeria its 7 years under the matrimonial causes act.The woman really tried. Silly man, he should remain dead...Court!!!!!!! smiley

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by paragon40(m): 7:03am On Mar 18, 2018
Presumption of death. In Nigeria it is after 7 years, (Matrimonial Causes Act).

2 Likes

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by DIKEnaWAR: 7:07am On Mar 18, 2018
Tinalex:
Yeah he is truly legally dead. 1992-2016 n he made no contact and he want to just pick up where he left the poor woman.Even in Nigeria its 7 years under the matrimonial causes act.The woman really tried. Silly man, he should remain dead...Court!!!!!!! smiley

Feminist. If he were your client would you not seek a way out for him?

It is actually the Evidence Act.

9 Likes

Re: You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) by emmyfizzy12(m): 7:10am On Mar 18, 2018
xmanco42:
Opportunity to make it in life!
pick up a gun and shoot the judge, go rob a bank of $100m.
then leave the rest to court to prove how a dead man kill a judges and rob a bank
exactly what just crossed my mind...but anyone that kill a dead man is innocent.

38 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Baths Dirty Almajiris In Maiduguri (Photos) / Man Sits In Tyres On An Okada (Photos) / Truck Crushes Man's Car In Calabar, As He Goes To Ease Himself Inside Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.