Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) (36611 Views)

Rain Destroys Building At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) / University Of Ilorin Dress Code: Bans Cleavage, Tattoos, Leggings, Heavy Makeup / University Of Ilorin Is A Terrorist Organisation - ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by soul67: 7:36am On Mar 19, 2018
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by sharpshap(m): 7:45am On Mar 19, 2018
Check out the position of the ac in the first picture and compare with the second picture, then check the floor. Maybe na only me notice something.
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by ahzeezat(f): 7:59am On Mar 19, 2018
hapholahbi:
The contractor has to be sued, how come old structures like the walkway, Lagos hostel, zamfara hostel were not destroyed.

I wonder ooo
That hostel is a new hostel
private hostel for that matter collecting only God knows how much...
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 19, 2018
more pictures

1 Share

Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 19, 2018
OwoKolaChuks:
I was surprised when my house was still standing this morning. Why is Ilorin rain always destructive anyway?
the sin of the land is becoming too much. imagine the calamities that happened in Kwara state this past week
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 19, 2018
Oma307:

the sin of the land is becoming too much. imagine the calamities that happened in Kwara state this past week
Sin Yes.But the truth is we've left the right thing and shading shadows.Compare block 1 to 10 and also the hostel ATO D on one hand and any other new buildings in that campus and you will see where the fault is.
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by introvertedsoul: 8:07am On Mar 19, 2018
When you give Egbon Wahlid and Musibao contracts of this magnitude, instead of giving professionals.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by KushLyon(m): 8:14am On Mar 19, 2018
most schools in Nigeria are built with substandard materials. small rain go just fall, the whole of uniben go dey shake like plaintain leaf, roofs flying here and there
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by KushLyon(m): 8:17am On Mar 19, 2018
sharpshap:
Check out the position of the ac in the first picture and compare with the second picture, then check the floor. Maybe na only me notice something.

it's a simple something na.... they added more AC cheesy that floor is just an illusion, it's nothing to worry about.... this doesn't look weird at all
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by OnyeOGA(m): 8:22am On Mar 19, 2018
OwoKolaChuks:
I was surprised when my house was still standing this morning. Why is Ilorin rain always destructive anyway?
grin
please, consult the gods.
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by smokedfish: 8:25am On Mar 19, 2018
See english
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 19, 2018
better by......
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 19, 2018
Instead of being proactive & use standard materials we are fooling ourselves in that shithooo. cos u want to steal & loot. Same thing happened in UNIBEN. The last windstorms that swept part of Benin City was so massive that many roofs & plantain were uprooted including trees; buildings & structures collapsed. Many houses without trees were worst hit.

Imagine the day the kinds of rain/windstorm experience in America struck here & Nigerians will blame witches & demons

Some fake pastors are telling families & communities to get rid of trees & fruit trees from their environment as part of deliverance to drive away witches & zombies are obeying them really. Knowledge is lacking in that country. A pastor that can't pray to paralyse witches is not a pastor. My house is surrounded by trees & fruit trees.

Combine all the windstorm in the world it wouldn't shake the buildings erected at NIFOR. Some are standing 100 years plus. Is it not humans that did it.

We must prepare for more natural disasters because they will surely happen. The actions & inactions of man on the environment will be reaped.

1 Like

Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by 2day6(m): 8:40am On Mar 19, 2018
terrezo2002:
The rains of this year will be very great. It will cause flooding and if the government does not begin to prepare for it by constructing drainages, lives and properties may be lost. I don't pray that
which government wan prepared do you think they care about us.
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by lagosrd: 8:40am On Mar 19, 2018
orbitalgis:

The contractor should be arrested.It shows that poor grade building materials were used.An enquiry should be launched regarding this.Poor shoddy work.
The contractor has done no evil. The building and been completed and put to use for a while and there has never been any case of such. The school herself should be blamed. They operate like people from the bush. Quite uncivilized in project handling and monitoring. They seems not to consult their own professional in campus to know the direction of wind, to plant trees and avoid totally glazed buildings.
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by SIRKAY98(m): 8:45am On Mar 19, 2018
kolafolabi:
Substandard materials.. Contractor needs to be quarried asap

Am sure when he gave quotation,the school Authority slashed it well.....forcing t to get substandard materials

1 Like

Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by Bluffly: 9:05am On Mar 19, 2018
alfredfrddy:
The rain wasn't budgetted for, do not forget that.

What the openings, it is obvious that the construction is poor
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by lookingfly: 9:09am On Mar 19, 2018
Where the fallen trees undecided
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by debolayinka(m): 9:53am On Mar 19, 2018
The contractor who constructed this Faculty of Arts building particularly, should be given an head-shot. The building was just built in 2014, and even while under construction, the building collapsed.
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 19, 2018
this stupid ART building was just constructed after fire destroyed d first one... Unilorin n stupid buildings
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by cutesimplycalm(f): 1:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
This building is less dan 5yrs nd it has partially collapsed more than once, the engineer should be probed.
Unilorin my alma mater
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by Peterpanny: 2:07pm On Mar 19, 2018
while some were busy fuckkiing themselves like hell.
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by Misternas89(m): 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2018
hapholahbi:
The contractor has to be sued, how come old structures like the walkway, Lagos hostel, zamfara hostel were not destroyed.
Abi ooo and these r buildings that r built some years ago. Until I finished from Unilorin in the year 2012, even with the heavy downpours none of those buildings were affected
Conclusion: Those contractors really have some queries to answer, imagine their so called new generation buildings been dilapidated every now and then
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by blessingsonflee(f): 2:11am On Mar 20, 2018
SamoaJoe:
Bad engineering. Only God knows how much was stolen from this project!

Give them money to do things and you see them use 90% for "other projects" and 10% for the main project the money was budgeted for.
my thoughts exactly! You should see the new buildings in UNIBEN also. They use Substandard building materials and pocket the rest of the money.
Re: Rain Destroys University Of Ilorin Buildings (Photos) by oluwafrizzy(m): 3:02pm On Mar 24, 2018
Misternas89:

Abi ooo and these r buildings that r built some years ago. Until I finished from Unilorin in the year 2012, even with the heavy downpours none of those buildings were affected
Conclusion: Those contractors really have some queries to answer, imagine their so called new generation buildings been dilapidated every now and then

That's not true..

Lagos hostel was also affected

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boy Buys Book At Areoye Oyebola's 80th Birthday Celebration In Oyo, Steals Show / Aishatu Abubakar Honored By Sultan Of Sokoto, Sa'adu Abubakar (Photos) / A Teacher Beats And Wounds A Pupil (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.