Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,720 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Beware Of The Latest Online Scam Now! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of The Latest Online Scam Now! (883 Views)

The Online Scam Titled Pfizer / Is Chipper Cash Usd Card Officially Scam Now? / Whey Someone Introduced Me To Affiliate Marketing I Call It A Scam, Now Thankgod (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of The Latest Online Scam Now! by imotech(m): 1:15pm On Mar 18, 2018
BEWARE OF THE LATEST ONLINE SCAM NOW!

There is a scam that is going on now that is so innocent that before you know it all your money is gone.
The scam is so easy that you can get caught up in it without your being aware that you are heading on a
journey to being duped.

A friend of mine just got duped recently and he told me of how it happened. One day he was busy surfing
Google when he got a page that told him that Google has randomly selected him as one of the ten lucky
people for that day to be given a prize of a free iphone 10.

My friend was so happy that he lost all his senses. He clicked on the link and was redirected to a new
site called organizedjobs.com. In that site he was instructed to pay $1 (one US dollar) as a token fee
to get the iphone 10. At that point he became confused. Didn't they say it was free? Why the $1 fee now?

But when he thought that Google is the one doing the promo they will surely give him the iphone because
he has done some payment before with Google and it went well. Without thinking again he brought out his
ATM card and paid the one dollar fee. Immediately he got an SMS that 300 and something naira has been
subtracted from his account.

Ladies and gentlemen, that was how my friend got himself caught up in the web of the online scammers who call
themselves OrganizedJobs. He was told that the shipping of the phone may take a week. So my friend
waited with glee hoping to be among the first people in his neighborhood to own an iphone 10.

But two days later he got another SMS that $1 dollar has been deducted from his account. He was perplexed.
But they have already taken $1 the first time why this one again? He thought maybe they needed it for
shipping costs. So he relaxed again. Nothing is going to stop him from getting that iphone. Not even
stinginess will stop it this time.

About 4 days later he got another SMS that informed him that 157 Brazilian Real has been deducted from his account.
What Was it not dollars they were collecting before? And have they not collected it twice before? He quickly
Googled out how much 157 Brazilian Real was and discovered with a shock that it was about 17,000 naira (seventeen thousand naira)!

To cut the long story short, he got duped of approximately 18,000 naira (eighteen thousand naira). He quickly went to
the ATM to withdraw the remaining small money he had left and ordered his bank to block his ATM card. That was how
from hoping to get iphone for $1 my friend lost some money all for nothing.

Who are these people called Organized Jobs? And what is their mission? They claim to be based in Brazil and also claim
that they work as freelancers for Google. Their associating with the Google name was genius as it gave them an
undeserved intergrity. They have been using this to dupe people from around the world. They have websites scattered
all over the internet claiming you have one one thing or the other.

Their prank is so innocent looking that you won't be aware that you are dealing with thieves. If you do
a Google search with the question: "Is Organized Jobs a scam?" you will come across different review sites with
people from around the complaining bitterly about how they got scammed by these scoundrels.

Why isn't anyone doing anything to stop these guys? The only thing we can do is to warn people as they say that
prevention is better than cure. Please be very careful when you come across a free offer online. Nothing goes
for nothing. Nothing is free. And as pastor Adeboye would say: "If anything is free it is because someone has paid for it".

Please spread the word about this crooks called Organized Jobs because the next person to be duped might be a member of your
family or a friend. Its very painful to lose money in this way. And it is not fair.

(This message was brought to you by ImoTech Communication Services. We are website designers, software developers and mobile
apps developers. Visit our site at www.imotech.com.ng or call us on 08065083734, 08189302686).
Re: Beware Of The Latest Online Scam Now! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 18, 2018
Hahahaha... Cant stop laughing oo.. Hmm he for no withdraw all the money na. This is a lesson for others, if it sounds to good to be true,better ignore it. Who know u that wants to dash u iphone wtv for free. No be say u play any kind of game with the hope of winning an iphone. Longer throat dey kill oo grin grin
Re: Beware Of The Latest Online Scam Now! by eTECTIVe(m): 1:59pm On Mar 18, 2018
Ur friend is dumb and dumb Ppl deserve wat dey get wen dey are ripped off.. How can U b told u are d lucky winner of an iPhone wen U didn't participate in any competition nd U believed it? Its not a new format.. Its actually one of d oldest internet scams online

(1) (Reply)

xup / A Cry For Help Pls / Sell Us Your Scrap Accident Or Parked Unused Vehicles In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.