Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

2019: Obasanjo Denies Saying That Nigeria Will Collapse If Buhari Is Reelected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Obasanjo Denies Saying That Nigeria Will Collapse If Buhari Is Reelected (530 Views)

Akpabio writes National Assembly, denies saying lawmakers got NDDC contracts / I Did Not Say Re-electing Buhari In 2019 Will Collapse Nigeria - Obasanjo Denies / 2019 Elections; Nigeria Will Collapse If North/buhari Continue Ruling - ACF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Obasanjo Denies Saying That Nigeria Will Collapse If Buhari Is Reelected by Upritman(m): 4:50pm On Mar 18, 2018
Nigeria’s former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has denied an insinuation going round that He said Nigeria will collapse President Buhari is reelected in 2019.

The denial and clarification are coming after rumours that Obasanjo made the comment in a speech at the Blavatnik School of Government, Oxford University, on Friday.
The former President insisted that he had not even been to London since early January when he spoke on transformational leadership in Africa at Oxford University.
According to Him, Nigeria has become too solid as a country for any force, calamity or misgovernance to destroy it.

Speaking after a meeting of the InterAction Council of Former Heads of State and Government, holding in Azerbaijan, Obasanjo said:
“I won’t and can’t say that (that Nigeria will collapse if Buhari is reelected),” the former president said. “There will be nothing that will make Nigeria collapse. When Nigeria did not collapse under a civil war, it won’t collapse now.
“My faith and conviction about Nigeria is so strong that I don’t see the country either being dismembered or collapsing.
“The worst has passed on Nigeria. Once we were able to survive the civil war, once we are able to survive (Sani) Abacha, nothing can be worst than those two. And our democracy is waxing strong. Although there are a few things we need to get right.
“As far I am concerned, the worst is over. What remains is for all of us and for our leadership to show good faith and commitment to do what is right. Then Nigeria will grow from strength to strength.”

Speaking further on his recent criticisms against the Buhari administration, Obasanjo said:
“I regard those as aberrations and they will pass away. Such aberrations will pass away with the regime that brings them.
“Don’t forget that Abacha did more than that. Of course Abacha’s regime was not a democracy, it was a military dictatorship. If we survived that, then we will survive any shenanigan against democracy. That’s the greatest advantage of democracy.”

(c) http://www.suanusblog.com/2018/03/2019-obasanjo-denies-saying-that.html

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Denies Saying That Nigeria Will Collapse If Buhari Is Reelected by ameri9ja: 4:53pm On Mar 18, 2018
The legendary OBJ
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Denies Saying That Nigeria Will Collapse If Buhari Is Reelected by Africonji: 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2018
Obasamjo the two-faced afonja betrayal.

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Denies Saying That Nigeria Will Collapse If Buhari Is Reelected by Hofbrauhaus(m): 4:59pm On Mar 18, 2018
The fear of SaiBaba is the beginning of wisdom for you AFaoanJAS
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Denies Saying That Nigeria Will Collapse If Buhari Is Reelected by kanubiafra: 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2018
ANOTHER IBB CASE LOADING
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Denies Saying That Nigeria Will Collapse If Buhari Is Reelected by docadams: 5:47pm On Mar 18, 2018
Hmmmmmmm

Between 12p.m yrsterday and 6 a.m this morning, a great force must have blown across Nigerian considering this gale of confessions, accusations and denials upadawn. Father let no evil intention against PMB and Naija not prosper. Whoever that persists in such deeds may he be stung in the scrotum by a thousand Afghan fleas
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Denies Saying That Nigeria Will Collapse If Buhari Is Reelected by Noneroone(m): 5:49pm On Mar 18, 2018
I thought he is planning third force abi na markforce
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Denies Saying That Nigeria Will Collapse If Buhari Is Reelected by docadams: 6:04pm On Mar 18, 2018
Why is this thread so dry. Haba! Abi people don't know that it is Obasamjo that is talking?
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Denies Saying That Nigeria Will Collapse If Buhari Is Reelected by docadams: 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2018
Noneroone:
I thought he is planning third force abi na markforce

I can safely say Obasamjo is a coward.

(1) (Reply)

Who Would You Say Is The Best Nigeria's President? / SPECIAL REPORT: Four Years After Award Of Contract, Osogbo-gbongan Road Remains / When Was The Last Presidential Media Chat #lazynigerianyouths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.