Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

66-year-old Grandmother Commits Suicide In Anambra - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 66-year-old Grandmother Commits Suicide In Anambra (528 Views)

Police Parade Farm Labourer Who Raped 80-year-old Grandmother To Death In Ondo / 66-Year-Old Man Who Rapes Minors In Yobe, Arrested / 18-Year-Old Man Rapes His 70-Year-Old Grandmother In Plateau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

66-year-old Grandmother Commits Suicide In Anambra by ceoreportnaija: 11:22pm On Mar 18, 2018

A 66 year old grandmother has committed suicide in Mgbakwu, Awka North Local Government Area of Anambra State. The deceased simply identified as Uzoaku, was found hanging from a room in her bedroom yesterday March 17th.

The woman was said to have been cooking in her kitchen when she left her food and went into her kitchen to hang herself.

Residents of the community say the deceased had for many months complained about the inability of her two children, both graduates, to secure good jobs.

Younger brother of Uzoaku, Frederick Nwenu, however said she had no reason to kill herself. According to him

“My sister had no reason to do this, having trained her two children to university level. She has two children who are university graduates. The daughter is happily married with kids. So, she has no reason whatsoever to commit suicide.”

A neighbor of the deceased, Isaac Umeh, who spoke on the sad incident said

””Nobody was around except her. The food she was cooking was still on fire when she suddenly abandoned it and rushed into the room where she used a rope to hang herself on a window protector. The whole thing is still a shock to us because nobody believed a woman of her age with grandchildren can take her own life that way.”

Meanwhile the corpse of the deceased has been deposited in the state morgue.

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/03/18/66-year-old-grandmother-commits-suicide-in-anambra/
Re: 66-year-old Grandmother Commits Suicide In Anambra by ifyan(m): 1:34am On Mar 19, 2018
My God what have we done to deserve this punishment.

Deliver us your children, enough is enough Father Lord.

I don't see any reason why somebody will commit suicide though there are some rare case if its medically approved.

This case should be investigated.

My humble opinion
Re: 66-year-old Grandmother Commits Suicide In Anambra by mumureloaded(m): 1:52am On Mar 19, 2018
suicide at 66? I think this case should be further investigate. I'm not saying it's not a suicide but I think something is fishy

1 Like

Re: 66-year-old Grandmother Commits Suicide In Anambra by Georgeboy: 10:30am On Mar 19, 2018
Anyone who believes this must be a fool or dumb. this is done by evil people or someone trust me.
Re: 66-year-old Grandmother Commits Suicide In Anambra by Georgeboy: 10:32am On Mar 19, 2018
They killed her and pretended to by suicide wicked people.
Re: 66-year-old Grandmother Commits Suicide In Anambra by Mutemenot(m): 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2018
Murdered !!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Officers Beating Up A Keke Driver -video / Man Strips Unclad In Other To Fight SARS Official in Benin (photos) / One-legged Thief Caught Red Handed While Carrying Out A Robbery Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.