Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

18 Die In Lagos/ibadan Expressway Accident - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 18 Die In Lagos/ibadan Expressway Accident (420 Views)

18 Die In Motor Accident In Jigawa (Graphic Photos) / Five Dead, Nine Critically Injured On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Accident / Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 Die In Lagos/ibadan Expressway Accident by 8Ebisco: 7:17am On Mar 19, 2018
No fewer than 18 persons were feared dead in an accident involving a Ford Explorer jeep and a Mazda bus at Alapako area on Lagos/Ibadan Expressway on Sunday.

Mr Babatunde Akinbiyi, the Public Relations Officer, Ogun Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Agency (TRACE) confirmed the incident to newsmen on Sunday.

Akinbiyi stated that the accident happened around 6:30 pm at the diversion end in Alapako on the Lagos /Ibadan Expressway.

He explained that the accident was caused by wrongful overtaking on the part of the Mazda bus, which led to a head on collision with the Jeep.

“The accident involved 19 people, 18 people died while one person was seriously injured.

”The Commercial Bus with registration number GGE 873 XU was trying to overtake a vehicle in front before colliding with the Ford Explorer Jeep with registration number KJA 278 DS coming from the opposite direction.

“All the 18 passengers in the bus died while the driver in the Jeep , the only occupant, sustained injury.

”Seven of the dead passengers were evacuated by our officers and their remains deposited at FOS Mortuary, Ipara-Remo, while the remains of another three, who were initially injured but died later, were deposited at Isara General Hospital,” he said.

The TRACE spokesman said that the bodies of the remaining eight passengers were evacuated by the officials of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) and could not confirm where they were taken to.

He said that the accidented vehicles had been taken to Alapako Police Station.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/03/18-die-in-lagosibadan-expressway.html

Re: 18 Die In Lagos/ibadan Expressway Accident by python1: 7:19am On Mar 19, 2018
Quite unfortunate. Some accidents don't just happen, they are caused.

May the souls of the departed find peace.
Re: 18 Die In Lagos/ibadan Expressway Accident by izzou(m): 7:23am On Mar 19, 2018
Our response to emergencies in this country is absolutely poor

That is why I don't overspeed. Apart from the fact that I might lose my life and cause the death of others, my second reason is that if I survive, no emergency unit may come quickly to my rescue

May God comfort their families
Re: 18 Die In Lagos/ibadan Expressway Accident by Florblu(f): 7:25am On Mar 19, 2018
Damn!
The reckless driver should have die alone
Re: 18 Die In Lagos/ibadan Expressway Accident by DynasTee: 7:25am On Mar 19, 2018
RIP
Re: 18 Die In Lagos/ibadan Expressway Accident by Liliyann(f): 7:43am On Mar 19, 2018
Blood of Jesus!!
Father protect your children, sudden death will not be our portion IJN
Holy spirit console and comfort the family,give them the fortitude to bear the loss.
RIP to them all,
May you all be worthy in his sight
Re: 18 Die In Lagos/ibadan Expressway Accident by Homeboiy: 7:45am On Mar 19, 2018
La na ndiokwa

(1) (Reply)

Planes For New National Carrier Arrive December / Lady Travels From Abuja To “lagos” See What Happened (photos) / See The State Of Work At Itakpe-warri Rail Line (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.