Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,016 members, 7,835,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Please Help! What's Wrong With My Birds - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Help! What's Wrong With My Birds (515 Views)

Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing / Help !!! My Birds Are Dying / Lost All My Birds..help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! What's Wrong With My Birds by kay29000(m): 2:17pm On Mar 19, 2018
I have seven layers that have been laying for about 6 months now. I raised them from chics and they have never been sick, but last week Friday, I noticed one of them just standing in one spot. At first, I thought it was about to lay, but when I came back after a few hours, it was still in the same position. And then I noticed another standing like that too, with its eyes closed. It was too late to go to the vet, so I waited till the next day. The next day, they had all started making funny noises with their mouth. It is hard to describe, but kind of of like the noise you make when you gaggle water in your mouth... that is the closest description I can think of, and the sound originates from their throat.

On Saturday, the vet lady I use here said it was CDR, and gave me one CDR drug that cost 1,650. I didn't even know drugs are now that expensive. Anyway, I have been giving them the drugs since Saturday, and there is no improvement. Has anyone experience something like this before?

By the way, I bought 10 point of lay birds from someone on this thread two weeks ago... I am guessing the birds came with the disease.
Re: Please Help! What's Wrong With My Birds by adisabarber(m): 3:07pm On Mar 19, 2018
Crd does not go easily. Good thing is it might not kill your birds. Bad thing is it will affect their laying. Keep treating them but don't eat their eggs while treating them

1 Like

Re: Please Help! What's Wrong With My Birds by kay29000(m): 3:26pm On Mar 19, 2018
adisabarber:
Crd does not go easily. Good thing is it might not kill your birds. Bad thing is it will affect their laying. Keep treating them but don't eat their eggs while treating them

Okay. Thanks a lot.
Re: Please Help! What's Wrong With My Birds by PoliticalThuG(m): 4:06pm On Mar 19, 2018
Them Don Carry Hiv
Re: Please Help! What's Wrong With My Birds by Scholastica010(f): 2:07am On Mar 20, 2018
Is their pen open to cold or smoke? Also, what is the active ingredient of the drug you are currently administering on them?

(1) (Reply)

The Secret In Pre-treating Seeds / Farmcrowdy Secures 7,500 Acres Of Farmland To Boost Its Operations / Any 2/3 Weeks Broiler For Sale In Abk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.