Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Why Igbos Should Be Happy And Not Bothered About Lagos Land Use Charge. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Should Be Happy And Not Bothered About Lagos Land Use Charge. (744 Views)

Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition / 2019: Why I’m Not Bothered About Defections – Buhari / I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Igbos Should Be Happy And Not Bothered About Lagos Land Use Charge. by iamhorny(m): 8:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
If they like, they should increase the land use charge by 10000000%, it is the lazy and unenterprising Afonja that will suffer it...at the end, igbos will become the real owners of Lagos in asset while yorubas will be found in the slums and poor area with low standard of living..

All the landlord will do is to increase rent, then business owners who have rented shops in a bid to break even and also be able to pay for his rent will transfer it to his customers ..

I personally like it, it will reduce or stop the migration of Yoruba's from their local states to Lagos, thereby leaving Lagos in the hands of the Igbo majority...hence with financial and numerical strength, we can direct the affairs of Lagos....
One thing I know, igbos strive better with challenges...we love challenges and are never afraid... By the time high rent and cost of living drive most of them out of main lagos to the slump and nearby states, leaving the main Lagos to the igbos numerically, then we will begin to produce our local gkvernment chairman in all Igbo dominated areas of Lagos, leading to producing house of rep member , leading to Igbo governor of Lagos....it will happen, in the nearest future... When they think they are hurting us,they dont think of the long term consequence. It will turn back to hunt them.

Mark my word: the so called real owners of lagos will be the biggest losers because the economy of Lagos is not in their hands. The same way Eko Atlantic will be over ran by igbos and expertriates when completed.

While Lagos state will be declaring fat IGR, the real owners of Lagos will be at the lower economic cadre while the middle men(Igbo) will be at the upper economic class..its just simple...

Seriously, Yoruba's need to start becoming enterprising if they hope to compete with the Igbo or to remain in control. The same way the Jews control Newyork with their financial strength and direct policies of government by creating powerful lobby groups within government coners, is the same natural way it will happen in lagos with the igbos.

All I know is which ever way it swings, the igbos can never loose..we shall control lagos economy which we will use as a platform to capture Ogun and other southwestern state, while our economy in the east remains firmly in our hands and control....No Shaking.

Finally,I believe God is using Lagos to compensate us for the evil of abandoned property and 20pounds policies of Awolowo and sadly the yorubas can't do anything.
Lagos will eventually be the inhertance of the igbos.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Should Be Happy And Not Bothered About Lagos Land Use Charge. by wakaman: 8:04pm On Mar 19, 2018
Yanmiri,
Why are you so obsessed with Lagos?
What is it with claiming Lagos?
Haven't you learnt anything?
What has happened before would happen again. Push for biafra, you mentioned being given 20 pounds earlier, believe me this time around, you shall leave for biafra with a "polybag"

Yanmiri youth get that.
biafra beckons!

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Should Be Happy And Not Bothered About Lagos Land Use Charge. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 19, 2018
I'm tired of fighting unnecessary e-wars here. why won't you guys stop creating meaningless thread thereby making afonjo feel so important funny enough when the fight starts you won't be here to defend igbos.
Re: Why Igbos Should Be Happy And Not Bothered About Lagos Land Use Charge. by Atouke: 8:09pm On Mar 19, 2018
OP not igbo, just trying to cause social media war.
You guys should stop all this nonsense.
Re: Why Igbos Should Be Happy And Not Bothered About Lagos Land Use Charge. by highqueen(f): 8:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
undecided

una no deh tire??
Re: Why Igbos Should Be Happy And Not Bothered About Lagos Land Use Charge. by deomelo: 8:27pm On Mar 19, 2018
One thing i love about Igbos is their silly comedic ablity to make me laugh...

grin
Re: Why Igbos Should Be Happy And Not Bothered About Lagos Land Use Charge. by CrtlAltDel: 10:17pm On Mar 19, 2018
iamhorny:
[s]If they like, they should increase the land use charge by 10000000%, it is the lazy and unenterprising Afonja that will suffer it...at the end, igbos will become the real owners of Lagos in asset while yorubas will be found in the slums and poor area with low standard of living..

All the landlord will do is to increase rent, then business owners who have rented shops in a bid to break even and also be able to pay for his rent will transfer it to his customers ..

I personally like it, it will reduce or stop the migration of Yoruba's from their local states to Lagos, thereby leaving Lagos in the hands of the Igbo majority...hence with financial and numerical strength, we can direct the affairs of Lagos....
One thing I know, igbos strive better with challenges...we love challenges and are never afraid... By the time high rent and cost of living drive most of them out of main lagos to the slump and nearby states, leaving the main Lagos to the igbos numerically, then we will begin to produce our local gkvernment chairman in all Igbo dominated areas of Lagos, leading to producing house of rep member , leading to Igbo governor of Lagos....it will happen, in the nearest future... When they think they are hurting us,they dont think of the long term consequence. It will turn back to hunt them.

Mark my word: the so called real owners of lagos will be the biggest losers because the economy of Lagos is not in their hands. The same way Eko Atlantic will be over ran by igbos and expertriates when completed.

While Lagos state will be declaring fat IGR, the real owners of Lagos will be at the lower economic cadre while the middle men(Igbo) will be at the upper economic class..its just simple...

Seriously, Yoruba's need to start becoming enterprising if they hope to compete with the Igbo or to remain in control. The same way the Jews control Newyork with their financial strength and direct policies of government by creating powerful lobby groups within government coners, is the same natural way it will happen in lagos with the igbos.

All I know is which ever way it swings, the igbos can never loose..we shall control lagos economy which we will use as a platform to capture Ogun and other southwestern state, while our economy in the east remains firmly in our hands and control....No Shaking.

Finally,I believe God is using Lagos to compensate us for the evil of abandoned property and 20pounds policies of Awolowo and sadly the yorubas can't do anything.
Lagos will eventually be the inhertance of the igbos.[/s]
Wawa Yanmiri again grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

, / See Naij Twitter Poll Even Though Most Northerners Are Not Online / PDP Attacks Presidency For Allegedly Insulting Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.