Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" (19647 Views)

Wizkid Pays $400 To Young Suya Seller For Suya Worth Less Than $20 / James Brown To Bobrisky: Stop Lying About Spending ₦75m On Hair & Makeup / Stella Dimokokorkus Blasts Linda Ikeji, Says She's Lying To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by LesbianBoy(m): 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2018
dominique:
Could she be indirectly shading man certain TM who is always yapping about girl power and why every lady should work for her money yada yada yada but it's a man funding her lifestyle? A good number of nollywood actresses also fits the description

Onyii alex, ebube nwagbo, Ruth kadiri etc lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by Obierika(m): 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2018
I hope Toke Makinwa is listening

1 Like

Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by olisaEze(m): 1:44pm On Mar 20, 2018
ogtavia:
was this meant as a direct shade on Linda Ikeji..??

Vimbai became known because of big brother nothing else. Linda ikeji on d other hand should be a full course study in business school. Eh! Our own Linda? No try am o! Vimbai don baff!?

2 Likes

Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by ModsWillKillNL: 1:53pm On Mar 20, 2018
chuckdee4:
Interesting how she is Zimbabwean but speaks using 'Naira'

True words however

I spotted that too.

I was quite amazed.
Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by ogtavia(m): 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
olisaEze:

Vimbai became known because of big brother nothing else. Linda ikeji on d other hand should be a full course study in business school. Eh! Our own Linda? No try am o! Vimbai don baff!?
tell me five exceptional lessons you learnt from Linda ikeji success story..
Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by shallysgirl: 2:39pm On Mar 20, 2018
So this girl has come to settle here in Nigeria on top of our head. But in her country Zim, to get ordinary visa or work permit is war.
Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by DIKEnaWAR: 2:52pm On Mar 20, 2018
LesbianBoy:

Daniella okeke. That one wee be shouting "God over everything"......."My case is different" deceiving her gullible followers not knowing apostle releases his hot sperm on her big ass after having sex with her grin grin grin

Thank you for reminding me.

Kai! Hot sperm on big ass? I wouldn't mind that with that Danielle. Apostle the fraud is really enjoying.
Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by thunderbabs: 2:56pm On Mar 20, 2018
This yabbing is for Aunty Toke Makinwa grin

I jus dey relate ni oo....

1 Like

Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by iamrammy(m): 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
She might be right but it doesn't undermine the fact that Some Ladies actually work hard for their money!
Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by Osirawboy: 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
chuckdee4:

True words however

That's because she works and lives in Nigeria
Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by chuckdee4(m): 4:28pm On Mar 20, 2018
Osirawboy:

That's because she works and lives in Nigeria

Didn't realise that, never heard of her before though

Thanks for clarifying
Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by LaudableXX: 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2018
chuckdee4:

True words however

She has lived in Nigeria for a while. undecided But she talks too much. She is a motor mouth, always rattling on and never letting others get a word in. You need to see her, whenever she is acting as a compere in an event, in Nigeria. She just prattles on and on, without a break! Jeez! shocked
Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by nonye6194: 6:15pm On Mar 20, 2018
ogtavia:
was this meant as a direct shade on Linda Ikeji..??

you mean the sister, Laura because babe has replied subtly too cheesy
Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by femi4: 6:25am On Mar 21, 2018
chuckdee4:

True words however
She practically lives and work here
Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by femi4: 6:28am On Mar 21, 2018
chuckdee4:

Didn't realise that, never heard of her before though

Thanks for clarifying
Go n get dstv
Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by olisaEze(m): 10:03am On Mar 21, 2018
ogtavia:
tell me five exceptional lessons you learnt from Linda ikeji success story..

1. You don't need 2suck up 2anyone to actualize your dreams.
2. U can attain your goals with what you have in your hands. Its not about where you're from, but where you're standing at.
3. U don't need 2dabble in e-fraud/crime/oloshoism 2become rich in Nigeria. Yes there are so many untapped legit ways on and offline!
4. Never give up even when the odds seem stacked against you.
5. Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional. U are today what your choices were yesterday.

Jara aka PS; Problems have never destroyed any great man or woman. Indeed the same adversity that causes some to breakdown, causes others to break records. You can't change the problem but you can change your person. Rather than wallow in self pity, look for a way to turn that weakness to a stepping stone. Accept the past, manage the present, and work towards the future.

That is what the success story of that exceptional lady has taught me and is teaching our young girls.

Now what 5things has Vimbai's life story taught you?
Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by ogtavia(m): 11:22am On Mar 21, 2018
olisaEze:

2. U can attain your goals with what you have in your hands. Its not about where you're from, but where you're standing at.
3. U don't need 2dabble in e-fraud/crime/oloshoism 2become rich in Nigeria. Yes there are so many untapped legit ways on and offline!
5. Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional. U are today what your choices were yesterday.

Jara aka PS; Problems have never destroyed any great man or woman. Indeed the same adversity that causes some to breakdown, causes others to break records. You can't change the problem but you can change your person. Rather than wallow in self pity, look for a way to turn that weakness to a stepping stone. Accept the past, manage the present, and work towards the future.

That is what the success story of that exceptional lady has taught me and is teaching our young girls.

I will admit that your points are well put - together albeit some repetitions here and there. You must also understand that I have no bias towards her. I don't expect her to truly come out and share her success secrets. I want to assume that's what Vimbai was saying. In our world of today especially Nigeria, a lot goes on behind the scene that raises a lot of questions on people's claim of success.

1 Like

Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by LaudableXX: 2:31pm On Mar 21, 2018
olisaEze:

The full story of how Linda Ikeji actually made enough money to acquire a 500 million house in Banana Island in Ikoyi, Lagos has not been fully told. There are still a number of grey areas. Did her fortune come entirely from blogging like she claims, or were there other deals she made in order to get the extra cash? no one really knows except Linda, and the lady ain't spilling the beans. cheesy

Wrong! Linda made most of her money blogging for political parties, while selling gossip and news about celebrities online. She sucked up to campaign managers and celebrities.

Right. She used her blogging skills to craft content online, which saw her getting a wide readership and making money from online traffic.

Hmmn! This one get as e be. sad Since you and I are not privy to Linda Ikeji's personal life, there is no way you can categorically say she did not receive financial help from a male companion, in her life. However, we have not heard that she dabbled into e-fraud. So she is cleared on that score, I guess. Anyway, you are right on one thing - there are many legit ways to make money in this country, without getting involved in crime!

Maybe. But there are times you need to take stock of your current endeavour and decide if you should continue throwing good money after bad, or change your line of business. Sometimes, all you need to do is put in a little more effort. At other times, you may actually need to throw in the towel, and start afresh, in order to achieve success.

True. Pain and suffering are facts of life, but make sure you are not the architect of your own pain & suffering. You cannot keep doing things that hurt yourself, and keep expecting a different result.
Re: Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" by LaudableXX: 3:01pm On Mar 21, 2018
olisaEze:

Before you can vouch for somebody, make sure you know that person very well, inside out. undecided Not just because of what he or she told you, but by virtue of the fact that you are an eye witness to their struggles, challenges, difficulties and triumphs. Linda Ikeji plays her cards very close to her chest, and only tells people what they want to hear about her. sad Nobody can really say if everything she says is the whole truth, or just different shades of it.

For those who don't already know or haven't been to the place before, Banana Island is one of the most expensive places to own a home in Lagos and homes there are the most expensive in Lagos and probably in Nigeria. It's a place where multi-billionaires normally go to after they've achieved that status.

Some Nigerians said that Linda Ikeji didn't make a full payment, while some said that she is just marketing the house for sale. Some said that she had other businesses besides blogging, while some said she probably received a lot of money from politician during the recently ended 2015 General elections.

As at today, there is no official statement from Linda Ikeji on her famous blog, where millions of Nigerians normally visit. Some say it might actually be a rumour or popularity prank.

Based on estimations given by some bloggers in the industry, it was estimated that she makes at least N1 to N3 million monthly..... For many who know Linda Ikeji's history in blogging, she came into the scene about 5 years ago and worked on it a bit before she started making the big bucks. The more visitors her website got, the more money she made from advertising. But for someone to have made over N500m to buy a house on Banana Island after 5 years of blogging, shouldn't that person be making at least a N100m a year? I'm just asking. http://www.multidox.org/blog/10/post/87.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

"I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz / I Wasn’t Surprised When I Saw Acid Threat Post On Cee-c - Alex / Ubi Franklin And His Son, Jayden In Agbada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.