Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out (749 Views)

Fiction: How My Wicked Uncle Tried To Kill Me / I Was Paid To Kill Myself By Tobi Olusa / The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out by EgbechoFaith(f): 6:22pm On Mar 20, 2018
If everything is ever OK, then that is the death of us.
Life is not Warm. It’s either Hot or Cold but Cold still hurts.

‘I’m going to kill myself today. I’m going to run away from life. I must die. I must die. Today. Now!’

She removed her legs from the break and increased the car speed. On a busy road!

‘Wetin this one dey drive?’ ‘Na woman dey drive like this. Chai women’ ‘That woman is mad’ ‘Is she a learner? She would have used the L sign na’ jeered other humans driving along.

Of course she was a learner, learning how to die. Certainly, she really was a learner. I tell you, she was dodging other cars, she would have just ran straight and died for once instead of trying not to jump on other cars.

She stopped!
Her head slowly slept on the steering. She was weeping again but she was prepared for it before leaving home. Then, why the tears?

She was a soft, sober, pained, kind and selfish woman who should have thought of dying alone instead of crashing on others. ‘The bridge should be better’ she thought. ‘I will simply jump over and that’s all for me’

The car moved again, heading to waters that give life but will take hers that day. She was a human, a super animal that uses two eyes to see and she saw something.

STOP AND PRAY

By the left, it was written boldly on a big white board. STOP AND PRAY
She rushed into the compound almost hitting the gate that was wide enough for two. She wasn’t seeing again.
‘I might just pray till evening. Let me tell God that I’m on my way. Let my soul perish slowly at night’

The car paused forcefully and she slowly moved out. Drunk to the finish. She staggered, she quivered and shivered. It wasn’t liquor that made her drunk. She was drunk of herself.

The pictures of her squabbles with him flashed so many times. What do we think could have made a woman so miserable? It’s nothing but Man! The source of strength and responsibility. A woman who can keep a man till the end is the strongest of them all. Her mother was one but for her ego and timid nature towards the business of money, she would have also been.
The memories were so sincere in her eyes. He took over a month trying to convince her to date him. She refused outrightly. He was almost perfect even also perfect for her but that pride and young exuberating thoughts she filled herself with still clouded her brains and made her push him away.

But before she banished him, he had made love to her just once. That fruitful evening. Unable to admit how much of a man he was, she angrily threw stunts at him blaming him for everything. She barked at him almost all the time and painted his personally dark and brown. And when he slipped away, she didn’t know. One day she just realized that he was gone but the memories of one fruitful evening wasn’t gone. It tormented her. He grew so hard on her. She’d call or try to be friendly but he would rebuff her and spend his time else where.
That was a meal served to a woman who wouldn’t pamper the ego of a noble man.

“I heard you are getting married” She said to him with a glass of wine in hand.

“Yes and how is that your business?” He retorted.

“I must admit you are making a mistake!”

He became angry.

“How dare you conclude that I’m making a mistake you chaff of a woman. What do you know about life? Oh I could have waited for you till you forget how to bruise a man? All you know is how to carry yourself and that glass in your hand unable to carry any other person. You are a not so…you can’t even be serene, daring or full of warmth…love like a woman. You are full of thorns!”

The glass fell from her hands! Words!

“Get out of my house”

“But I’m over that”

“Not anymore. My mother already commended my wife. No space for you here anymore?

“Please. I…I….I need you in my life. You are uuuhm….you are everything I need in a man”

“You see how difficult it is for you to admit anything. God! How do I feel your loyalty?.. Leave!”

“I know something about your wife to be!”

“Leave her alone. Out!”

He pushed her out. He left her out there and darkness slept in her eyes. They couldn’t close in slumber.

She fell face down on the alter wailing! Sobbing! Weeping! He is getting married on Saturday and that day was a Wednesday. More tears. Her end was so near.
‘If not him who else? He is just the one for me Lord. I’m sorry. I’m not sure of anything but a man who points out the error in a woman is the real one….full of concern’
She screamed and slapped the edges of the alter. She rolled. She hit herself. Two days to go!

“Looooord pleeeaaase!” That moment, strength diminished, her voice went cold.

“Lord a woman who took my man in the East and left me hurt for the rest of my life shouldn’t come and take my man in the South. Never! Tina doesn’t love him. Why must it be Tina? I know who she is. She is scarlet. A LovePeddler. You know it Lord. I am not a saint but I love him. I care. She doesn’t. She had come again with her serpent seductive smiles. She will never defeat me twice. Lord fight for me. It’s never too late with you Lord. Yours sincerely your Daughter Maureen”

She slept.
Tiredness and weary wrapped her down to a pulp on the alter.

Six minutes pass 6pm. Her eyes opened gently. There were eye aches and headaches. Her arms were heavy, she couldn’t lift them. She only saw what was before her. A child.

A baby girl dressed in neat rags, her palms joined together in prayer. Her knees down unto God.
Her voice twinkled in the peacefulness of the hall, “Lord please don’t let Mummy die. She said she has malaria and will not eat the bread I bought. She vomited again and again. She won’t talk to me now. She won’t laugh and hold me. Lord help Mummy. Kill malaria. Kill malaria. Malaria is my enemy..fight it…”

“Who dies of malaria in 2015?”
Dr. Maureen suddenly found strength from no where. She ran to the weeping child. Duty called during suicide mission…..

Source:
http://egbechofaith.com/may-weather-part-one/
Re: I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out by emeijeh(m): 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2018
Nollywood?
Re: I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out by EgbechoFaith(f): 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2018
“Little girl” She called out. “Where is your mother? What happened? Where is your house?”

The tears in the baby’s eyes were much that they couldn’t let her speak instead she sobbed the more. Dr. Maureen quickly carried her out of the sanctuary to her car and started pampering her for some answers.

“Where is your mother?” She asked her again while cleaning her tears.

“I will show you” the tiny girl managed to say.

Dr. Maureen could tell the hardship. She looked so malnourished. The little girl wanted to come down from the car and walk but Maureen drew her closer and showed her the window so that she could point where her mother was.

The car moved slowly out of the church premises, to the road. Just two streets away, the little girl pointed another mouldy road by the left that finally led them to her place. A compound full of wooden houses.

The dark woman was almost going totally cold when Maureen rushed in with the girl. She screamed a little and two men ran in. Together they laid the woman in her car.

Her prayers as usual were always for others. Lives were priceless to her even if she didn’t value hers’ a while ago. ‘How can she die of malaria. That’s so cheap. Lord have mercy’

She worked as one of the routine doctors in the state university so getting the woman treated would be easier. When she finally arrived, other staff aided her and in no time the woman was fixed in a patient way. She left her to the care of the nurses on duty and went home with the child.
Little girl couldn’t forget her mother. She kept asking ‘What about my mummy? Can I stay with her? Can she talk to me tomorrow?’

“Yes she will. Let’s get some rest and buy her plenty things that she will use tomorrow” Maureen answered and rubbed the child’s unkept hair.

‘Poor ones. Malnutrition was really the curse. Her immune system was so low to even fight malaria a little. Lord have mercy!’

Soon, the child fell asleep after eating everything she bought for her. Maureen really laughed at the way she ate everything so fast. She was overjoyed to have had a companion. Then she remembered her own self. She laughed, she greased her palms with sweat and wept a little, she slapped herself. ‘Stupid fool. I wanted death when there are lots of lives out there for me to save. While I was selfishly crying for my own self. It was you Lord that reminded me of my purpose in life. I’m sorry to have disappointed you Lord. Deeply sorry’ she knelt down and gave thanks.

She woke up so early the next day, turning and rolling waiting for the little girl to make a noise from the visitor’s room. At 6am, she couldn’t bear it anymore so she ran to the room but the child wasn’t there. “What? I should have heard the door if she ever ran away” she was almost in tears. Little pretty girl whom she wished was hers. She wished pretty babies were already made like her exorbitant handbags. “I forgot to ask her name?”

As she was about to rush out of the room, she collided with the girl.
“Where are you coming from?”
Without words, the girl showed her the broom she went to fetch from the store. Maureen emotionally embraced all of her.
“Hah. You are wonderful. How did you get there this early and I didn’t hear you?”

“I saw where you took the broom from yesterday. I want to sweep your house aunty. I can sweep.”

Maureen laughed, “seriously? I know you can. Good girl. What’s your name now?”

“Ijeoma!”

“OK Ijeoma. Good.”

“My mummy’s name is Chika”

“Chika. Fine. I am Aunty Maureen. Don’t sweep the house OK? So that we can have enough time to prepare for the hospital.”

First, she called her colleagues to make sure the woman was handled properly.
Later, she washed the little girl and combed her hair into better curls after filling them with black gel. Her gown were really rags so she dropped by different stores and bought her new dresses and a lot of important items before they left for the hospital. She could tell the girl was having fun.
Ijeoma was still eager to see her mother.

Chika wasn’t doing very fine when they got there. She could only touch her daughter and say few words that got Maureen sober. She begged her not to speak further but to get better for her child. The little girl caressed her mother’s fingers all day till they left at night.

Dr. Maureen was enjoying Ijeoma’s great company. The child of another woman. She shook her head many times in her moments of quietness and pain.

“Tomorrow is my wedding!” She told Chika as they arrived at the hospital on Friday.
“Don’t say it again. Hei! Thank God o. You are blessed already. Thank you Dr. Maur Maur!” Everyone laughed. The woman really had her own sense of humour.

Ijeoma was so excited that her mother was going to live with her in Dr. Maureen’s house. She was already telling her mother how big the house was and how food was never a problem. Chika felt very poignant that she might be bothering the soon-to-be-wife of another man but Dr. Maureen begged them not to worry.

She led them gently to her car outside.
Suddenly, a male voice called out, “Aunty Chika! Aunty Chika!”

The three turned quickly. It was him. Her husband who was about to marry a snake. Maureen watered her lips and held unto the child as if she was her own.

Mike embraced Chika who rejected him jokingly, “Don’t hug me. Don’t hug me. You and your mother and everybody rejected me. Tell your mother who is also my sister thank you. I am alive”

“Aunty Chika it’s not like that. You know you are at fault too. You don’t ever listen to Mum that is why everyone behaved like that. Where have you been for six years?”

“Question man. I went to my husband’s people na but no way… Nothing. Please leave me let me go and rest with my New friend. I was sick. I almost died o!”

“New Friend. Maureen?”

“You know her? Good lady Maureen.”

“Yes. She..”

“She is very good. Very very good. I heard from your elder sister that you are getting married tomorrow. Chei! It’s too late. You for marry my doctor friend. She is good but her own wedding is also tomorrow.’ She sneezed.
Mike’s gaze on Maureen tensed.

Aunty Chika continued,
“Don’t worry. I will attend her own wedding. Tell my sister that you didn’t see me. Nonsense people.”

She giggled and turned back on him with Maureen, “That’s my sister’s son Mike. You two know each other. What a small earth”

Chika was such a loud, jovial and outspoken figure. She winced at her nephew Mike as Maureen drove off.

“My nephew is still watching us drive away. That’s how God will shock all our enemies oh. In this world, the good ones are few that is how my sisters refused to send me money again because I followed a man. Ask them o. Who should I follow?”

Maureen laughed with her and signalled her that her child was in the car but she didn’t still mind. It seemed her little daughter was used to her words. She kept talking about issues upon issues till they arrived. Her lecture made the journey faster.

“What a small earth! Small earth! Big house.”

She kept complimenting. Maureen even laughed to a fault. She could still recall Mike’s expression when he heard that she was getting married. ‘Such a big lie’

Once she settled Chika to a chair, Chika’s mouth opened again asking her questions about her wedding and why the big house was too quiet for a bride.

Maureen hesitated a little but told her the story of her regrets after they have had dinner and Ijeoma was fast asleep.
“How pitiful” Chika commented. Tears trickled down her cheeks, Maureen noticed that she easily cried as much as she laughed. She begged her to stop crying but she wouldn’t.

“No. I am a disobedient person. Let God punish me not you. Your mistake is better than my own. No. My brother should be your husband. He can’t marry a witch. No. I no gree. Loooord. Lord of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!”

The whole crying thing was already turning into a drama that Maureen almost laughed. Just when she was about to openly laugh at Chika and her funny elegy,
Ijeoma screamed from the bedroom. They took a race!

More:
http://egbechofaith.com/may-weather-part-three/
Re: I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out by EgbechoFaith(f): 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2018
emeijeh:
Nollywood?
yes Nollystories
Re: I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out by SamgoldBaba: 6:56pm On Mar 20, 2018
wow...u're such a good writer
Re: I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out by EgbechoFaith(f): 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2018
SamgoldBaba:
wow...u're such a good writer
faints* I haven't got a compliment before
Re: I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out by SamgoldBaba: 7:33pm On Mar 20, 2018
EgbechoFaith:
EgbechoFaith:
u must be joking
Re: I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out by EgbechoFaith(f): 8:10pm On Mar 20, 2018
SamgoldBaba:

u must be joking
truth o. Faints again *
Re: I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out by Mariangeles(f): 9:04pm On Mar 20, 2018
EgbechoFaith:
truth o. Faints again *
Lol...where is the rest of the story?
Re: I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out by EgbechoFaith(f): 9:10pm On Mar 20, 2018
Mariangeles:
Lol...where is the rest of the story?
they are all there. Check well o
Re: I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out by Mariangeles(f): 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2018
EgbechoFaith:
they are all there. Check well o
Very nice story telling!
I was entertained... Good job!

1 Like

Re: I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out by EgbechoFaith(f): 9:20pm On Mar 20, 2018
Mariangeles:
Very nice story tell .
I was entertained... Good job!
fainting time. Lol
Re: I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out by Mariangeles(f): 9:23pm On Mar 20, 2018
EgbechoFaith:
fainting time. Lol
Don't faint again o!!!
...or you might suffer a concussion
Re: I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out by EgbechoFaith(f): 10:10pm On Mar 20, 2018
Mariangeles:
Don't faint again o!!!
...or you might suffer a concussion
Hohohohoho thanks My Lord.

(1) (Reply)

A Tale Of A Facebook Scammer And ‘her’ Apple Gifts / Freelance Writers Required / I Can't Breath By Olaonipekun Sr 111

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.