Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,644 members, 7,861,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:25 AM

Self Driving Car Faces Difficult Trial After First Death - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Self Driving Car Faces Difficult Trial After First Death (179 Views)

Watch The Moment A Self-driving Car Was Spotted In Lagos / Nigerians Gathered To See A Self Driving Car for the first-time / Uber Halts Self-driving Car Tests After Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Self Driving Car Faces Difficult Trial After First Death by luxurious2018(m): 7:50am On Mar 21, 2018
The death of a woman in the U.S. struck by a self-driving car with no human control, is an event the auto industry has long dreaded and comes at a sensitive time.

The incident happened on monday, shaping up as the first significant test of how policy makers and the public will respond to the new technology.

Before the incident, The Auto companies have been pushing for regulatory clearance to offer self- driving car ride services as soon as next year.

There have been debate as to whether to allow self driving cars or not.

click here to continue reading

https://luxuriouslifestyle.com.ng/2018/03/21/self-driving-car-faces-difficult-test-after-first-death/
Re: Self Driving Car Faces Difficult Trial After First Death by imiski(m): 8:28am On Mar 21, 2018
I personally dont like all these self driving cars, i like to enjoy the feel of the vibration on the steering wheel when i pump the throttle, the feel of overtaking, changing gears (fan of manual trans). No self-driving car can give me that feel.
Re: Self Driving Car Faces Difficult Trial After First Death by luxurious2018(m): 8:39am On Mar 21, 2018
You have a point. You know this robot of a thing driving a car can easily be manipulated and corrupted

(1) (Reply)

Auto Special With Celebrity / Do You Know......... / Call To Clear For Roro And Containerized Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.