Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,021 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Help My Ex-landlady Is After Me - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help My Ex-landlady Is After Me (377 Views)

31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? / Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Ex-landlady Is After Me by curioupoul: 11:14am On Mar 21, 2018
Please, lawyers, security people and legislators in the house, does a landlord has the right to request rent owed from a tenant that h/she has given quit notice and the said tenant has relocated for over a year now, because my former landlady is still disturbing me bout the rent I owed her when I was in her shop, and it is obvious that I still don't have a shop till now, she served me quit notice and I packed out, she is still saying I should come and pay what I owed or else she will use the community youth to come and deal with me. Someone should please tell me what to do.
Re: Help My Ex-landlady Is After Me by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 11:16am On Mar 21, 2018
curioupoul:
Please, lawyers, security people and legislators in the house, does a landlord has the right to request rent owed from a tenant that h/she has given quit notice and the said tenant has relocated for over a year now, because my former landlady is still disturbing me bout the rent I owed her when I was in her shop, and it is obvious that I still don't have a shop till now, she served me quit notice and I packed out, she is still saying I should come and pay what I owed or else she will use the community youth to come and deal with me. Someone should please tell me what to do.
Re: Help My Ex-landlady Is After Me by true2home(m): 2:58pm On Mar 21, 2018
By Law, you owe her and you should do the right thing by simply paying her. YOu admitted that you owe her past rent, so whats the problem in being responsible?

You run a shop right? assuming i bought a dress and was owing you for it. Then i came to you and said that because i no longer wear the dress means i do not owe you anymore. How will you feel

curioupoul:
Re: Help My Ex-landlady Is After Me by curioupoul: 1:25am On Mar 24, 2018
true2home:
By Law, you owe her and you should do the right thing by simply paying her. YOu admitted that you owe her past rent, so whats the problem in being responsible?

You run a shop right? assuming i bought a dress and was owing you for it. Then i came to you and said that because i no longer wear the dress means i do not owe you anymore. How will you feel

U r dress code example does not fit in because I didnt buy the shop, but anyway thanks for your contribution, I thought that after being evicted everything ends there.

(1) (Reply)

Of Course You Want This! / New 4 Bedroom Semi-detached Duplex With BQ CHEVRON Lekki / Shipping Container For Sale In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.