Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Curious About Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Curious About Nigeria (470 Views)

UK: 10 Things You Will Miss About Nigeria When You JAPA / Canada Rush: What Desperate Nigerian Asylum Seekers Are Saying About Nigeria / Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Curious About Nigeria by akuu: 12:56pm On Mar 21, 2018
Hello, I'm an American who is very curious about both Africa and Nigeria!

I think it's really cool that Nigeria has this forum, it's an interesting view into Nigerian life. Nigerian pop music is pretty cool, and I never knew that Nigeria had Uber.

So, are the posters on Nairaland from the Nigerian upper class? I am a 20 year old university student, and forums are mostly popular among young people in the USA - is this true for Nairaland as well, or is the average age older? How did you hear about Nairaland - do you use other social media as well?

Also, please tell me something cool about Nigeria, and/or whatever you think I should know about Nigeria smiley If you have any questions for me I can probably answer as well.

I am posting here on Travel because there is no International board - mods, could you make something like this? I am sure there are many non-Nigerians other than me who want to post here and talk with Nigerians.

Along the same note, I come from a forum called /int/ on 4chan (4chan.org/int). There aren't any Nigerians that post there, although sometimes a Sudanese poster comes along, and we have plenty of Algerians and Moroccans as well. Stop by on /int/ sometime smiley

Anyways, it's very late here in California... goodnight.
Re: Curious About Nigeria by goldenfresh: 1:26pm On Mar 21, 2018
Re: Curious About Nigeria by resurgentxtian4: 2:52pm On Mar 21, 2018
undecided I don’t want to rain on your parade so lemme wait for the other gang members to post their views.
Re: Curious About Nigeria by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 21, 2018
Ok.Make i wait self
Re: Curious About Nigeria by Godson201333(m): 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2018
akuu:
Hello, I'm an American who is very curious about both Africa and Nigeria!

I think it's really cool that Nigeria has this forum, it's an interesting view into Nigerian life. Nigerian pop music is pretty cool, and I never knew that Nigeria had Uber.

So, are the posters on Nairaland from the Nigerian upper class? I am a 20 year old university student, and forums are mostly popular among young people in the USA - is this true for Nairaland as well, or is the average age older? How did you hear about Nairaland - do you use other social media as well?

Also, please tell me something cool about Nigeria, and/or whatever you think I should know about Nigeria smiley If you have any questions for me I can probably answer as well.

I am posting here on Travel because there is no International board - mods, could you make something like this? I am sure there are many non-Nigerians other than me who want to post here and talk with Nigerians.

Along the same note, I come from a forum called /int/ on 4chan (4chan.org/int). There aren't any Nigerians that post there, although sometimes a Sudanese poster comes along, and we have plenty of Algerians and Moroccans as well. Stop by on /int/ sometime smiley

Anyways, it's very late here in California... goodnight.

I do not know exactly what you would like to know.

Nigeria or Africa is not what many people that haven't been there think.Many people think Africa doesn't have Internet bla bla bla.
Just the way it amazes you that Nigeria have Uber.I myself personally have membership with so many forums but i think that would depend on the kind of Topic majorly being discussed on the Forum.
Re: Curious About Nigeria by dru23(m): 6:58pm On Mar 21, 2018
Godson201333:

I do not know exactly what you would like to know.

Nigeria or Africa is not what many people that haven't been there think.Many people think Africa doesn't have Internet bla bla bla.
Just the way it amazes you that Nigeria have Uber.I myself personally have membership with so many forums but i think that would depend on the kind of Topic majorly being discussed on the Forum.

U sure say the guy u dey reply na American ? We have a lot of sick people on the forum. Some, time dey there hand o. If he want find out about Africa or Nigeria make he go look YouTube or national geography o

(1) (Reply)

Taking About Countries Of World / 6 Years Remembrance Of 163 People Who Died In The 2012 Dana Air Flight In Lagos. / Many Nigerians Among 630 Migrants Received In Valencia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.