Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Why Hisbah Didn’t Stop ‘immorality’ At Ganduje Daughter’s Wedding, By Sheikh Da - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Hisbah Didn’t Stop ‘immorality’ At Ganduje Daughter’s Wedding, By Sheikh Da (584 Views)

Why I Didn’t Stop Oba Olaoye From Contesting For Soun Stool — Adeboye / Paul Adefarasin And Wife Pictured With Donald Trump At Daughter's Wedding / Pastor Paul Adefarasin Attends Trump's Daughter's Wedding, Blesses Couple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Hisbah Didn’t Stop ‘immorality’ At Ganduje Daughter’s Wedding, By Sheikh Da by Memories12411: 10:24pm On Mar 21, 2018
The head of Hisbah in Kano State, Aminu Daurawa, has finally revealed why the operatives of the Sharia police did not storm the venue of the wedding events of Fatima Ajimobi, the daughter of the state governor, Abdullahi Ganduje.
In a lavish ceremony and display of wealth, Mr Ganduje gave the hand of his daughter in marriage to Idris Ajimobi, the son of Oyo State governor, Abiola Ajimobi on March 3 in Kano.
The ceremony, which was attended by President Muhammadu Buhari, Senate President, Bukola Saraki, governors and APC national leader, Bola Tinubu, has drawn widespread criticisms for its elaborate nature.
Hisbah, which bans open entertainment, mingling between men and women and use of musical instruments during marriage ceremonies in the state, was severely criticised for allowing Mr Ganduje daughter’s events to hold without disruption.
On March 11, Mr Daurawa speaks on the matter on his Facebook page, listing the places he had been to last week to buttress a point that he was out of town when the governor’s daughter’s events took place.
But Mr Daurawa elaborated on the issue on Friday at Ansarissunah Mosque in Fagge area of Kano, saying he delayed his reaction to the matter in reverence to his teacher’s advice not to speak.
“You put me in dilemma. If I didn’t speak, people will say I tolerated a wrongdoing. What do I do? Should I totaly condemn the issue or keep silence? Which is better?
“If I keep mum, those who have previously heard me rising against evils will question why I am silent. On another hand, my widely respected teacher under whose tutelage I passed, had asked me not to talk.
“I was at crossroads. So I refused to go to Hisbah in order to avoid journalists who laid siege to my office.
“The journalists came looking for me in droves, saying ‘there was display of immorality at the wedding, sins were committed. They danced, sang and shook buttocks. Innalillahi wa inna ilaihirrajiun!
“Some said the Shariah is no more in Kano, and that we should stop asking the common man to avoid sinful acts.
“Somebody even said I refused to say the governor’s daughter had transgressed because of fear losing my job.
“But what is enjoyable in heading the Hisbah? Even yesterday, Christian Association of Nigeria hired over 10 lawyers against me for stopping apostasy in Kano.

“I was in government when I rose against its position, and criticised the establishment of film village. I was even called from the presidency, but I stood my ground. The same thing happened on the issue of marriage age. Previously we, as Ulama, rose against allocating plots for shops at Eid prayer ground but the government ignored us.”

Explaining the reasons why Hisbah did not disrupt Mrs Ajimobi’s events as they often do in the state, Mr Daurawa said Hisbah is just an agency of government, and therefore cannot go against it.

He also said Mrs Ajimobi’s wedding is not new to Kano as more than 100 households nowadays organise similar events during marriage ceremonies.

“We’ve been advising people to stop it but people devise ways of avoiding us. Our men cannot even go to some places as we will encounter soldiers with guns. And Hisbah is not Boko Haram.

“On many occasions I withdrew my men and left the matter to God whenever they met soldiers at the gate.

“How do you expect a Hisbah operative to push away soldier, police, SSS and arrest the governor’s daughter, governor’s wife or anybody else’s wife? Haba!

“How can we start fighting government? We can only offer an advice. But politicians only take advice when election approaches.

“Even if I were in town when the events took place, I will only leave the matter to God. The matter is beyond Hisbah. The law that established Hisbah never vested such power in us,” the Islamic cleric said.
Re: Why Hisbah Didn’t Stop ‘immorality’ At Ganduje Daughter’s Wedding, By Sheikh Da by HigherEd: 11:31pm On Mar 21, 2018
See foolish fool... Can u imagine how this senseless human is reasoning- boasting that he stopped "apostacy". So a person is not permitted to leave Islam for another religion! - this Islam is a threat to human's existence.

Sometimes I wish we can just pack all the Christians in the north to the south while we return all the Muslims in the south to the north and let everyone live according to their values.

1 Like

Re: Why Hisbah Didn’t Stop ‘immorality’ At Ganduje Daughter’s Wedding, By Sheikh Da by CodeTemplar: 11:38pm On Mar 21, 2018
HigherEd:
See foolish fool... Can u imagine how this senseless human is reasoning- boasting that he stopped "apostacy". So a person is not permitted to leave Islam for another religion! - this Islam is a threat to human's existence.

Sometimes I wish we can just pack all the Christians in the north to the south while we return all the Muslims in the south to the north and let everyone live according to their values.
On a closer analysis of Islam, one is bound to see so many similarities between Islam and the occult. People don't realize the goal or role religion is suppose to play. It bridges the gap between the physical and spiritual realm.

1 Like

Re: Why Hisbah Didn’t Stop ‘immorality’ At Ganduje Daughter’s Wedding, By Sheikh Da by CodeTemplar: 11:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
Memories12411:

“Even if I were in town when the events took place, I will only leave the matter to God. The matter is beyond Hisbah. The law that established Hisbah never vested such power in us,” the Islamic cleric said
Why can't they leave the poor and 'unconnect' in the society to 'god' also? These islamist are like body, spirit and soul illiterates

(1) (Reply)

*senator Araraume, Building For God & Humanity* / Proving Christianity To The Unbelieving Soul / Ghana Asks Mosques, Churches To Hush Up, Issue Call To Prayer By Whatsapp Instea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.