Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,455 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Toke(the Girl Child) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Toke(the Girl Child) (13275 Views)

Queen Jennifer Ephraim's Book "Dilemma Of The Nigeria Girl Child" Now On Amazon / The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) (Completed) / The Girl Next Door (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by millennial(f): 10:47am On May 13, 2018
TOKE(the girl child) by Felix the_millennial

Episode 24

Episode 24
All will be well...I sighed as I laid down back on my bed before I finally drift to sleep.
No one knew about the romantic affairs between me and my mother's sugar boy. Even the maids were clueless on the idea that we were actually dating. Dating? Would I really call my relationship with zayn date? I honestly dont know for real I obviously can't think straight. I just felt like whatever I might have together with zayn would showcase itself one day.

"Wakey wakey..wake up sleeping beauty".. I turned around to see a bright zayn smirking hardly towards my bed.
"You are still on bed? C'mon get up we have a lot to catch up on. He concluded leaving me in a confused state of mind. What's he talking about? what again this time?"
"Uhmm....good..morning" I stuttered.
"Good.. morning.." He said clearly imitating me.
I dont know what our relationships looks like now but I can tell its leading to something strong.
"Do you have plans today?" He casually said breaking me free from my thought.
""Errrmmm...nothing really. I might just grab some pizza later in the....."
"Okay since you are not in for anything.... Let's go on a date" he finally put his words together.
"There's this killer restaurant that just opened along the ikeja road. I heard their food is heavenly,let's check it out! What do you think?" He concluded turning his heart stopping smile at me,giving me some puppy pout which brings out more of his dimples which i hardly notice he had and I couldn't help but agree to his decision.

I smiled lightly at his childish behavior. "Okay okay. Let me just get dressed up. I will be done in fifteen minutes" I said sharply getting off my bed to the bathroom.
"I could wait for you here Yunno" he said giving me his playboy smirk.
"You won't get me this time zay! Just get out of my room and let me get ready" I said smiling sheepishly.
He nodded forming an i-would-be-waiting-downstairs look.
I nodded and hurried straight to the bathroom. Whatever zayn Has in store for me today,I practically can't wait. I shrugged taking off my nighty and under wears. This day better be good. I sigh.
The loud ringtone from my fone directed me back to my room. I ran as quickly as I could in other to get to my fone as this was the third time my fone rang. This should be urgent I said under my breath.
I was shocked when the caller ID revealed father's name boldly written on my fone. I was dumb struck. I fidgeted with my brain for a long time. the last I checked I deleted his number. how in the world!
Gra gra gra! this was so loud than before,the ringing broke me out of my thought. I decided to face whatever he has to say.

"let's meet today" his voice sound hoarse.!
"The last I checked,there's a thing called greeting. you cant just order me around." I bluntly said.
"TOKE! we meet at 12:00 at the cafe around igando GRA. you clear? my driver would come over to pick you! dont be late! I repeat dont keep me waiting !" . And with that he ended the call.
"really?" was all I said before Zay opened the door!
"you done?" he said sweetly.
"Arremm...not really.. I ..

gra gra gra.
"who is this again?" i said sharply signaling to zayn to allow me pick the call.
What the Bleep? there was sparkle in my eyes. I totally forgot.
The caller ID revealed Hakeem's name bouncing on my fone screen.
Now do I follow? is it Hakeem,Zayn, or Father.
I slide unto the bed......My life is complicated. I sigh.
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by millennial(f): 10:47am On May 13, 2018
TOKE(the girl child) by Felix the_millennial

Episode 24

Episode 24
All will be well...I sighed as I laid down back on my bed before I finally drift to sleep.
No one knew about the romantic affairs between me and my mother's sugar boy. Even the maids were clueless on the idea that we were actually dating. Dating? Would I really call my relationship with zayn date? I honestly dont know for real I obviously can't think straight. I just felt like whatever I might have together with zayn would showcase itself one day.

"Wakey wakey..wake up sleeping beauty".. I turned around to see a bright zayn smirking hardly towards my bed.
"You are still on bed? C'mon get up we have a lot to catch up on. He concluded leaving me in a confused state of mind. What's he talking about? what again this time?"
"Uhmm....good..morning" I stuttered.
"Good.. morning.." He said clearly imitating me.
I dont know what our relationships looks like now but I can tell its leading to something strong.
"Do you have plans today?" He casually said breaking me free from my thought.
""Errrmmm...nothing really. I might just grab some pizza later in the....."
"Okay since you are not in for anything.... Let's go on a date" he finally put his words together.
"There's this killer restaurant that just opened along the ikeja road. I heard their food is heavenly,let's check it out! What do you think?" He concluded turning his heart stopping smile at me,giving me some puppy pout which brings out more of his dimples which i hardly notice he had and I couldn't help but agree to his decision.

I smiled lightly at his childish behavior. "Okay okay. Let me just get dressed up. I will be done in fifteen minutes" I said sharply getting off my bed to the bathroom.
"I could wait for you here Yunno" he said giving me his playboy smirk.
"You won't get me this time zay! Just get out of my room and let me get ready" I said smiling sheepishly.
He nodded forming an i-would-be-waiting-downstairs look.
I nodded and hurried straight to the bathroom. Whatever zayn Has in store for me today,I practically can't wait. I shrugged taking off my nighty and under wears. This day better be good. I sigh.
The loud ringtone from my fone directed me back to my room. I ran as quickly as I could in other to get to my fone as this was the third time my fone rang. This should be urgent I said under my breath.
I was shocked when the caller ID revealed father's name boldly written on my fone. I was dumb struck. I fidgeted with my brain for a long time. the last I checked I deleted his number. how in the world!
Gra gra gra! this was so loud than before,the ringing broke me out of my thought. I decided to face whatever he has to say.

"let's meet today" his voice sound hoarse.!
"The last I checked,there's a thing called greeting. you cant just order me around." I bluntly said.
"TOKE! we meet at 12:00 at the cafe around igando GRA. you clear? my driver would come over to pick you! dont be late! I repeat dont keep me waiting !" . And with that he ended the call.
"really?" was all I said before Zay opened the door!
"you done?" he said sweetly.
"Arremm...not really.. I ..

gra gra gra.
"who is this again?" i said sharply signaling to zayn to allow me pick the call.
What the Bleep? there was sparkle in my eyes. I totally forgot.
The caller ID revealed Hakeem's name bouncing on my fone screen.
Now do I follow? is it Hakeem,Zayn, or Father.
I slide unto the bed......My life is complicated. I sigh.

*To be continued*
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by skubido(m): 12:22pm On May 13, 2018
Father tinz

tanks a lot for the update.
Happy Sunday to you all
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by queenitee(f): 6:58pm On May 15, 2018
Father o
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by millennial(f): 12:08pm On May 19, 2018
hey guys am so sorry its been long since I last posted on this story...I hope I can make it up to you guys. love you all so much. bless
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by skubido(m): 12:23pm On May 19, 2018
millennial:
hey guys am so sorry its been long since I last posted on this story...I hope I can make it up to you guys. love you all so much. bless

hmmmmmmm
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by millennial(f): 12:28pm On May 19, 2018
TOKE (The girl child) by Felix the_millennial

Episode 25

*Flashback*
I lazily crawl out of my bed. The sound coming from my parents room was something familiar but this time a hundred times more loud. I laid silently on my back my eyes counting the ceiling above me. I simply crawled out lazily when i couldn't bear the noise anymore. My parents never had a peaceful marriage. It has always been a survival of the fittest between those two.
"Did you just call me a promiscuous wife? Look who's talking?you are the man LovePeddler,an irresponsible father who lacks knowledge in putting together a good home" my mom spat out angrily!
"If you dont shut up and learn to give me the respect I deserve,you won't believe what would come next" my dad said hoarsely,His voice clearly made it known that he was about to drop his temper. And if such happened,the whole house would be on fire.
"I would start giving you your respect, if you learn to behave like human for once. Look what you've caused in this family? Just take a look at everything. You are not only selfish but a lying irrelevant snake working undercover. You are an enemy working negatively in this family. You are also a wuss. Remember,I made you! If not for me believe me your life won't be counted on" my mom said as tears rolled down from her eyelid.
Things like this aren't so new in my home. we've grown so used and attached to it that I feel like its just run in our blood. My dad is this kind of man whose so simple. Growing up,I used to be daddy's girl.
Whenever I cried, he was always there for me. He was unemployed as at then,mom was the only working parent I had and she sure was from a Rich home. Dad was always seen around house while mom would always embark on her hideous trip. As a matter of factly, dad was the only parent I grew so much to love and pour out my sorrows to. As for mom,she was in her own world.

Mom was a classy woman,I used to believe she wasn't part of those old ladies who sleeps around with men but i thought wrong,so wrong that I didn't suspect anything till I was old enough to understand life.
Me as a person never knew for sure what was always the source of my parents fight. I was a smart kid,thinking about my parents situation was just another thing entirely. I Hardly see them play like couples and mother always accuse dad of insecurities. From what I noticed,she was the bossy lady.

I came home from school on a sunny Friday. The house was obviously quiet and not a single noise was heard. I ran to father's sitting area but was shocked to not find him there. 'He always sit here' I mumbled. I ran back inside hoping to see him inside the room but all was to no positive result only to find mother sitting confused on her matrimonial bed. I was surprised to see her at home,the day was still so young. She never comes in until 12:00am in the midnight. She was the mother I never had!

"Mom! What of dad? Where's my daddy?" I whimpered..I was scared. My mind flash back to when mother threatened to kill my dad Whenever he tries to intrude her privacy.
"Have you killed him?" I sobbed silently,cursing,never to forgive my mom forever.
"What? No baby! Never! Instead he was the one who tried to kill me. You dad is gone. He's gone,he left us baby. He went to meet his mistress. He abandoned you guys. He said you all aren't his kids. He called you all bastard. Your father is not responsible. I regret the day I met him" she cried bitterly and when I looked up to her eyes,I saw distress,disappointment in her eyes. My little mind race a bit,I didn't know if Mother wanted to brainwash me or paint father black,all I know was that,there was truth in her eyes. A truth and combination of secret all along.
"He didn't even wait tell me good bye" I murmured More to myself than to anybody!
And on that day,I hated him. Every day by day I always thought he would show up atleast buy me my favorite kid sweet but all never happened. It was an imagination that would never occur not anymore. The father which always acted like my both parents could easily betray me? Even if he wanted to do it to anyone he can,but not me! I was his replica. His twin and best friend. Father betrayed me and everyday the hatred kept worsening and deepening. I just dont want to see him again. To hell with him and His mistress.

*End of flash back*

I was brought out of my reverie when the car abruptly came to an halt.
"What happened?" I screeched at my father's driver who had come to pick me earlier leaving me no choice but to jeopardize my outing with the two men in my life.
"What happened?" This time I asked softly."why did the car stopped abruptly.
"We don reach" the driver announced.
"Ohhh sorry! I was lost in thought. I went back down memory lane I chuckled.
I went down and saw an iced cream parlour.
"This is an iced cream parlour not a cafe." When would father knows the difference between these two" I smiled.
And yes something does felt like deja vu. It was my Favourite iced cream parlour. Not only mine but father always brought me there to order my favourite red velvet cupcakes and chocolate iced cream. I smiled at the memory and how father would tug my shirt whenever I spill iced cream on it. Father would always tickle me hard till I concur to go home. It was my Favourite place and thinking back in time. I missed dad the more. He was my best friend.

*To be continued*
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by skubido(m): 1:49pm On May 19, 2018
Hmmm. Nice wan

Tanks a lot for the update, jah bless
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by marvewhale(m): 9:44pm On May 19, 2018
Following The Transmission

1 Like

Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by skubido(m): 11:58am On May 25, 2018
Sist hope u are good. Is been awhile ooo..

1 Like

Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by skubido(m): 6:13pm On May 31, 2018
Sist how far na? Happen?
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by harunablezin(f): 12:46am On Jun 02, 2018
Diz much more interesting dan I thought....... more grace to you!
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by millennial(f): 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2018
hello guys...I am so so sorry about my absence here on nairaland. its so hard trying to combine school work and stories together. it's been a very stressful journey but thank God am here again. I wont be promising you guys about posting frequently,but as I get the chance, I will always update to make sure you guys enjoy this story till the end. thanks so much for the support and please do not forget to like,comment and mention people to read my story..This would go a long way. God bless you all. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by Cadec007(m): 2:37pm On Jun 05, 2018
millennial:
hello guys...I am so so sorry about my absence here on nairaland. its so hard trying to combine school work and stories together. it's been a very stressful journey but thank God am here again. I wont be promising you guys about posting frequently,but as I get the chance, I will always update to make sure you guys enjoy this story till the end. thanks so much for the support and please do not forget to like,comment and mention people to read my story..This would go a long way. God bless you all. Amen.
no P we are still with you!
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by millennial(f): 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2018
TOKE(The girl child) by Felix the_millennial

Episode 26

"He's right there" I heard a husky voice behind me. I turned around to check who knows why i am here,only to see a frowning Michael.
"Mikey!" I shouted and hugged him straight away. "I missed you" I sob.

"The last I checked I dont know you and isn't It a little disrespectful to hug a stranger this way" his voice didn't sound happy. He sounded frustrated and pretty pissed. His face looks so pale.
"Mikey what's wrong with you? Its me. TOKE!.
"Ohh nice to meet you miss Toks,now if you dont mind kindly get out of my way" he concluded walking ahead of me.
I felt myself getting heated up. I was more than upset. What could have jeopardize my relationship with my best friend and bro? I wanted to run away. I just want to find solace elsewhere. This meeting was a bad idea from the start.
I took step backward,heading back home. I couldn't withstand introducing myself all over to people have spent half of my life with.

"He's right there" he cut me short,pointing towards the direction where father sat reading a set of published magazines.
"Ohh I thought you don't know me" I said furrowing my eyebrows at him for acting weird towards me. My eyes were clearly red but I quickly dab my handkerchief on my face in other not to show my weakness. He pouted at me and loosened his scary face.
"I wouldn't imagine denying my sis not for a day. Come give big bro a hug. You look funny with that face Yunno. Okay okay I acted up. I was being a jerk,but i was just teasing life out of you."
"You shouldn't act around like that yunno? You really scared life out of me" I whimpered .
Mikey spread his arm out and I ran to take the hug.

"OK ok I get it! You missed me so much but can you please let me breathe a little? You hugging life out of me" Mikey said between laughter.
"Oh sorry" I murmured. "But I haven't forgiven you for what you did" I freed myself from the hug,giving him a hard punch on his stomach.
"Ouch" he smiled generously.

"Can you guys please save this for later,we have a date to catch up.
I heard a voice, A familiar one at that.
"Ohh the useless date" I whispered more to myself than to anyone. I released myself from Mikey's embrace and was shook to see jamin standing with gritted teeth,smiling genuinely at me and Mikey.
"Hey dont just ogle at me. I know am good looking but atleast take your eyes off me. Am your bro!" He said arrogantly, sprouting as if he was somebody. Lol.
"Ohh yeah that's true. I just can't help your toned body. No one cheats nature right?" I said sarcastically.
He got the message and threw me a friendly punch,pulling me against his chest. It feels so good to be with my bro again, especially the old gorilla himself. Jamin.
We exchange our "I miss you" cliche before heading towards the old,strong cafe which holds lots of memory.
"There he is" Mikey announced.
"Ohh" was all I and jamin said before moving to the seat next to the outdoor window where father sat comfortably reading one of his favorite magazines.

"Look who are here" father said delightedly resting the magazine before he shook hands with Mikey and jamin. "Seems like they've all gotten along so well." I sigh.
"Hello pumpkin" he broke me out of my reverie.
"Hi" was all I replied with. I still couldn't understand the reason for this outing, I just had to keep my mouth shut. I don't even want to engage in any kind of talk with him,after all he did.
I rested my back on the chair before the waitress broke the silence when delivering the red velvet cupcake I didn't even order for.
"Here you go miss" she said sweetly.
"But I..." I trailed off knowing rightly father had ordered it for me even before my arrival.
"He still remember my favorite cupcake" I soliloquies.

"I ordered that for you baby" father broke me out of my reverie. "Dont you like it anymore? We always come here to get..."
"I still love it. Thanks." I cut him short.
"Ohhh okay cool" he said,looking at me terribly.
"I just wanted to have a get together with my children after all this years and it seems you guys are not okay with it" father said,sorrow filled his voice.
Before anyone could give a response. I stood up from my seat abruptly or rudely whatever you call it. "Ohh yes am not cool with all this acting. If you had wanted a get together so badly you wouldn't have left without saying no goodbye. Especially to your best friend. That was an unfair thing to do. Now you talk about your children,really,those children you denied?
The ones you said are not yours? The ones you hated so much? Tell me, the baby mama you ran to,how is she doing? Is she doing we'll? Her kids? Ohh I heard they are your real blood. Hmm must be pretty little kids. You must have called them pumpkins like you used to call me. Or even call them "my hero and "superman" like you call Mikey and jamin. Uhhn? Ohh why did you leave them? Are you tired of this poor innocent kids? What a father!. Maybe you even threatened to kill their mom like you threatened to kill mother. What a disappointment I have as a father. Ohh sorry, you are not my father,you..." I trailed off trying to hide my tears from escaping through my eyes. I was hurt badly and I just wanted to run somewhere and not come back anymore. Not anytime soon.
"Pump.."
"Don't you ever call me such. You dont deserve to call me that anymore. You lost that right years ago. So quit acting,it doesn't suit you,you'd make a bad actor eww" I said obviously pouring down heavy rain from my eyes.

"Toks,just sit and listen" jamin said quietly and confidently" Thank God it wasn't a public cafe,I would have created a scene but that period,I dont care.
"Sit toks. I see you have been brainwashed so far by mother. You need to know the truth" Mikey said as father and jamin nodded in agreement to what he has said.
"What truth?" I asked.
"Somebody just answer me" I shouted as every waitress turned to my direction.
"Its fine. We would handle it" my dad and two brothers echoed begging the people affected.

*To be continued*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by millennial(f): 2:54pm On Jun 05, 2018
OMG babiessss....did you guys notice I wrote a pretty ass long episode today? weeeff!!.. I wanted to make it up to you guys by writing this and good news? my story will be published on hard copy very soon. so y'all have the opportunity to get a copy and enjoy my story more. am working with some certain publishers to edit my writeup..so till then,you guys should please follow up and keep liking and mentioning people to follow this story. hug kisses love. thanks so much.
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by skubido(m): 4:06pm On Jun 05, 2018
Tanks for the update. God bless
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by Cadec007(m): 8:20pm On Jun 05, 2018
Thanks a lot ma'am
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by harunablezin(f): 10:03am On Jun 06, 2018
Mhmmmmm! diz saggar na waooooo
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by queenitee(f): 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2018
Let us know the truth o
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by millennial(f): 10:13am On Jun 15, 2018
Yippppeeee!!!!! Happy Eid Mubarak to all my Muslim brothers and sisters reading my story. I wish you guys love,happiness and light this blessed period. Have fun and dont forget to send your chicken through my email lol. I'd definitely see it. Thanks for the love all along. To my Christian FAM,CHRISTMAS is coming in early lol..xo xo xo
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by harunablezin(f): 10:19am On Jun 15, 2018
mhmmmmm! it seems u've put a full stop to diz story
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by millennial(f): 10:21am On Jun 15, 2018

Episode 27
Episode 27
My mouth drop opens by the time father finished his explanation. How come no one ever hinted me? And I have been staying in the same house with this woman? Things began to make sense to me! All that I couldn't decipher before was completely open and clear now. Fresh hot tears ran down my cheeks. Why is this life so hard to live in? Why does people have to stay in this wicked place called life!

Mother had a brain tumor. A brain tumor? I still find it hard to believe. In the cause of this,she had decided to throw out the people she cared for out of her life so they wouldn't miss her too much when she's gone. Realization dawn on me. She became an angry bird when she realized her brain tumor has become cancerous and there was nothing anyone could do to help her out,not even the biggest neurologist in the world could help!
She had reached the last stage and she felt its the right time to send people out of her life. I was the last person she thought of sending away. She thought I was too young for the maltreatment. She wanted to make it official when I graduate my sec school.
I felt bad for everything I had engage in. How I wanted to repay her evil deed by having an affair with someone who could give her the pleasure she deserves as a dying woman.
She doesn't need anybody's sympathy. She just wanted to be in her own world! But she had gone too far. She had tampered with my life and there was no turning back. I had loosed myself and lack the love of parents and siblings.
And just now that I know the simple truth,everything just sucks.
"How come no one ever..." I trailed off trying to find the right word. This is so unfair to me,my life and everyone that I love. Truth be told,mother would always be my mum no matter what she has put me through. Although she was the mother I never had,I still do love her. Anybody ever hate and love someone at the same doggone time? That was the same feelings I shared with mum. I just can't seem to understand why this world is spinning against me. Why me?

Jamin sat up straight and began. "Baby! I understand you feel so heartbroken right now,but we didn't mean to keep it secret from you so long,it was just bad timing and all that. I hope you understand?
"I still dont understand anything!" I yelled. "What exactly do you want me to understand?. My bright big eyeballs shone directly, creating an eye contact with everyone.
"Yes i dont understand all this cooked up story. Mother? A dying woman? Can't you look for another lie to please me than use this? Did you guys try so hard to make him come back to our life after everything he had done!" I pointed to father who raised up his already red eyes.
"Pumpkin... He began slowly, I dont expect you to believe me,your brothers or this story you called cooked up. I'm sorry if Its too late you realized this,I just don't want to decipher the mother and daughter relationship I thought you both were having. I didn't want to put your life in jeopardy.
She begged me not to...he fidgeted with his hands for a while before Mikey cuts in.
"She loves you,we all do" he said slowly.
"Mikey can't you see? Are you all that blind? I dont need anyone to tell me I am loved or any other cliche I am tired of listening to. The truth is,my life has been jeopardized already. I dont have a life of my own. I just felt like the property of a propagated wave being thrown from the outside. She's dying isn't it? But my life is just encrusting. Holy shit!
"Enough with those words of yours,I won't let you talk that way to this family. Just forgive everyone and let's start a new life afresh giving love to someone who really needs it now" jamin argued obviously anger cleared in his voice.
"What about me? Me? I dont deserve to be love? I mean thanks to God jamin,you've started seeing me as your sis. Should I remind you the torture I went through from you? Do you want me to?
"That was in the past toks,just shut up and have some respect" he slides on his fone dialing some sort of number I couldn't really see from where I sat.
"Ohhh I would gladly shut up after I reveal this. My laughter rang out so loud, people around thinks am some sort of weird,spoilt child. Little did they know what exactly was going on. My family problem.!
"Toks! Take it easy...just calm your nerves..baby girl" Mikey stuttered for the last time.
"You know what Mikey, do not call me baby girl. Why? I'm fucking mothers sugar boy!"
"They are here!" Jamin announced the same time I revealed the truth.

It was a coincidence. We both didn't see it coming.
"What?" The trio shouted.
"What? Who are those here" I asked surprised.
Another coincidental moment.
"What did you say earlier?" Mikey cleared the confusion. You are doing what?"
"Hey everyone,mother interrupted taking a seat next to me. And there I saw him,zayn,sitting comfortably on an armed chair close to jamin.
"Somebody is about to die" I murmured.
Fear gripped my soul. If only I knew they were invited,I wouldn't have said what I said. What a life! Time to break free. I sigh.

*To be continued*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by harunablezin(f): 11:21am On Jun 15, 2018
i will protest against this update ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by Ann2012(f): 11:36am On Jun 15, 2018
harunablezin:
i will protest against this update ooooooo
E too short abi
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by skubido(m): 3:47pm On Jun 15, 2018
OP tanks a lot for the update. Welcome back ooo.
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by queenitee(f): 4:39pm On Jun 15, 2018
Jesus!!!
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by millennial(f): 11:39am On Jun 19, 2018

EPILOGUE

I walked into the quiet mall. All was quiet and beautiful. I like the fact that its quiet, atleast I would be able to contemplate my life better. This past few days has been tough for me. College wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I left my past lives behind and I just want to remain as purely as ever.
Ohh my confession? My family? I know you guys are willing to know. I just think that's another phase in my life that I have gone through and wouldn't want to repeat the same mistake again.
I found a seat close to the window. The breeze and effect of air stung on me as it blew my hair to the back. I smiled sheepishly as I rested my head on the glass window beside me. I felt so weak to even place an order. Classes has been so crazy.
I shifted a little as I recollect every single little thing that happened to me.
I was molested and embarrassed as I repeated my words to my family and zayn.
I closed my eyes tight. I thought they were going to skin me alive. I called for the ground to help me out of this dilemma but its seems the ground is so unhappy with me. Let's justice do it's work. Leave African parents to react immediately.
"You guys did what? Mother rang out angrily! You sick child,harlot,promiscuous from the start, horrible LovePeddler. How dare you do such? You are a disgrace to this family. You've always been. My biggest regret is I happened to be your mother. You shall never find happiness. I say this as a dying woman,your daughter shall do this to you. You shall..
"Stop that mother, stop that before I kill you myself right now. A familiar voice rose up,Jamin's. Do you even have any right to shout at her right now? He asked! Do you have any right to blame her? Can't you see? You caused all this. Dont you dare blame it on her because she deserves love,care and attention like every other teenage girl in the world. She deserves mother's listening ear. She deserves to be pampered. Now you sit there and talk about curse. If anyone is to be cursed,then she definitely have every right to curse you. You deserve a painful death. You just didn't cause a lot in her life alone. You did to me,Mikey and father. Are you the only one with a brain tumor? Why can't you open your self to people's love but instead throw them away like they are trash. Even to your own family.
"Jay. Please bring it down a notch! Calm down." Mikey spoke up with tears already filled his eyelid. Dont let us do that here brozay. She have caused a lot and she really needs to pay. Mother,I mean.
Mikey you too! Oh my God am so overwhelmed. How come no one is blaming me? But it's not my fault,or is it?
"Do not blame your mother! Blame your pretentious and desperate sister who always call on me to give her some desirable pleasure. She's an incorrigible liar and attention seeker. What a..."
"Zayn or whatever your name might be,dont you interfere in this matter or I kill you with my bare hands" Mikey rose up to him ready to fight.

He's right. Was I not the one who started this revenge of a thing?
I wanted to show mother hell. Now I am going through hell. He's right! I am an attention seeker,I wanted to get what I never planted. I am horrible. I dont deserve to live among humans. A total animal,that's who I am. What more could I use to defend myself.
I dried the fresh tears on my cheek as I rose up to take my leave. Everywhere was spinning. It seems the world was with me but the nature were still angry with me. I stood still. What's left to say. Even if they all want to support me. They would be so disappointed to hear that I was the one who threw myself at him.
"Toks are you okay?" Father asked concerned clearly shown in his voice.
"I am" I said my voice sounding hoarse than I planned it to be.
"And where do you think you are going? Baby...mother started!
Did she just call me baby? I asked myself furrowing my eyebrows.
"We can talk this out. I always believe you from day one,its just..
"Why you begging her? Thought we are a team. We should leave babe. Zayn said irritatingly.
"Did you just.. Jamin trailed off as he send zay some punch across the face. Learn to give your elders respect!" He finished off.
"I wouldn't want any problem zayn. You've caused a lot in my family and believe me you should be prosecuted for this. Mother announced. If you don't want any legal action,you better go faraway and never come back here anymore."
I closed my eyes shortly. "He didn't take my virginity,I said! He only gave me my first orgasm. And am sorry...I trailed off,
As everywhere became dark. I shut my eyes slowly. The last thing I want to do is argue. I lost conscious.
"We love you! Please come back" was the last word I heard before I finally closed my eyes shut. That's it! The end of my suffering.
My family took me back! Oh you were thinking they wouldn't? I explained my part and revenge and all they did was sigh at every of my word. I knew I had done a lot right from my secondary school friends. Speaking of secondary school friends,
Tania I heard relocated to California with her parents. I hope she doesn't start a weird life there. Tayo? A sad story. She was a drug addict,and presently,she is at the rehab center. Her parent wanted to give her proper care before she finally gets in college.
Am happy my friends are okay and fine.
Hakeem? I seriously don't know! The last I heard,he relocated also to NYC. Hopes to see him one day and I hope he would forgive me and take me back! Take me back? I honestly dont need any guy in my life right now. I Am not even legal yet. Time would tell.

"Congrats dear" mother said weakly on her bed when she heard about my admission that had been granted.
We were back together as family. We accepted our mistakes and we made a good lot out of our flaws. Mother has been directed to the top neurologist in the world and he promised to help. She's still waiting properly for her surgery. But she would always say,believe me,if I am not there to witness your matric,convocation,NYSC, marriage in person,I am there in spirit And I would be super proud of you. My little pumpkin. Those were her last words to me.
Tears trickled down my face as I remembered this. Mother died during her surgery. She couldn't take it. The time for her to go came in early.
She was the mother I never had From the start. Jamin took over the company,while Mikey pursued his doctorate degree. My family was complete once again without one person we never had to ourselves. Oh God accept her soul! We love her,but you love her most.

"Would you like to place your order now ma?" The waitress,a tall beautiful tanned young lady walked up to me with a smiling face
I cleaned my face with the handkerchief in my hand. I had cried so much remembering my family.
"Are you okay ma?" She asked with a concerned look.
"Errm,I clearer my throat,sniffing in. I'm fine. Water and snacks would be fine for now.
I brought out my fone to see the time Has gone past me. Father gave me a seven missed call. A slow smile crept on my face. Father will always be father. He always say,"when I give you a seven missed call,that means perfection will come your way throughout that day because seven means perfection." I smiled at his word as I picked up my fone to call him.
"Dad so what would my perfection be like" I said smiling.
"Uhmmmm" he thought for a while before he finally replied
"Let's treat each other to meal. Consider today your lucky day."
"What a father" just when I was thinking about food. Catch you there,send me the address."
My parents had insisted I school around Lagos state. Not that they don't have the money to send me out like others do but I was visiting some therapist who's helping me get over mother and the feelings we never shared. So they decided its best I stay very close to my family.
"Please put it in a takeaway. I need to run" I told the waitress who had attended to me earlier.
"Alright but that's another money " she said smiling as well.
"Just.. I was cut short by a voice,a voice I could barely decipher who owns it. It sounded familiar, but I couldn't guess
"Just pack it,the Bill's on me!" The voice said .
"Okay" the waitress dashed out

What the actual hell? My eyes are deceiving me right? When did he come to town? Taught he was in NYC!
"Hakeem!" I shouted . you were suppose.. I trailed off as I snake myself around him.
He didn't take back the hug. Maybes he's still angry with me! I slowly and embarrassingly removed myself from his embrace.
"I'm sorry!" I sort of whispered that to myself.
"Here you go" the waitress handed over the package to me. I mouthed thank you as I made my way to the exit.
I felt a hand grab my wrist. It was Hakeem.
He paid off quickly as he dragged me out of the mall.
As soon as we got outside,he hugged me tightly, so tightly it doesn't seem he would let me go so easily. So tight,I couldn't breathe.
"Can you atleast let me breathe" I asked sarcasm feeling my voice
We laughed out loudly,causing different stirs from people.
I couldn't get enough of this boy.

He opened the passenger seat for me as I slides to seat.
My fone rang and revealed Father's name on my caller ID.
"We've got a lot to catch up on but I got to go.!"
"Why?" He frowned !
"I need to meet with father".
I have a lot to tell you Hakeem, I have a lot to say but not now" I said looking sorry.
"Alright love! I would call you! Okay?"
"Okay" I said slowly.
He moved closer to me as he planted a kiss on my lips. His warmth lips moved against mine as it became more intense.
My fone rang the second time. Father was growing impatient. He should bring his attitude down a notch at times.
"I should go!" I smiled sheepishly.
"Okay" he said
"Okay" I replied him
"Okay" he repeated looking into my eyes.
I laughed hitting him hard on the chest. What a stubborn boy.
I walked out slowly out of his car as i walked with happiness down to where my driver parked my car. Yeah it was a birthday present from mother before her departure.

Is this fate or coincidence? I kept asking myself,shutting my eyes to be sure if I wasn't dreaming.
Whatever fate has in store for me this time around, I think I am ready to face it and become more braver.
I plan to set my life across with Hakeem. I plan to have a better tomorrow with him. Only him,only Hakeem. Okay!

*THE END*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by millennial(f): 11:54am On Jun 19, 2018
A/N:
Hey guys!! what do you think? I am finally through with this story and guess what i'm thinking if I could continue on this journey with you guys. like creating a season two of TOKE(the girl child) but am actually still thinking. what do you guys think about my story? do you think I end it well? let me hear your comments please. I appreciate your love,support and understanding throughout this journey. I decided to just cut it short cos school was really working me out and I wouldn't want you guys to wait in vain without getting anymore update. you can catch this same story on Wattpad for those of you who have the app on you fone. thanks and God bless..
besides,I have a new story coming up, "HELLO AMERICANA" drop your comments if you would want me to post it right here. I will not want us to depart like this. tell me what you think.
love you all so so much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by skubido(m): 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2018
Wow, nice ending. U really tried like seriously.

@d new story u can post it here oooo.

Jah bless ur hand work.
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by queenitee(f): 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2018
Yes, you ended it well. It's such a great story
Re: Toke(the Girl Child) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2021
millennial:

Episode 1

I woke up to someone shaking me roughly, grumbling with one eye open. It was early March,my second term in Ss3 and practically about to be a finalist. It was still winter and my winter body laid on my bed sleeping and trying not to jeopardize my sweet sleep,it was a Saturday morning and on a hundred not the best. I laid still already in the dreamland,that early morning sweet sleep that drive straight through your inner body feeling cold and warm at the same time. That normal early morning inner groove that can never be taken away from someone or even if taken it is either with complain or savage look. 

'Who the hell could that be? I asked myself stupidly. Could that be my harsh sentimental brother trying to bring up a fight?or trying to add a glitch to my sleep? All that could give me extra lives only if he wasn't the one trying to bring me back to life. But No ,I thought wrong. I woke up to the hands of my mother trying to get my attention back to life. 

'Oh mom! I said, I thought it was all an imagination, I was already in the dream land, I said sheepishly. She smiled but hmmm that smile was suspicious, she smiled showing only her upper teeth, even with that smile there was this 'trying to get my permission look'. 

Mother! I finally spat out, what's up with that look? I asked. 

'I will be travelling to Dubai today. I have some urgent business matters to attend to, and you know she continued, this people are not to be trusted ;I have to show up there to ensure everything is in order and you know.... 

'Mom! I cut her short. It's okay mom, your business always comes first you have to be there. I said sarcastically. Hmmm she understood what I meant, that wasn't our first argument about  her business and her presence at home. 

Oh darling! She said pecking my dull cheek. You have to understand dear just like you've always did. I need you to support me, you know ever since your father left I have to always make things right just to get the best future for you and your brothers.... 

Mother please! I said irritated. Don't use father as an excuse to trick me down, father leaving us was because you guys wasn't made for each other,you only have the best wedding but your marriage was bitter due to the fact that pride was also present at your wedding and stayed with you guys for a long time in the relationship. That wasn't the first time she would always bring up father's issue just to cover up her not being close to us. 

Mother! I continued with a frown look, please spare those pep talk I don't want to hear about that man. That man, depressed my mood always so please just leave already and don't start with me. 

Oh sweet, don't refer to him that way, he's still your dad and will always be you know? 

'Hmmmm somebody is still in love; i said smiling. 

'Shut up joor, don't start your wahala with me jawe 'she answered. 

You know what? I think you've got a plane to catch, why not leave already and don't be a pin in the ass...she burst into laughter, I hope you don't talk back like this to your brothers while am away especially jamin' she said laughing hysterically. 

I was already lost in the gist, so engrossed that I never wanted to let go, contemplating about the harshness that follows after her departure. 

TOKE! She called me back to reality, I have to leave now sweet, you don't want your sweet mom's plane to be missed right? She asked with one eye closed like someone trying to avoid a punch from an opponent. I gave her a sarcastic smile bet geez she got me and then threw me a friendly punch. 

'Mom I said like a lifeless chicken, you should do that to the boys, just "coman" be going I said imitating the newest slang in town. She was flabagasted by that. Have never in my life talked in such manner, neither have I promoted bad slang in town with my tongue. She finally dropped the big fat egg boom 'I hope you ain't hanging out with bad girls now? 

I replied her hotly. 'If only you are always at home to watch over me'. She looked at me suspiciously and later smiled  affectionately at me trying to avoid anymore harsh words  from me. 

*to be continued*

Mad! Reading... reading... reading! Amazing story, Sir kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Nnedi Okorafor, Nominated For Nobel Prize / Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! / Short Story Competition - <<Nuges11 wins!!!!>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.