Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

The 8 Most Common Challenges Faced By E-commerce Business - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The 8 Most Common Challenges Faced By E-commerce Business (411 Views)

Top 6 SEO Most Common Mistakes To Avoid / Major Challenges Faced By Many Start-ups / How To Prevent The Most Common Application Attacks Against Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 8 Most Common Challenges Faced By E-commerce Business by Dmayor7(m): 2:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
During these few years I have been into web developing I have noticed a trend in the eCommerce scene and also have been asked some questions over and over again by worried e-store sellers and entrepreneurs.

In this post I will list out the most common of the questions and profer their solutions so you don't go and make such mistakes.

Also, if you are already experincing those challenges, you can learn how to get out of it.

Let's roll...

Some Products Can't be Found on The E-Store

This is one of the popular challenges enountered by sellers and its very common for product heavy e-stores. A particular product can be showing when accessed with their exact URL but isn't anywhere to be found in their categories.

Solution: Is to check whether the product is still in stock, and replenish it if so. Also, make sure you enabled the products in the e-store. Check your caching and make sure they are up to date. Another simple way is to enable "display products when out of stock"

e-Store is Not Seen in Google Search Page

If your e-store is not visible on Google then thats a big problem because you will loose potential customers and also loose your reputation.

Solution: Are you sure you didn't do black-trick SEO because it might be a reason your e-store isn't appearing on Google? Also, make sure your website is mobile responsive and fast loading, then look into content marketing and link building to boost your e-store ranking.

My e-Store is Very Slow in Loading

This can be very distasteful for your potenital customers because they will leave your site and go to your competitor's. Unforutnetely, e-store slowness is mostly caused by bloated codes, unoptimized product images and unneccasary use of carousel sliders.

Solution: You need to have a caching system enabled in your website. Also, optimize your product images and make sure they are sized properly. Then remove bloated codes, make sure your JavaScript codes are in the footer section and all your CSS are in the header.

The 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

Sure, this is a common problem and usually shows itself when a new extension or plugin is installed in your e-store, or when you are trying to update your e-store and it got stuck in the maintenance mode.

Solution: First call is to contact your hosting service provider and they can help you fix that. Or you can get the service of a web developer and he will help you remove the maintenance file in the site and also clear all your caches for you.

I Broke my Site While Updating/Upgrading it!

This is also a common issue which can be avoided when proper planning and documentation is taken care of. This can be very annoying because at most times you will just get a white screen in your website with no clue as to whats wrong.

Solution: I strongly advise you have a backup of your e-store before attempting any update/upgrade. This will help you revert back to its former state should there be any problem with the new update/upgrade. Rule of thumb, let a good web developer handle all your e-store updates/upgrades for you.

Converting Shoppers into Paying Customers

What is an e-store without paying customers? It is really a nightmare if you noticed that you have huge traffic in your e-store but little or no sale.

Solution: Are you sure your checkout process is really working? It should be very simple and easy for your shoppers to go through the checkout process. I advise you use popular and reliable payment gateways like Paypal, Payooner, 2checkout, Paystack, and Stripe for this.

How do I Retain Customers And Get Repitive Sales?

There is a marketing mantra that says "Attracting new customers is more expenesive than retaining current ones." Sincerely, this is just the difference between big e-stores like Jumia, Konga, eBay, Walmart, and those numerous struggling e-store masses around the web.

Solution: Investing in an email marketing system and having a working plus optimized newsletter is a sure success key to repeated customer patronage. I strongly advise you use Aweber, or Mailchimp for your email newsetter and campaigns.

Last but not the least....

Choosing The Right and Scalable Technology

It really sucks when you find out that the technology platform you chooses for your e-store isn't scale-able now that your e-store is growing and your customers expanding. It is very OK to go with any basic thing you see out there when you are starting out just to save cost but not thinking long-term is a sure way to loosing more money and time.

Solution: Think long-term, use standard and reliable shopping cart solutions, and make sure you have a good content management system plus analytics up and running. I advise you use Shopify, Magento, Prestashop, or WordPress plus WooCommerce. Discuss your e-store long-term goals with your web developer and let him help you choose the best platform for your e-store.

In conclusion...

You can never go wrong if you work with a good and reliable web developer to manage and develop your e-store. He will help you make the right choices in designs and technical aspects and even suggest a good marketing strategy to take based on the platform you are operating on.

I am yours faithfully Mr Darlington a #Web_Developer with a difference

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Post Won't Make You a Web Developer!

For that you need a good web developer for your eCommerce.
Someone highly knowledgeable in latest web designing technologies and creative mindset.

Contact Me Now 08175765974 And You Will be Happy You Did

If you place a call to me right now, you will get a 20% discount.

cc Lalasticlala

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want To Brand Your Business? Please Read This Post / sold / How Blogging Changed The Life Of A Website Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.