Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) (15591 Views)

How Saraki Sold Kwara Amusement Park For N100million / Container Loaded With Military Uniforms And Weapons Disappears In Apapa Port / Explosion Rocks NNPC Apapa, Lagos. 4 People Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by AutoReportNG: 2:52am On Mar 23, 2018
The Federal Government in collaboration with the Lagos State and a private firm named, MOB have teamed up to set up a modern and standard park for the tankers and trailers drivers within the Apapa metropolis. The drivers have become a pain for all road users within this axis due to their reckless parking and how they park on the bridge and anywhere they felt is good for them. A close check revealed that the park will take at least 200 trailers and 250 maximum at full stretch.

AutoReportNG toured the facility as the place is still under construction, the park is sited under the bridge of Marine Beach close to the Naval base. We went to the park and we saw that the park has CCTV, restrooms and it has also being lit up, one of the drivers told us there are plans to have food vendors and a mini-kiosk around too.

The question on our lips is if these tank drivers will make use of this facility. Remember there was a time the Lagos State Government built an ultra model park for them at Orile some years back, they refused to use citing the parking cost was much, we hope they will be law-abiding and make use of this one at least to make the roads free of accidents.

These are some of the pictures from the park.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/03/fg-lagos-state-government-team-up-to.html

3 Likes

Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by AutoReportNG: 2:53am On Mar 23, 2018
We hope this stop their nonsense parking on the bridge

See more pictures here

http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/03/fg-lagos-state-government-team-up-to.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by CeterisXVIII: 3:19am On Mar 23, 2018
AutoReportNG:
We hope this stop their nonsense parking on the bridge

Lagos State govt and federal govt have been talking about building a trailer park for large trucks and haulage tankers for almost 10 years. I hope they get round to completing it eventually. The contract for the construction of the trailer park was awarded since 2010, to eliminate the gridlock on the Apapa Oshodi Expressway, when the road was being reconstructed by Julius Berger and Borini Prono. sad

Ogun state government even constructed a trailer park on Lagos/Ibadan expressway at Ogere near Sagamu, but it has not totally solved the problem of truck drivers parking their trucks indiscriminately in different places. Despite that, I hear Ogun state rakes in N120m in parking fees monthly from the trailer park. undecided

Trailer drivers and tanker drivers are a very unruly lot. It will take more than just a trailer park, to get them to comply with the govt's directives.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 4:32am On Mar 23, 2018
ambo oooo ....eko sese bere

nice one .....

if it was not lagos it can never be lagos .....

2 Likes

Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 5:15am On Mar 23, 2018
hajoke2000:

nice one .....

Lee wee you kip quayet there!!! These jokers need to put rail in place once and for all. Eliminating these odious trucks from our roads

2 Likes

Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Iyajelili(f): 10:36am On Mar 23, 2018
I hope this would be possible cos most trailers are owned by Dangote and the nuisance the parking of trailers on the road is overbearing.

2 Likes

Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by BruncleZuma: 10:38am On Mar 23, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by SNIPER123: 10:39am On Mar 23, 2018
embarassed
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Onyenna(m): 10:42am On Mar 23, 2018
Nice one
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Rockie: 10:42am On Mar 23, 2018
MOB is an abbreviation for MUSILIU OBANIKORO. If you know you know (compensation things) wink wink undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by 1shortblackboy: 10:43am On Mar 23, 2018
Na now wey dem dey get sense say dem suppose build trailer park. Slow old outdated men
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Uruan2023: 10:43am On Mar 23, 2018
Business capital of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Uruan2023: 10:44am On Mar 23, 2018
Eko Eko Eko
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by 400billionman: 10:47am On Mar 23, 2018
What if a loaded truck hits the pillars of that bridge in the picture?
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by 02PowerSolutns: 10:49am On Mar 23, 2018
Lagos Acts and other state follows, sometimes i wonder what is really happening to other states in Nigeria, especially states in the south east, they are using gear five to go back...Fg please do something about their governors, especially Abia state Governments (both present and past), they are wolves.
FREEE Online Marketing Solutions Training On Whatsapp These weekend.............Titled " Ranking My Business On Google" Advanced Training" check my profile for more info.
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by kgbd(m): 10:49am On Mar 23, 2018
this move needs to be backed up by law

1 Like

Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Cletus77(m): 10:51am On Mar 23, 2018
Good development.
They will need alot of supports
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 23, 2018
Iyajelili:
I hope this would be possible cos most trailers are owned by Dangote and the nuisance the parking of trailers on the road is overbearing.

Am really sorry!

You very dumb and mentally confined
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Ugoeze2016: 10:53am On Mar 23, 2018
If you like build amusement parks for them most of them will still not utilize it.

What these truck drivers actually need is Road Safety training
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Atouke: 10:54am On Mar 23, 2018
That is the worst place to build a truck stop. Under the bridge? We are jumping from fry pan to fire. Mark my words, the unruly and I'll trained truck drivers with their rickety truck will hit the pillars that hold that bridge together and bring it down, thereby destroying the very bridge we are trying to save.
Useless and senseless Nigerian politicians, where in the world do you see 1000 tonnes trucks parked under bridges?
Loading ........disaster waiting to happen.
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 10:59am On Mar 23, 2018
Iyajelili:
most by dangote ke? u don high early momo
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by larrymoore(m): 11:02am On Mar 23, 2018
Hope this is a true collaboration
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Jabioro: 11:14am On Mar 23, 2018
Kole werk! Reason,most of these trailers you people saw on the bridge and other roads are mostly booked to loads or return the empty containers.The access road are nothing to write homes,the ports are not well organised or have the capacity to take care, especially the returns containers,the petroleum deports due to unionism they contributed nuisance.FG and LG should consult me for advise,nothing is free even to go hungry under Buhari regime must be task tag with price.
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by aribo21(m): 11:41am On Mar 23, 2018
OK
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by aribo21(m): 11:42am On Mar 23, 2018
Great one
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by deebsman1(m): 11:43am On Mar 23, 2018
hajoke2000:

nice one .....

Kawthar
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by john650(m): 11:50am On Mar 23, 2018
Rockie:
MOB is an abbreviation for MUSILIU OBANIKORO. If you know you know (compensation things) wink wink undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
I didn't see any construction underway, just an open space under a bridge and a sign board.

If this is another Lagos State project to put money into the hands of a "has been" politician, it will fail. There needs to be a real car park structure constructed to handle the massive number of trucks coming into the ports. If they don't know how to build a truck stop, they should visit other countries to learn.
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by obailala(m): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2018
I hear this story up to 5 years ago. So it's still a 'plan'?
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by deepwater(f): 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2018
lol
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by jayraster(m): 2:24pm On Mar 23, 2018
02PowerSolutns:
Lagos Acts and other state follows, sometimes i wonder what is really happening to other states in Nigeria, especially states in the south east, they are using gear five to go back...Fg please do something about their governors, especially Abia state Governments (both present and past), they are wolves.
FREEE Online Marketing Solutions Training On Whatsapp These weekend.............Titled " Ranking My Business On Google" Advanced Training" check my profile for more info.
biko how old are you?

1 Like

Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 23, 2018
deebsman1:
Kawthar

yes.....how can i help u sir?
Re: Truck Park For Tanker Trailer Drivers In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by deebsman1(m): 9:09pm On Mar 23, 2018
hajoke2000:

yes.....how can i help u sir?

I want you to teach me Arabic, dm me guidelines grin
cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Boycott 2019 Election' - Nnamdi Kanu Tells IPOB In New Year Speech (Audio) / Arresting Nwosu In Church Unacceptable, CAN Tells Police / EFCC To Go After Corrupt Governors, Ministers After May 29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.