Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out (18787 Views)

The 2020 Range Rover Velar Svautobiography Is The James Bond Of Suvs / The 10 Most Expensive Suvs In The World (Pictures) / Innoson Motors Officially Unveils New Brands Of SUVs In Anambra (see Prices) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by autojosh: 6:15am On Mar 23, 2018
Africa and Nigeria is gradually picking up in the automobile business.Even though there is still a long way to go, some significant progress has been made.

These SUVs are made in Africa, I hope you love them.Let’s check them out.

1.Wallys Iris

This mini SUV is made in Tunisia by the automobile company called Wallyscar.It is a convertible with a high speed of about 154km/h .Its not doing too bad with 82hp and they really bragged about its minimal fuel consumption rate It costs approximately N6,000,000. Check out a full article on this vehicle here.

2.Innoson G5

If you have been following the trend of vehicle manufacture/assembling in Nigeria and Africa, Innoson needs no introduction.The Innoson G5 / IVM G5 has a top speed of 220km/h, 32.3 mpg (7.3 litre per 100km) fuel consumption.It can accelerate from 0 to 60 miles per hour (96.56 km/hr) in 7.6 seconds. It costs approximately N12,390,000.

3.Innoson G40

One of my favorites in terms of the design.There is quite limited information on the specs of this vehicle even on the Innoson website, but it costs N17,325,000.

4.Innoson G80

Also called “Nigerian G Wagon” by some Nigerians ��, this vehicle costs N27,825,000.

5.Kantanka K71

Built by close brothers of Nigeria (Ghana). The K71 is a mini SUV and has a top speed of 160 km/h and 124hp.It costs 60,000 Ghanian Cedis, approximately N5,000,000.Its a product of Kantanka Automobile Company Limited.

6.Onantefo 4×4

A close cousin to the K71, the Onantefo was also built by Kantanka.It has a top speed of 160km/h, 156hp and a fuel consumption of about 10 litres every 100km.It costs 150,000 Ghanian Cedis, approximately N12,000,000.

7.Mobius II

All the way from Kenya, the Mobius II fits perfectly into both the urban metropolitan environment for a comfortable city cruise and more rugged rural environments where durability and reliability is essential.Its actually one of my favorites in terms of originality in design.Its a Real Wheel Drive (RWD), it has approximately 132hp, top speed varies based on customization.It has a starting price of $12,500(approx N4,500,000).

Which one of them is your favorite ?

Don’t forget to share !!.

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/7-made-in-africa-suvs-you-need-to-check-out/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by izzou(m): 6:21am On Mar 23, 2018
angry

Wait Wait Wait

Autojosh is asking which one is my favorite?

I don't understand that question

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by bot101(m): 6:35am On Mar 23, 2018
Following
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by mammanbawa: 6:46am On Mar 23, 2018
Onantefo is a prado replica.
Innoson g80 for 27 million naira?
Kantanka k71 looks like w164 ml
Möbius - land rover

11 Likes

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 23, 2018
If I buy that innoson G-wagon I go carry am go ladipo them go repackage am to real Benz grin grin grin

Those Ghanaians de copy copy. Parado and LR330

6 Likes

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by CarReg(m): 7:20am On Mar 23, 2018
Innoson G80 is my favorite..... It looks like G Class....
But these from Africa are not bad o, they looks cool...

Please get your and call on us to register it for you within 24 hours and we could even accept payment upon delivery....

CarReg is a registered service & logistic company with a secured Online 2 Offline (O2O) platform that helps in facilitating the renewal of your vehicle particulars and delivery.

We assist to do:
• Change of ownership
• New vehicle registration.
• Vehicle license renewal,
• 3rd party or comprehensive insurance
• Road worthiness renewal as well.

We deliver to every part on Nigeria

Patronizing a corporate organization for vehicle papers renewal guarantees original vehicle documentations.

Value Propositions:
| Payment on delivery | Delivery within 6 hours (Renewal) | Door step delivery Nationwide | 24 hours delivery (New Registration)| 5 days delivery (Change of ownership)|

Access the various vehicle particulars services on: https://carreg.com.ng/index.php?pg1-cid48_html or call us on 09090144706

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by galadima77(m): 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
so that G wagon wannabe costs #27 million?? or was it a typo error from the OP?... that's even thought provoking to say the least.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by mhisbliss(f): 6:54am On Mar 25, 2018
The price tags are just too high for pieces of metals fused together by Africans lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Auxiliary(m): 6:58am On Mar 25, 2018
Well, I'm interested...

Are they road worthy? Can they survive the Nigeria condition? Is the fuel-to-air ratio sustainable? How many years warranty? These and many more...

But can I get them all...

FOR FREE!!!

6 Likes

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Chriswazo(m): 7:00am On Mar 25, 2018
Why IVM d that costly na, made/coupled in Nigeria,27mil I don't understand o

7 Likes

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 25, 2018
so 150000 cedi equals 12million Naira? shocked embarassed

9 Likes

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by freshdude99(m): 7:08am On Mar 25, 2018
noupzy:
looking for someone that has good American accent contact me ASAP jchats@yahoo.com
Call Anto

3 Likes

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by agarawu23(m): 7:08am On Mar 25, 2018
mammanbawa:
Onantefo is a prado replica.
Innoson g80 for 27 million naira?
Kantanka k71 looks like w164 ml
Möbius - land rover
just imagine a 27m tag for that innoson crap and he expects Nigerians to use local cars. That Kenya mobius looks more attractive than that innoson g80 and it's been sold for 4.5m .thats how greedy we Nigerians are.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Georgry(m): 7:09am On Mar 25, 2018
so 60,000 Ghana cedis is approximately 5 million naira.
now I can understand why Nigeria is rubbish and our leaders both past and present are mad.
those still living out of those thieves should be tied along with their families to a stake and stone till death, even those dead should be given a deserved punishment along with their families.
I don't know if anybody have any idea of how they can be punished.
fake country.

10 Likes

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by hotplate: 7:10am On Mar 25, 2018
for me they are quite expensive to think they are produce in Africa is way beyond imagination
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by pedrilo: 7:10am On Mar 25, 2018
On the average, the Nigerian made is too pricey

1 Like

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by agarawu23(m): 7:11am On Mar 25, 2018
I now understand why people including our govt refused to buy from innoson. His cars are too expensive. 27m will buy a nice 2015 Toyota Highlander jeep and still have some change.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Fanatique: 7:12am On Mar 25, 2018
Vjj
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by nelsoncool28: 7:12am On Mar 25, 2018
27 million? I will rather buy Mercedes GLK 550. Made in nigeria blah blah blah

3 Likes

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:23am On Mar 25, 2018
Well, highlander is still my favourite
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:25am On Mar 25, 2018
Georgry:
now I can understand why Nigeria is rubbish and our leaders both past and present are mad.
those still living out of those thieves should be tied along with their families to a stake and stone till death, even those dead should be given a deserved punishment along with their families.
fake country.
Forget those trash about diff currency comparison.
Chinese yuan is trash go check it out and see

3 Likes

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by SoldierBoy1(m): 7:26am On Mar 25, 2018
Nice one, we're getting there.
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Dotng: 7:46am On Mar 25, 2018
Georgry:
fake country.

You are using the wrong measurement to compare Ghana to Nigeria. The right measurement is to compare standard of living, governance, economic progress and the business environment etc.

South Korea currency is a devalued currency because it wants to make its export attractive and discourage its citizens from depending on imports. It takes 1000 KRW to get NGN: 331, 91 Nigerian Naira's.

Also, 1,000 West African CFA Franc equals 676.80 Nigerian Naira.

Things are expensive in the West Coast. A litre of petrol cost about a Dollar while we buy fuel for less than half of a dollar. You can buy a can of malt for about N500. Automobiles cost more in Ghana than Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 25, 2018
galadima77:
so that G wagon wannabe costs #27 million?? or was it a typo error from the OP?... that's even thought provoking to say the least.
problem i have with bloggers. Posting unverified news anyhow

7 Likes

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by kolaaderin: 8:05am On Mar 25, 2018
agarawu23:
I now understand why people including our govt refused to buy from innoson. His cars are too expensive. 27m will buy a nice 2015 Toyota Highlander jeep and still have some change.
that is the price tag on 2017 Prado land cruiser. Innosine is not really ready for business all this while I have been thinking none of his vehicles should be over 10m.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by hisgrace090: 8:10am On Mar 25, 2018
The Ghanaian onantefo 4x4 is the winner.

The ride make sence.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Car Accidents: Some Facts And Statistics You Really Need To Know. / Lincoln Confirms New China-Made SUV To Suit Local Consumers / GAC Motor GA3S Price And Specifications (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.