Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Need Help Configuring And Setting Up Localhost - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need Help Configuring And Setting Up Localhost (1268 Views)

How To Install Banking Script On A Localhost Server / Mysql Connect Failed. Access Denied For User 'root'@'localhost' (using Password: / Run Your Wordpress Blog Offline On Mobile Phone - Localhost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help Configuring And Setting Up Localhost by GenghisAlexa1(m): 9:09am On Mar 23, 2018
Hello Good people,

Please epp.
I am trying to install xampp on my system, apache works fine( mainly cos I tweaked the port) but no matter how I do the same for the my.ini on the sql config, SQL won't start.

I wanted to use Web Platforms Installer before downloading the xampp from apachefriends, now the mysql in the xampp was saying SQL 5.1 is using the port. Then I switch to 3307 and it keeps saying the same thing, now I have deleted almost all the files that look like or have SQL in them.

I have deleted so many files trying to get this right, please help.
Re: Need Help Configuring And Setting Up Localhost by dogstyle007(m): 11:23am On Mar 23, 2018
did you install any msql app before? goto control panel and uninstall any msql related program and also uninstall xampp. Restart your PC and install xampp again and see if that works. Also if you have skype installed on your PC, you need to quit it before running xampp so it won't conflict with xampp port.
Re: Need Help Configuring And Setting Up Localhost by hostkobo(m): 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2018
Xampp could be sometimes buggy

Use SecureWamp instead

Its leanmeat and works like a charm

Regards
HK
Re: Need Help Configuring And Setting Up Localhost by buchibrand(m): 1:58pm On Mar 23, 2018
Skype is usually the culprit, turn it or any other similar app off. Then restart your computer and try again.
Re: Need Help Configuring And Setting Up Localhost by tuhamworld: 3:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
Why not kuku use Wampserver instead?

(1) (Reply)

Eventbrite Website Clone Needed / We Need Help With Driving Traffic To Our Website / New Johncms Script Modded By Me,but I Need Help From Wapmasters.. Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.