Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,073 members, 7,845,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs (29214 Views)

NBC Bans Ric Hassani’s ‘Thunder Fire You’ Song / NBC Bans Olamide's "Science Student" / No Ban On Olamide, Davido And 9ice’s Songs - NBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by Appetizer(m): 12:59pm On Mar 23, 2018
That logo is the foreign NBC channel logo and not the Naija NBC. Take note!!

2 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by onatisi(m): 1:00pm On Mar 23, 2018
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by Worksunlimited: 1:00pm On Mar 23, 2018
NBC should answer us one thing and one thing only.

Can it vouch that none of its staff members have not at one point or the other danced/nodded their head to Olamide's "Wo" song before?
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
UDOKABESTLUV:
@ WEBSITE

Less than 24 hours after the National Broadcasting Commission banned one of his recent songs, Wo, among others, from being played on the airwaves, popular rapper, Olamide Adedeji, has said that he never intended to cause harm to music fans with the song.

The rapper, popularly called Olamide, on Tuesday tweeted, “No intentions of promoting tobacco to get people killed. I love my people, I love my country. One love, one Nigeria.”

The NBC, on Tuesday, placed a ban on works by three of Nigeria’s top level music artistes for an alleged violation of its rules and regulations.

It named Olamide’s Wo and Wavi Level; a remix of Davido’s If and 9ice’s Living Things as the culprits in a current list of banned songs and music videos that it released to the public.

Although the commission did not give specific reasons for banning the songs, the decision may have been influenced by a recent reaction from the Federal Ministry of Health to the music video of Olamide’s new song.

Last Friday, in a message posted on Twitter, the ministry kicked against the video of Wo, released a few days ago and described the content as contravening the Tobacco Control Act of 2015.

The Ministry of Health also noted that the video contained scenes showing youths of different ages openly smoking substances believed to be either cigarettes or narcotics and concluded that such scenes could encourage second-hand smoking among underage children anywhere in the country.

However, this is the third time that the NBC has brought down its hammer on a popular song by Olamide.

The last time was 2016, when two other songs by the rapper were slammed for what the commission described as “obscene and indecent” lyrics.

Also, before the ban on 9ice’s Living Things, the song had been fingered as the subject of a statement by fellow rapper Falz, which urged Nigerian musicians in general to be mindful of the kind of messages that they passed to the public in their songs.

Falz had appeared to be genuinely concerned about the impact of such messages on the youth. He pointed out that artistes who saw nothing wrong about glorifying Internet fraud, drugs and other anti-social behaviour were not doing the society any good.

SOURCE: http://punchng.com/nbc-bans-olamide-davido-9ices-songs/amp/

This logo belongs to the NBC Inc in USA.
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
toffyz:
[color=#006600][/color] undecidedmtchew....what's the essense of d ban, when it has already spread out fire undecidedmtchew....what's the essense of d ban, when it has already spread out fire

oh
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by wonlasewonimi: 1:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
A bloody jobsworth just woke up and started banning songs
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by Lexusgs430: 1:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
Psalm45:
First to comment. grin grin

Psalm45 (4) - This is not entirely true, is it?

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by seanswitch(m): 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Before a song is released into the society, i expect NBC officials to listen to it first and then decide if it is suitable or not...but here they ban after such songs have enjoyed massive downloads and play at clubs. Common sense is not common in Nigeria

I'm not sure they have the right to ban people from singing about what they like. The best they can do is to prevent it been aired.
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by Truflexunits(m): 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2018
Rubbish! The so banned music's are already in circulation, NBC must be sleeping when the songs was released to the air.
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 23, 2018
kokoye:
NBC cant ban the songs on the internet so...more views for the songs.

Who listens to radio or watch local TV nowadays anyway?

Many persons do. Don't forget many children reside in rural areas
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by somude: 1:05pm On Mar 23, 2018
NBC is Baning, Nigerians are Fajjying!!!!
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by sammy4life1(m): 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2018
Psalm45:
First to comment. grin grin
On which post

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by kastroud(m): 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Before a song is released into the society, i expect NBC officials to listen to it first and then decide if it is suitable or not...but here they ban after such songs have enjoyed massive downloads and play at clubs. Common sense is not common in Nigeria
. if u know the number of songs released in Nigeria per week u won't be talking like this. truth is they can only censor what they see and if they don't see them then that's another thing coz there are a lot of upcoming artist who blab all this stuff and more and yet their videos don't reach anybody. u can't expect NBC to be disturbed with all those people.
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by tiwiex(m): 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2018
UDOKABESTLUV:
@ WEBSITE

Less than 24 hours after the National Broadcasting Commission banned one of his recent songs, Wo, among others, from being played on the airwaves, popular rapper, Olamide Adedeji, has said that he never intended to cause harm to music fans with the song.

The rapper, popularly called Olamide, on Tuesday tweeted, “No intentions of promoting tobacco to get people killed. I love my people, I love my country. One love, one Nigeria.”

The NBC, on Tuesday, placed a ban on works by three of Nigeria’s top level music artistes for an alleged violation of its rules and regulations.

It named Olamide’s Wo and Wavi Level; a remix of Davido’s If and 9ice’s Living Things as the culprits in a current list of banned songs and music videos that it released to the public.

Although the commission did not give specific reasons for banning the songs, the decision may have been influenced by a recent reaction from the Federal Ministry of Health to the music video of Olamide’s new song.

Last Friday, in a message posted on Twitter, the ministry kicked against the video of Wo, released a few days ago and described the content as contravening the Tobacco Control Act of 2015.

The Ministry of Health also noted that the video contained scenes showing youths of different ages openly smoking substances believed to be either cigarettes or narcotics and concluded that such scenes could encourage second-hand smoking among underage children anywhere in the country.

However, this is the third time that the NBC has brought down its hammer on a popular song by Olamide.

The last time was 2016, when two other songs by the rapper were slammed for what the commission described as “obscene and indecent” lyrics.

Also, before the ban on 9ice’s Living Things, the song had been fingered as the subject of a statement by fellow rapper Falz, which urged Nigerian musicians in general to be mindful of the kind of messages that they passed to the public in their songs.

Falz had appeared to be genuinely concerned about the impact of such messages on the youth. He pointed out that artistes who saw nothing wrong about glorifying Internet fraud, drugs and other anti-social behaviour were not doing the society any good.

Falz should please shoosh off. He sang a song discouraging education over show biz. i can't remember the title but I was shocked it came from him. The message was so clear I am surprised it was not banned.
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by ekiyorA(m): 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2018
Them go ban am 4 my laptop?
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by Diso60090(m): 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2018
This regime is really strong na so so backwards them know how to do things to
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by dynicks(m): 1:08pm On Mar 23, 2018
sammy4life1:

On which post
lol...bros u people won't kill me ooo!....please ask him again

Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by Nedfed(m): 1:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
Op love reading old news
Wo!!! Ke
After which Olamide don release Science student.
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by shine12: 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
We are still using a moral and conservative compass to curtail economic growth. Songs that have the potential to contribute to the economy through their purchase in one form or the other have been truncated. Economic development did not come to the countries we call developed today until the hand of conservative aristocrats/religious authority waned off. What government t should only do is regulate and provide a platform for private capital and economic growth through the initiation of policies that will facilitate more growth.
There were great civilizations in the Arab world way before the Europeans knew what was called technology, but it died off the day they started the journey towards an ideology(Islam) that has a disdain for everything outside of the scope of Islam and that’s why a lot of these conservatively religious countries are still in the 14th century. Innovation & modern technology are not actually a monopoly that western countries enjoy but man finding solutions to tasks that are deemed repetitive or less efficient. Algebra, Science, and astronomy have great roots in Arabia but Islam killed those things off.

I don’t even know if I have diverged from the topic. Anyway my 1 kobo for today. Its Friday!!
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by chigy3: 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
this news is very old. pls post something recent.
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by galadima77(m): 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2018
is it possible to unban a song?
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by talk2percy(m): 1:50pm On Mar 23, 2018
Why, wetin them do?
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by adafancy: 1:56pm On Mar 23, 2018
Elevantix Consulting is recruiting a Regional Sales Manager for a beverages company, headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria.

Job Locations: ENUGU and LAGOS

Requirements/Experience:

• Candidate must have a Minimum of 6 years in Sales; preferably in the carbonated beverages industry or similar.
• You will lead the commercial operation of a designated territory within a region.
• Develop direct and indirect sales channels by coming up with appropriate plans and measurement tools which will grow the company’s volume, raise its profitability and increase the market share of its brands.

If you are dynamic go-getter and a team player who will contribute to the success of your team, your department and your company, then apply for this role today.

Please send your CV to recruiter1@elevantix.com using Job Title Regional Sales Manager (Location) as subject of the mail.
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by Teespice(f): 1:58pm On Mar 23, 2018
how come science students wasn't banned as well.
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by hadaydhollarpo(m): 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2018
Iyajelili:
NBC should listen more to those songs and party with them jareee. They are singing what majority of Nigerian wants
singing what the lustful n already destroyed youths want @ the expense of destroying the young lads?

Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by Iyajelili(f): 2:12pm On Mar 23, 2018
hadaydhollarpo:

singing what the lustful n already destroyed youths want @ the expense of destroying the young lads?
Tohh can you please proffer a solution? They'll still not listen cos all they want is to dance to song not listen to the lyrics.
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by Enemyofpeace: 2:26pm On Mar 23, 2018
NBC and lala are from the same family lineage
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by kinzation(m): 2:30pm On Mar 23, 2018
dosage150:
yes that Davido's song IF
My little brother have been asking me what is "Chuku chuku"
kindly tell him it's a short name for CHUKWUDI
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by Sixaxis: 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2018
dosage150:
yes that Davido's song IF
My little brother have been asking me what is "Chuku chuku"

Tell am say na sharp objects like knife, nails and scissors..to chuk someone. undecided
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by Karlosorji(m): 2:48pm On Mar 23, 2018
What abt wizkids manya. Doping publicly

[/quote]
Re: NBC Bans Olamide, Davido, 9ice’s Songs by emonkey(m): 3:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
nairavsdollars:

This is not Taliban country

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ife Okan Mi By Bukunmi Oluwasina / Davido - Jowo (Official Video) / "Arabanko": Harrysong Slams Kcee In New Song (Audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.