Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student (36221 Views)

Cynthia Okafor Is University Of Ibadan Best Pharmacy Graduating Student / Timi Adelakun Breaks South Broward School's Records With A Record-Setting GPA / Chiamaka Linda Mgbechidinma, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Female Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by Absuchat(m): 10:13pm On Mar 23, 2018
IgbosAreOsus:

Are you serious grin
The chief skullminers... A case of big fat black kettle calling a tiny pot black.

Your brother reverend kings is still I custody.

If you want to bag a doctorate in skull mining technology, your best institution will be OKIJA SHRINE.

Hahaha... I guess that is where baddoo that nearly wiped out the entire west also started?

I repeat myself, all the good skulls in the west have been "mined", the rest are just marginal skulls.

You have diverted again to mention "rev. Kings"
that set his members ablaze.... And you forgot to mention TB Joshua that used more than 20 members of his church for ritual (whose case is still in curt).

Keep migrating from topic to topic, am here, am not going anywhere soon.
Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by Yankee101: 10:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
If Ibadan, Zaria, Awka or Lagos says they are good, then they are good anywhere in the World.
Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by Absuchat(m): 10:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
IgbosAreOsus:
Lol What a retar.d
Please prove what you said about tb Joshua
Shows how demented you are.
So tell me, why will you not win the "biggest fool" award?

Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 23, 2018
Absuchat:

So tell me, why will you not win the "biggest fool" award?
Lol
Typed you a demented osu dolt like you.
Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by Absuchat(m): 10:25pm On Mar 23, 2018
IgbosAreOsus:
Lol Typed you a demented osu dolt like you.
Proudly Osu, teaching you the lesson of your life here. I don't say anything that doesn't have proof. Unlike animals of your type that generate and propagate fallacy.
Osu slave
Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by osazsky(m): 10:39pm On Mar 23, 2018
why is it that girls who graduates with first class has d same face and shape
Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by sleem2017(m): 10:44pm On Mar 23, 2018
Congratulation dear, it's not easy to bagged with first class kudos to you may God continue increase your knowledge amen

1 Like

Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by sleem2017(m): 10:46pm On Mar 23, 2018
Congratulation dear, it's not easy to bagged with first class my almighty God continue to increase your knowledge amen.

1 Like

Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 23, 2018
ishowdotgmail:
Adelakun Adenike, in her early 20s, emerged as the best graduating student of the Faculty of Pharmacy University of Ibadan in the 2016/2017 academic session with 6.8 CGPA out of the maximum 7.0. In this interview with Adebisi Yusuff Adebayo she speaks about her tortuous journey to academic excellence.

Interviewer: Tell us about yourself

Adenike: The first of four children, a fashion designer in my spare time. I am from Osun state, Atakumosa West Local Government. I had my senior secondary school years at Oladipo Alayande, School of Science, Oke-Bola, Ibadan while my Junior Secondary School was at Queens School, Apata, Ibadan.

Interviewer: Why did you choose pharmacy?

Adenike: For me, it was simply my love for chemistry, so I searched for professions that fit in with this, pharmacy stood out for me. The plus to this was it had other areas in it with the aim of providing care. On a light note, I had always jokingly said as a kid that I wanted to discover a drug.

Interviewer: What were the things you found interesting about pharmacy?

Adenike: There is this awesome feeling when you discover a potential drug-drug interaction on a prescription, inappropriate or unnecessary medications. How we could do so much regardless of unfavourable circumstances, pharmacy school is a toughening ground. The blend of subjects from nuclear magnetic resonance to pharmacy laws to trichomes. It was hardcore but it literally gave the super power feeling. I usually tell myself ‘with all I have done in pharmacy school, I have the strength for the tasks ahead’. Pharmaceutics extemporaneous preparation labs were interesting, you could make an elegant preparation and still get zero because of a wrong label. Our lecturer always say ‘a wrong label mean a poison, and you just killed someone’ literarily. Though, the intricate details in pharmacy school stood out for me, the interesting stories in pharmacy school includes my classmates, the stalwarts, we have been through a lot and we had the laughs too.

Interviewer: is pharmacy really hard?

Adenike: Is pharmacy hard? Yes. Is pharmacy really hard? No. Pharmacy stretches you within your elastic limit, it seemed tough at first but we grew strong.

Interviewer: What CGPA did you graduate with and what were your GPs in each levels for the five years?

Adenike: I graduated with a CGPA of 6.8 out of the max. 7.0

100 level: 6.9/7.0

200 level: 6.8/7.0

300 level: 6.9/7.0

400 level: 6.8/7.0

Interviewer: Given the volume of work, what was your reading pattern like?

Adenike: There is no clear cut reading pattern. I have this sense of responsibility to know and so most times I would write notes alongside my lecture notes or slides, in addition to those ones, I utilized notes I got from Google and also videos on YouTube. Everything is literarily on the internet. The course determines how I read. I start reading early before the tests rush. These things are not cast in stones; the course determines the reading style. The utmost thing was I prayerfully read. It was not about the length of the reading but about the quality of what was read. Watching a video on a subject could reduce the time it takes to understand a course material, it might look stressful but it is worth it, it also widens my knowledge on the subject matter.

Interviewer: Having 6.8 CGPA couldn’t have come easy, how did you do it?

Adenike: I did not do it alone. God walked through the journey with me. You might think this is cliché but it is the truth. There was my place of hard work, consistency, prioritizing my schedules, taking the extra mile, talking with people who push you. God amplified all these and we all see the result now.

Interviewer: Were you in a relationship?

Adenike: Yes.

Interviewer: What advice do you have for pharmacy students?

Adenike: Choose to stay tough regardless of what life throws at you. Choose to love your profession, you can only make sacrifice for something you love. Checkout how pharmacy is practiced in other countries, I do that a lot, pharmacy is unique and dynamic. Talk to God about your daily pharmacy hurdles, they say a problem shared is a problem half solved, now imagine when you share the problem with God.

It is worthy of note that 14 other graduands also clinched first class namely:

OKORO Maureen Chibuzor
OWOLOWO Funmilayo Mosadijeofa
OYETUNDE Yemisi Mary
ODUNSANYA Anuoluwapo Esther
AUDU Rukayat Ohunene
ADEWUSI Shukuralilai Abidemi
OMO-SOWHO Uvie Blaise
SANUSI Dolapo Asisat
AKIKUOWO Abosede
BABALOLA Tolulope Stephen
ALADE Jeremiah Adewuyi
AGBEBI Emmanuel Ayodeji
OMOTUYI Adeola Tunmike
OYETUNDE Yemisi Mary

https://rxhealthinfo./2018/03/23/meet-ms-adelakun-adenike-the-overall-best-graduating-student-faculty-of-pharmacy-university-of-ibadan-2016-2017-session/

If it's because of your love for chemistry, ah ahn why don't you kuku study "Chemistry"
Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 23, 2018
YORUBA DEMONS........Na we we

OWOLOWO Funmilayo Mosadijeofa OYETUNDE Yemisi Mary ODUNSANYA Anuoluwapo Esther AUDU Rukayat Ohunene ADEWUSI Shukuralilai Abidemi
SANUSI Dolapo Asisat AKIKUOWO Abosede BABALOLA Tolulope Stephen ALADE Jeremiah Adewuyi AGBEBI Emmanuel Ayodeji OMOTUYI Adeola Tunmike OYETUNDE Yemisi Mary
Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 23, 2018
ishowdotgmail:

Law faculty had 21 first class too (first of its kind in UI)..... Out of the 21, 18 were females

Dem dey use their kini to kolet mark
Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by Sylverly(m): 12:11am On Mar 24, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
is it by having first class in pharmacy, aunty oya do and open a chemist shop. On behalf of the street yahoo boys we are more than ready to patronize by buying cartons of codeine and some satchets of tramadol for our night business. Peace! 11th commandment "thou shall quote me not"
I choose to quote you so that you will not keep wallowing in ignorance. A pharmacist is/will always differ from a patent drug dealer..A pharmacist understands the rudiments of drugs dispensing, drug-drug interaction, pharmacological actions of drugs, has the right to dispense poison(following the necessary procedures), dispense prescription only drugs, etc. I ll advise you to always visit a pharmacy with certified pharmacist in charge for your drug related issue. Remember, wrong medication kills. Thousands have gone down 6ft due to wrong medication, dosage,etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by mechanics(m): 5:20am On Mar 24, 2018
Congrats to her.
Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by Adexy4us(m): 5:40am On Mar 24, 2018
FrenchWay:

Those with brains are usually as ugly as fucckk kiss

but the girl here isn't that ugly and not beautiful cry
FrenchWay:

but the girl here isn't that ugly and not beautiful
Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by israelmao(m): 6:43am On Mar 24, 2018
FrenchWay:

Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by israelmao(m): 6:44am On Mar 24, 2018
FrenchWay:
Fallacy of generalization.
Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by radhikajogi: 8:38am On Mar 24, 2018
Gerrard59:
Congratulations girl. Pharmacy = an advanced form of chemistry. Astrazeneca is calling you.
good
Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by mustylaw45(m): 8:49am On Mar 24, 2018
ishowdotgmail:

The more brilliant and intelligent girls in Nigeria are always ugly? While the pretty girls are are only intelligent with dick mechanism.

Re: Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student by ollah2: 2:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
Elxandre:

You see how shallow and stupid you are?
People like you killed this forum for most decent minds with your insanity.

There are many sane Yorubas like me who don't think with their rears.

How did Seun allow this forum to denigrate to this for chrissakes?

Every thread i visit makes me puke from tribalistic m.orons who have nothing to offer humanity.

It's honestly annoying. NL back then was the real deal but it's just something else now. It's always about religion and tribe, these two things will eat us and it's very obvious from NL. The largest forum in Africa.

It's 2018 and Seun can't still fix this
Seun can't make a working app for Andrid and iOS
Seun can't make NL like Quora and Reddit

NL is older than the aforementioned apps but they aren't only popular but also far ahead. It cost Seun nothing to cleanse this site and get working apps for it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Threatened With Expulsion By Ukrainian Universities Cry Out / Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You / Nigerian Lecturers Spend Tetfund Research Grants On Cars, Houses – Tetfund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.