Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Finland- Frozen Sea (photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Finland- Frozen Sea (photos) (4345 Views)

An All-Female Pilot Crew Crashed The U.S Navy Spy Plane In The Sea (Photos) / My First Snow Experience In Finland — Frozen Cold Temperature (photos, Video) / Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finland- Frozen Sea (photos) by revontuli(f): 1:09am On Mar 25, 2018
pansophist:

I lived in Tornio actually. By bike, it was 5 mins to Haparanda, Sweden. And yes, NL is beautiful. I m always in awe when I bike around the canals at night, as the street lamps illuminate through the canal. After experiencing all these, I got pissed at Nigeria the more, it is all what we could become, but chose not to.

What do you do in the Netherlands?
If all those smart and highly educated Nigerians abroad went into politics in Nigeria, and got elected, a lot of things could change. No need to even look at Europe, look at Rwanda, they are generated $400 million income from tourism. Kigali is safer than Helsinki if you check the crime statistics and surveys. Nigeria has so much great potential, tourism could generate massive income and create loads of jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Finland- Frozen Sea (photos) by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 25, 2018
revontuli:

I'm not Nigerian but there are Nigerians here. I had a Nigerian software engineer colleague at my old workplace. I work for a big corp. There are students, prostitutes, African shop owners from Nigeria!

of what origin are you then.
Re: Finland- Frozen Sea (photos) by revontuli(f): 2:20am On Mar 25, 2018
WinningSun:

of what origin are you then.

American oyinbo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Finland- Frozen Sea (photos) by Nobody: 2:22am On Mar 25, 2018
revontuli:

American oyinbo cheesy
Abeg talk jare. you be hustler
Re: Finland- Frozen Sea (photos) by revontuli(f): 2:35am On Mar 25, 2018
WinningSun:

Abeg talk jare. you be hustler

What is jare?
Re: Finland- Frozen Sea (photos) by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 25, 2018
revontuli:

What is jare?
ok enjoy yourself on this site
Re: Finland- Frozen Sea (photos) by pansophist(m): 8:13am On Mar 25, 2018
revontuli:

What do you do in the Netherlands?
If all those smart and highly educated Nigerians abroad went into politics in Nigeria and got elected, a lot of things could change. No need to even look at Europe, look at Rwanda, they have generated $400 million income from tourism. Kigali is safer than Helsinki if you check the crime statistics and surveys. Nigeria has so much great potential, tourism could generate massive income and create loads of jobs.

I run my own business here in the Netherlands.

And unto your reasoning for educated Nigerians to go into politics, well, I do not know what to say about that, but personally, I feel Nigeria is not ripe for such. People will rather vote candidates that share same tribe and religion, not necessarily the man that will do the right thing. As someone that doesn't do religion, I doubt I will have a chance in that country to be elected.

I will rather choose to be the president of my own business (think Dangote, Jeff Bezos) than carry the baggage of ruling a largely uneducated population. Smart people are evenly distributed across the world. I am sure with a population close to 200M, there are more than enough revolutionary leaders inshore that can carry the mantle of leadership and revolutionize the country.
Re: Finland- Frozen Sea (photos) by Eife(m): 8:34am On Mar 25, 2018
Ojoro123:

No offence but I don’t think Nigeria can attain to that in next Century.
pansophist:

I run my own business here in the Netherlands.

And unto your reasoning for educated Nigerians to go into politics, well, I do not know what to say about that, but personally, I feel Nigeria is not ripe for such. People will rather vote candidates that share same tribe and religion, not necessarily the man that will do the right thing. As someone that doesn't do religion, I doubt I will have a chance in that country to be elected.

I will rather choose to be the president of my own business (think Dangote, Jeff Bezos) than carry the baggage of ruling a largely uneducated population. Smart people are evenly distributed across the world. I am sure with a population close to 200M, there are more than enough revolutionary leaders inshore that can carry the mantle of leadership and revolutionize the country.
Ojoro123:

No offence but I don’t think Nigeria can attain to that in next Century.

This one you guys are just talking about another man's country
Help a brother out please
I want to travel
It has been my dream since childhood
Even if it's student visa just put me through please
Re: Finland- Frozen Sea (photos) by pansophist(m): 8:37am On Mar 25, 2018
Eife:

This one you guys are just talking about another man's country
Help a brother out please
I want to travel
It has been my dream since childhood
Even if it's student visa just put me through please

Why not ask your question straight up? Most importantly, if you have the finances, the qualification, and necessary information (which I can help you with), coming as a student is a piece of cake.
Re: Finland- Frozen Sea (photos) by Eife(m): 8:58am On Mar 25, 2018
pansophist:

Why not ask your question straight up? Most importantly, if you have the finances, the qualification, and necessary information (which I can help you with), coming as a student is a piece of cake.

Finances for now No( even the school I'm in now, I hustle for myself with no help from families)
Try to help me with the necessary information. And how to get a student /work visa
Re: Finland- Frozen Sea (photos) by pansophist(m): 9:01am On Mar 25, 2018
Eife:

Finances for now No( even the school I'm in now, I hustle for myself with no help from families)
Try to help me with the necessary information. And how to get a student /work visa

Then I am sorry. Without money, you won't be able to finance your study abroad. Unless its a scholarship which its close to impossible to get. So go out there and hustle hard, make the money, and we can talk.
Re: Finland- Frozen Sea (photos) by Addy9: 9:33am On Mar 25, 2018
good morning, please I'll be glad if you can help me get to Netherlands as tht financial aspect is well covered and am also a graduate... thanks
L
Re: Finland- Frozen Sea (photos) by boombah: 1:53pm On Mar 25, 2018
Please I need help in getting to any of the countries in EU, NL / Finland. I'd love a work visa really. I have the necessary qualification as a graduate. Kindly get at me for any useful information.
Thanks
Re: Finland- Frozen Sea (photos) by Godsonice(m): 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2018
Will really like to get university recommendation from you. Thanks bro!
pansophist:

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Plight Of Nigerians In Cape Verde Island / Your Visa Application Has Been Rejected As Nigerian Passport Holder - UAE / If You Are looking for Usa Visa Appointment Date Abuja or Lagos. Pls Call Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.