Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,458 members, 7,954,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:36 AM

I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? (21557 Views)

With 194 In JAMB, Can I Gain Admission To Study Computer Science / I Scored 188 In Jamb Can I Stil Go For Computer Science / Jamb:can I Correct This Mistake? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by Masterboi(m): 10:12am On Mar 24, 2018
I score 151 in my jamb. And I applied unimaid. Is they anyway they will give me admission.??
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by Aremson14(m): 10:13am On Mar 24, 2018
I know sme one who scored 250 for mbbs in unilorin is there hope?
The person is also from ilorin
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 24, 2018
mimyselfai:
ABSU! Is that one a university too? 200 should get you in sef.
That same school had produced twice the best med surge student in Nigeria...
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by Mires: 10:29am On Mar 24, 2018
It surprises my imagination why prospective students will opt for State universities as first choice. The cost implications to their parents and guardians is second to none. Nonetheless, the choice has been made. Firstly, congrats on your lofty performance if the effort was all yours because I am an apostle of it is more honourable to fail than to cheat.

Secondly, post UTME has come to stay. Hence, it is left for you to prove that the score is actually yours.

In addition, I will advised you to ascertain if ABSU adopts O Level grade alongside in deciding candidates chance of being admitted. For instance, with your O Level grade mostly C, if you had applied to the premier and first and the best University, popularly referred to as Ui, I would advised you to opt for a change in order for your effort not to be an exercise in futility.

Lastly, best of luck
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by thedondada(m): 10:42am On Mar 24, 2018
freemeicid:

JAMB Cut off Marks 2018/2019 for all Nigerian Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges

https://jamb.org.ng/cut-off-marks-2018

Bloggers.

Lol. First it's not jamb website.

2nd I never new that NDA uses jamb as an exam for admission or has it changed now.

Chai. Bloggers.
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by PTI87: 11:08am On Mar 24, 2018
if u are from abia state then your score is Ok but i would advice u to inquire if they use O level in determing admission cut off mark if they do u should change to less competitive medical course like medical lab science,medical optometry,physiotherapy,dentistry or medical rehabitation.i believe u already no the fee is expensive for absu
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by akmath: 11:26am On Mar 24, 2018
you just wan show us your score,you try sha. I believe you can secure admission with that score cuz most of the results wey I don see no reach some people likes for Nairaland...
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by aguking: 11:41am On Mar 24, 2018
my cousin scored 314 in jamb nd he wants to study medicine and surgery in uniuyo,though he is non native,do u think he will get it
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by MYHUBBY: 11:50am On Mar 24, 2018
Depreacherman:

big error! Let him forget unilag and lasu.. The subject combination is wrong and unilag and lasu don't joke with that. Economics and commerce don't go together in those school. Let him just look for very less competitive school

thanks bro for your quote. I guess he's going to change to delsu

do u know he can go about the change of course and institution
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by RealMillennial(m): 11:54am On Mar 24, 2018
My brother you can get Medicine even at University of Pennsylvania. Relax!
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by ahamonyeka(m): 12:03pm On Mar 24, 2018
dem they mad wet dem no go give you admin? shey abia state join?
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by kokostick(m): 12:59pm On Mar 24, 2018
This jamb this days way person go d house score 250...
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by Orpe7(m): 1:06pm On Mar 24, 2018
Do we look like the VC Admin?
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by Izublingz64: 1:10pm On Mar 24, 2018
ABSU doesn't do post-utme?
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by durasome(m): 1:19pm On Mar 24, 2018
Driftingking:
I scored 283 in jamb, and I wanna study Medicine in ABSU, how possible is it, or should I change my course?

Since its a competitive course, and people say ABSU is too Indigenous... Am considering a change of school.
I need your advice's please...
NB: I had mostly C's in my O'level.. Wished post UME was still here, would have done better...
Please I need advise,..
.If you are not from that state,then don't go wasting your time cause you can never be considered for that course in that school.
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by kelvinklein219(m): 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2018
esthy86:
bros oya tell me,which uni is do u tink is de best ,cos ,I made absu my second choice
My broda, i don't know o, i don't blv in all this best school stuff... Just make anyone you attend the best for you.
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by MrRichy(m): 1:56pm On Mar 24, 2018
mimyselfai:

Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by Delivar(m): 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2018
nony43:
283 can't take you anywhere close to medicine, pls try another course
Na wah o. What score will get him medicine then? 399?
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by Alabaintprice(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2018
You can get medicine in any scul in nigeria with that score. Make sure you put ur state scul as first choice den any other scul.... Also read well for your post ume. If you ablento pass well on you post ume den u will get admission on merit
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by MrEgghead(m): 2:59pm On Mar 24, 2018
Delivar:

Na wah o. What score will get him medicine then? 399?
Sometimes, the way some people on Nairaland makes conclusions amazes me..They forgot the fact that general performance determines whether a particular score is good enough or not.Thus, you must not score 300+ plus to get medicine..performances vary every year. In 2014, due to mass failure, I knew of two Guys who got medicine in Uniben with 220 and 224 but last year a lady with 305 couldn't get medicine in UI.

If all boils down on what the guy feels about his score but to me 283 is a good score for any course in a state university.

If he's ready to work hard and he's utterly enthusiastic about medicine, he may eventually make medicine with that score but if he's complacent and sceptical, he may not make it at the end.

To the guy who said 283 can not get him anywhere near medicine, you need to start applying acumen while analysing situations critically rather that jumping into naive and unpardonable conclusions because it depicts buffoonery and impetuosity.

2 Likes

Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by Wonderz1: 3:03pm On Mar 24, 2018
PLS I SCORED 262 IN JAMB WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF GETTING ADMISSION FOR LAW AT UNN
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by mechanics(m): 3:16pm On Mar 24, 2018
Sure, prepare well for the post UTME and hope you made your SSCE in one sitting?
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by zekepio(m): 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2018
Judolisco:
Jamb question angry
U can study medicine in any sch with dhis score
I doubt!
I scored 283 last year. I was not offered admission at all.
P.S: I have excellent Waec grades.
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by kenneth3428(m): 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2018
No mind talks. Med surg no be beans for ABSU. First have your money then study Cus it's a very serious course.
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by Judolisco(m): 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2018
zekepio:

I doubt!
I scored 283 last year. I applied for medicine in Uniabuja. I was not offered admission at all.
P.S: I have excellent Waec grades.
that score qualifies u to study medicine in any school in Nigeria uniabuja was battling with MDCN issues last year I guess, and we r in Nigeria in a country of who knows who.
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by Edoziesmart(m): 5:24pm On Mar 24, 2018
esthy86:
is uniport OK,or Michael okpara federal uni of agric

Uniport is over good to compare to that noisy school called umudike university.

Choose uniport if you want to learn
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by Edoziesmart(m): 5:27pm On Mar 24, 2018
MrEgghead:

Sometimes, the way some people on Nairaland makes conclusions amazes me..They forgot the fact that general performance determines whether a particular score is good enough or not.Thus, you must not score 300+ plus to get medicine..performances vary every year. In 2014, due to mass failure, I knew of two Guys who got medicine in Uniben with 220 and 224 but last year a lady with 305 couldn't get medicine in UI.

If all boils down on what the guy feels about his score but to me 283 is a good score for any course in a state university.

If he's ready to work hard and he's utterly enthusiastic about medicine, he may eventually make medicine with that score but if he's complacent and sceptical, he may not make it at the end.

To the guy who said 283 can not get him anywhere near medicine, you need to start applying acumen while analysing situations critically rather that jumping into naive and unpardonable conclusions because it depicts buffoonery and impetuosity.

The only reasonable response here.

The rest are bunch of jokers that don't know what to say.
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by esthy86(f): 5:27pm On Mar 24, 2018
Edoziesmart:
Uniport is over good to compare to that noisy school called umudike university.
Choose uniport if you want to learn
tnxs alot
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by Edoziesmart(m): 5:28pm On Mar 24, 2018
Masterboi:
I score 151 in my jamb. And I applied unimaid. Is they anyway they will give me admission.??

My friend go to poly or college of education.

University general cut off mark is 180
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by labzyhero(m): 6:30pm On Mar 24, 2018
<3 :-P =)
Re: I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University? by Gracyswizy(f): 6:34pm On Mar 24, 2018
Come on,will u keep quite?,rubbish human being,you din build university before?
mimyselfai:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JAMB: Fraudsters Take Control Of Our Site, Divert N10m Allowance Of Ad-hoc Staff / Should I Acquire My First Degree From National Open University? / Complete Timetable For The May/june 2018 WASSCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.