Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Between Education And Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between Education And Marriage (476 Views)

God's Role In Choice Of A Life Partner And Marriage For Christians / I Never Gave Up On Love And Marriage –Abiara’s New Wife Who Got Married At 56 / When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Education And Marriage by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 24, 2018
Much emphasis is made on choosing a partner not because of their financial status (girls not marrying a man because he’s rich or not). And we all agree because it makes sense, I mean, no one knows tomorrow...

But when it comes to educational compatibility with your partner I’m surprised to find out that a lot of us think it’s not a good idea to be with someone that is more educationally qualified or less than you are...

Speaking for myself now and the few strong women around me that only have their O’Level but have things going on for them. I’m going to try and differentiate education from Intelligence with an excerpt I got from Quora

I read: Education (in its purest form) is providing you with access to information for you to learn. Intelligence is the way we process that information, create connections, inferences and extensions and take that learning to new places that education didn’t lead us.
To paraphrase a quote I heard somewhere: Education is learning that a tomato is technically a fruit, Intelligence is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. Meaning I don’t need education to be intelligent but sure do need Intelligence for the right application of education

I am an intelligent woman and as far as conversations go I am never lacking except in specialized knowledge like doctoring, law and the likes. Which would be the same case if I was an accountant and married to a doctor

I know am intelligent because I’ve interviewed graduates but refused to be shocked at how badly a lot of them performed. I once dated a guy that wanted me to lie to his family that I was a graduate in order to be accepted (I no get certificate, if them want come help me with a better job nko). I left him because he tied all my worth to a piece of paper and to think that he came out with a first class and is a business man, a business that has nothing to do with what he studied: meaning his certificate was lying somewhere at home.

I have been with two guys that made me feel insecure about not having a certificate. You hear sentences like: you’re too smart not to have a degree. One time I wanted to put everything on hold and just go to school to end all this, I felt I was losing good guys because I didn’t have a degree. Then I went on to register in a part time/distance learning institution only to have a rethink and put it hold because I realized I was going to school to be found worthy of a man not because I needed the certificate or because I’ve seen it importance to me (plus I no even get the money sef). But here’s the thing: a lot of us girls like that were incapacitated, our backgrounds are much different from the girls you know. We’re usually the first child, we lost our fathers, we have siblings not less than two(2) in number looking up to us, we are independent while trying to keep the Christian values and I could go on.

Do we still want to further our education? Most definitely! In the nearest future. I’m making some money now, I have my own business, I have both short and long term goals. And if a man that’s interested in me sees the potentials in me, sees how far I’ve come from where I was and where I plan on being but still ties my worth to a certificate then that man doesn’t deserve me and you.

When such teachings come from the pulpit they should be dealt with appropriately. An intelligent woman controls the world around her, breaks it and builds her own. A man knows her when he sees her.

Just as money or the lack of it doesn’t guarantee a successful marriage, so does education or the the lack of it doesn’t guarantee a successful marriage

Disclaimer: I am in no way discouraging women from going to school; I’m rather encouraging those that have things going on for them but haven’t gone to school and are being stigmatized and/or sidelined because of it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Between Education And Marriage by Ranchhoddas: 8:01am On Mar 24, 2018
This thing feel like wet in fit enter front page ooo....
Alert me if e don enter.
Re: Between Education And Marriage by CuteMadridista: 8:11am On Mar 24, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
This thing feel like wet in fit enter front page ooo....

Alert me if e don enter.

All iz well!
Re: Between Education And Marriage by stephleena(f): 8:33am On Mar 24, 2018
nice..education doesn't really determines how successful u might turn out to be in life..if u re lucky to have it utilize, it to the fullest..but if not,work on ur inner potentials.it's all good

1 Like

Re: Between Education And Marriage by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 24, 2018
Thoniameek:
Much emphasis is made on choosing a partner not because of their financial status (girls not marrying a man because he’s rich or not). And we all agree because it makes sense, I mean, no one knows tomorrow...

But when it comes to educational compatibility with your partner I’m surprised to find out that a lot of us think it’s not a good idea to be with someone that is more educationally qualified or less than you are...

Speaking for myself now and the few strong women around me that only have their O’Level but have things going on for them. I’m going to try and differentiate education from Intelligence with an excerpt I got from Quora

I read: Education (in its purest form) is providing you with access to information for you to learn. Intelligence is the way we process that information, create connections, inferences and extensions and take that learning to new places that education didn’t lead us.
To paraphrase a quote I heard somewhere: Education is learning that a tomato is technically a fruit, Intelligence is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. Meaning I don’t need education to be intelligent but sure do need Intelligence for the right application of education

I am an intelligent woman and as far as conversations go I am never lacking except in specialized knowledge like doctoring, law and the likes. Which would be the same case if I was an accountant and married to a doctor

I know am intelligent because I’ve interviewed graduates but refused to be shocked at how badly a lot of them performed. I once dated a guy that wanted me to lie to his family that I was a graduate in order to be accepted (I no get certificate, if them want come help me with a better job nko). I left him because he tied all my worth to a piece of paper and to think that he came out with a first class and is a business man, a business that has nothing to do with what he studied: meaning his certificate was lying somewhere at home.

I have been with two guys that made me feel insecure about not having a certificate. You hear sentences like: you’re too smart not to have a degree. One time I wanted to put everything on hold and just go to school to end all this, I felt I was losing good guys because I didn’t have a degree. Then I went on to register in a part time/distance learning institution only to have a rethink and put it hold because I realized I was going to school to be found worthy of a man not because I needed the certificate or because I’ve seen it importance to me (plus I no even get the money sef). But here’s the thing: a lot of us girls like that were incapacitated, our backgrounds are much different from the girls you know. We’re usually the first child, we lost our fathers, we have siblings not less than two(2) in number looking up to us, we are independent while trying to keep the Christian values and I could go on.

Do we still want to further our education? Most definitely! In the nearest future. I’m making some money now, I have my own business, I have both short and long term goals. And if a man that’s interested in me sees the potentials in me, sees how far I’ve come from where I was and where I plan on being but still ties my worth to a certificate then that man doesn’t deserve me and you.

When such teachings come from the pulpit they should be dealt with appropriately. An intelligent woman controls the world around her, breaks it and builds her own. A man knows her when he sees her.

Just as money or the lack of it doesn’t guarantee a successful marriage, so does education or the the lack of it doesn’t guarantee a successful marriage

Disclaimer: I am in no way discouraging women from going to school; I’m rather encouraging those that have things going on for them but haven’t gone to school and are being stigmatized and/or sidelined because of it.

u r an intelligent strong woman

1 Like

Re: Between Education And Marriage by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Feb 21
stephleena:
nice..education doesn't really determines how successful u might turn out to be in life..if u re lucky to have it utilize, it to the fullest..but if not,work on ur inner potentials.it's all good
Does marriage do a better job than education in helping you make decisions regarding your quality of life? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Vatican: Claim That Pope Denied Hell's Existence Is Unreliable / Pope Francis Washes Feet Of Nigerian Prisoner / Nigerian Man Pronounced Dead By 4 Hospitals, Resurrected By Pastor Oyedepo’s Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.