Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,594 members, 7,851,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:04 PM

Are We Redeeming Any Image ? Nigerian Banks And Their Adverts On Cnn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Redeeming Any Image ? Nigerian Banks And Their Adverts On Cnn (672 Views)

Watch Christiane Amanpour Interview President Buhari On CNN (July 21) / Buhari To Be Interviewed By Christiane Amanpour On CNN Today 8pm / President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Redeeming Any Image ? Nigerian Banks And Their Adverts On Cnn by Jcob(m): 3:52pm On May 04, 2010
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Was watching TV this evening when this advert popped in, Gosh, A Nigerian Bank . . . .Advertising to who on CNN?

I was like is this what we really need at this point in time? How many Nigerians could afford to subscribe to cable ? or are there no better means of reaching the prospects? I may be wrong, but I doubt if such Adverts on CNN would convince Hillary Clinton to open an account in one of our foreign branches. Let's focus more on ways to reach the locals, they have more to offer us if only we can be more professional with stylish customer management relationship.
Re: Are We Redeeming Any Image ? Nigerian Banks And Their Adverts On Cnn by Gilbertman(m): 4:17pm On May 04, 2010
There are prospects for any establishment everywhere.A Nigerian in diaspora may be looking to come back home and seeking where to put his money etc.A true Nigerian should look to anything that portray positive image and intellect that Nigeria has to offer.As to whether cable could be afforded in Nigeria,look around you.Life is changing, Nigeria is moving are you going to hop on the train or, be a mere Nigerian spectator?
Be proud.Point it out to others, that's an advert from one of the reputable banks in my Country.
Re: Are We Redeeming Any Image ? Nigerian Banks And Their Adverts On Cnn by Jcob(m): 7:05pm On May 04, 2010
You mean nigerians in diaspora would come home to invest in banks those at home dont believe in ? That's weird.
Re: Are We Redeeming Any Image ? Nigerian Banks And Their Adverts On Cnn by violent(m): 7:35pm On May 04, 2010
Some Nigerians watch cable, others don't.

Personally, i can't remember when last my folks actually checked LTV or OGTV!

It's just a way to seek global awareness! or why else do you think Lebara advertises on Nairaland?, it is a global village outside your window you know

It's also a means of signalling, banks are not only about opening of accounts, it signals strength to shareholders as well. . .a Zenith shareholder in Germany, will definitely perceive strength from Zenith's advert on CNN.

If as an example, as a naive investor, i'm interested in international diversification of assets, and my wealth manager has suggested looking into developing economies, if one of my sole interest is the Nigerian banking sector, i'm more likely to be swayed with sentiments towards a bank i have consistently heard on CNN's advertorial, than i am of a bank whose advert is solely directed towards the local markets

(1) (Reply)

House Of Rep Voted Against Option A4, electronic vote. / Yar’adua’s Lonely End / President Jonatan Picks Namadi Sambo Of Kaduna As Vice President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.