Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,887 members, 7,838,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Dapchi: CAN Declares March 25th Day Of Prayer For Leah Sharibu’s Release - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapchi: CAN Declares March 25th Day Of Prayer For Leah Sharibu’s Release (606 Views)

FG Vows To Secure Leah Sharibu’s Release / Rebecca Sharibu In Front Of US White House For Daughter's Leah Sharibu Release / Dapchi: CAN Calls For Release Of Christian Girl, Blames Buhari For Not Acting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dapchi: CAN Declares March 25th Day Of Prayer For Leah Sharibu’s Release by nigeriapenInfo: 3:13pm On Mar 24, 2018
[imghttps://3.bp..com/-od2lKreHy9s/WrZAlwPxGCI/AAAAAAAAIKo/zkPSI1v7rPwSH1mDSEtbi354jIuhbmRoACLcBGAs/s1600/leah%2Bsharibu.jpg][/img]

The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has lamented what it said were feeble attempts made by the federal government to secure the release of Leah Sharibu, the Dapchi school girl who insisted on not renouncing her faith and converting to Islam.

CAN said the development has affirmed fears in some quarters that Christians are endangered in the country.

To this end, the umbrella Christian body declared March 25th as a day of nationwide prayers for the freedom of Leah Sharibu from the captivity of the Boko Haram terrorists.

CAN President, Rev Samson Olasupo Ayokunle in a statement by his Special Assistant on Media and Communication, Pastor Bayo Oladeji, noted that if Leah Sharibu means nothing to the government and the security agency that negotiated the release of other Dapchi school girls, the life of the young girl means a lot to her parents and to so many Nigerians, irrespective of their religious affiliations.

“The CAN President, Rev Dr Samson Olasupo Ayokunle, has directed all churches in the country to pray for the freedom of Liya Sharibu from the captivity of the Boko Haram terrorists on Sunday, 25 March, 2018,” the statement said.

SOURCE: https://www.nigeriapen.com/2018/03/dapchi-can-declares-march-25th-day-of.html

CC: Lalasticlala
Re: Dapchi: CAN Declares March 25th Day Of Prayer For Leah Sharibu’s Release by nigeriapenInfo: 3:13pm On Mar 24, 2018
Re: Dapchi: CAN Declares March 25th Day Of Prayer For Leah Sharibu’s Release by stephleena(f): 3:16pm On Mar 24, 2018
one thing with this northerners,whatever their belief, is stands till death..though most of them are using it in a negative way.
Leah, is truly an apostle of Christ,and he won't leave her alone.

2 Likes

Re: Dapchi: CAN Declares March 25th Day Of Prayer For Leah Sharibu’s Release by Baawaa(m): 3:17pm On Mar 24, 2018
Ok oooooooo,
Re: Dapchi: CAN Declares March 25th Day Of Prayer For Leah Sharibu’s Release by LifeIsGuhd(f): 3:20pm On Mar 24, 2018
Alright

Please kindly say a prayer for Leah!
Re: Dapchi: CAN Declares March 25th Day Of Prayer For Leah Sharibu’s Release by izzou(m): 3:20pm On Mar 24, 2018
So what happens on the 26th of March?

CAN should encourage Christians to pray at all times for little Leah, starting from now sef

Still a good move though

3 Likes

Re: Dapchi: CAN Declares March 25th Day Of Prayer For Leah Sharibu’s Release by mekaboy(m): 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2018
Also encourage Christians to get their PVC ready.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapchi: CAN Declares March 25th Day Of Prayer For Leah Sharibu’s Release by Strikethem: 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2018
Leah will be free in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Dapchi: CAN Declares March 25th Day Of Prayer For Leah Sharibu’s Release by ZombieTAMER: 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2018
The prayer should also be for a safe passage of Buhari to daura in 2019

Buhari is a terrorist

1 Like

Re: Dapchi: CAN Declares March 25th Day Of Prayer For Leah Sharibu’s Release by MossLuv: 5:18pm On Mar 24, 2018
Tears fills my eyes! I can't remembered when last I fasted but tomorrow I will do it for little Leah... God help me

2 Likes

Re: Dapchi: CAN Declares March 25th Day Of Prayer For Leah Sharibu’s Release by emmasege: 5:23pm On Mar 24, 2018
Good initiative from CAN.

On the other hand, I'm beginning to think that there are more Christians in the north than in the South. I mean Christians by heart and not Christians by mouth which are most prevalent in the South.

1 Like

Re: Dapchi: CAN Declares March 25th Day Of Prayer For Leah Sharibu’s Release by saaron(m): 5:37pm On Mar 24, 2018
Christians should focus more on exposition of boko-Haram terrorist and their sponsors through Leah as point of reference. This is where the real koko is. Unless boko-Haram are exposed together with their sponsors, Dapchi movie will not be the last abduction for ransom saga in Nigeria.
Re: Dapchi: CAN Declares March 25th Day Of Prayer For Leah Sharibu’s Release by Acjohn(m): 6:06pm On Mar 24, 2018
She don't only need prayers but action

(1) (Reply)

Dino Malaye & Senator Adeleke Dancing In Front Of Bill Gate(video) / Resign Now To Embrace Farming, Frank Tells Oyegun / Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.