Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:51 PM

Super Eagles Stars Speak After Win, INJURY UPDATES - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Stars Speak After Win, INJURY UPDATES (955 Views)

Super Eagles Stars And The Cars They Drive (Photos) / WORLD CUP SPECIAL(back to back winnings already)5odds daily for pay after win / Santi Cazorla INJURY UPDATES:Doctor said I will never walk again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Stars Speak After Win, INJURY UPDATES by herroyalcutenes: 6:36pm On Mar 24, 2018
Penalty effort from the spot gave Nigerians something to cheer about as the Super Eagles bested their Polish opponents 1-0 at the Municipal stadium in Wrocław on a freezing evening yesterday.

Chelsea right wing-back Victor Moses drew a foul from Marcin Kaminski on the hour mark before stepping up to roll past substitute goalkeeper Bartosz Blalkowski.

The Super Eagles have thus, had their say on the win via their Twitter handles and we have compiled some of them for readers :

@WTroostEkong : ''Very Honoured to captain Nigeria for the first time today. And very proud of the boys who fought well to beat Poland 1-0. Thanks for your support! ��� #SuperEagles''.

@OfficialShehu : ''Great 1-0 Victory Tonight! ����������#roadtorussia2018

@alexiwobi : ''Na Sooo, Victory Against A Tough Poland Side...Up Naijaaa ���⚽''.

@Uzohof : ''God is able#good win#more to come#Eagles� #thanks all for the believe# IN CHRIST ALONE''.

@mikel_john_obi : ''Cool finish from the spot from @VictorMoses! Great win for the team ���#POLNGA

@67Kelechi : ''Job done on to the next one #SuperEagles �������''

Both Shehu Abdullahi and Leon Balogun are optimistic that they will be fit for Tuesday's pre-World Cup friendly against Serbia at the Hive Stadium in London.

The Bursaspor right-back had to be substituted in the 78th minute due to a suspected hamstring complaint while the Mainz central defender was forced off with a knee injury four minutes earlier.

''I have to wait till we get to London and we have a look and only then we know how bad it is. Maybe we have a scan or we just need a little physio, it does not feel too bad,'' Shehu told reporters in the mixed zone.

Balogun was more hopeful about his chances of recovery before the meeting with Serbia, stating : ''It happened when I caught my foot in the turf.

''It was painful with each step I took or pass I made but as a precaution I thought it was best I came off.

''I don’t think it is that serious, I already have ice pack on it so I should be fine in a few days.''

ADO Den Haag defender Tyronne Ebuehi, who had been rated very doubtful to face the Polish, replaced Shehu, while Chelsea's Omeruo was introduced when Balogun came off.

Re: Super Eagles Stars Speak After Win, INJURY UPDATES by arabaribiti(m): 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2018
Nice game

(1) (Reply)

Shocking!!! 3 Former Football Captains Called Stephen / Best Goals|skills|saves|tackles 2018 / Five Things Learned In The Leicester Vs Arsenal Game.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.