Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Church Politics... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Politics... (317 Views)

How I Turned Down A Rich Pastor That Came For Me N Saw Church Politics Play Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Politics... by ikorodureporta: 4:55am On Mar 25, 2018
Back then, i thought being a worker in the church was just about what we all see in 'ushers' and 'church wardens'.....never had interest in all thoz stuff until i found myself into it...& thereafter i made another discovery, 'Church Politics'!

Thoz of us who go to church as strangers, not belonging to any group wld never understand the extent of politiking going on there...

When you start attending meetings with church leaders, thats when you start understanding the extent of politiking going on:

* THOZ WHO CONTROL THE CHURCH:
Forget about the pastor being the head of the church. When you see this set of people, they control all his final decisions because they are the baba-olowos & iya-olowos in those places. All final decisions must get their approval, therefore pastors dnt toil with their position concerning anything

*THOZ WHO WANT TO BELONG TO & LEAD ALL SOCIETIES:
This set of people, similar to party hijackers, have taken over sensitive positions in most societies. Some run from one meeting to the other throughout the week as if they'v got nothing else to do @ home. Its because of this set of people some other oppressed members run to a new parish so as to be free from their shadows.....& if you see how they argue & trade insults @ meetings, especially when its financially related, you just conclude that they are after the financial gains. If you'r not strong enuf, they can make a level-headed brethren to backslide completely cheesy

* THE MEN-PLEASERS:
Apart from the baba & iya olowos, there is this set of people who always stand by every proposals of any one among them. They never say NO, or oppose any decision even though they know that it wld be a herculian task to fulfil. Though not necessarily rich, they are ready to vote in favour of any thing like G.O's birthday celebration, CAR gift etc, not minding the financial implication. So even make pledges they wl never redeem. When you, 'unemployed' workers are complaining of being tasked abt 20k for thoz events, they actually proposed it, so dnt blame the GOs.

For so many years i never had interest in all these, but maturity has taken me into the game, - Church Politics, & its so exciting!

How many of you'r with me?? undecided

lalasticlala
Re: Church Politics... by OneTeslim(m): 5:01am On Mar 25, 2018
undecided
Re: Church Politics... by festwiz(m): 6:36am On Mar 25, 2018
You broke the rule below.

21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.
Re: Church Politics... by Rockyrascal(m): 7:17am On Mar 25, 2018
ikorodureporta:
Back then, i thought being a worker in the church was just about what we all see in 'ushers' and 'church wardens'.....never had interest in all thoz stuff until i found myself into it...& thereafter i made another discovery, 'Church Politics'!

Thoz of us who go to church as strangers, not belonging to any group wld never understand the extent of politiking going on there...

When you start attending meetings with church leaders, thats when you start understanding the extent of politiking going on:

* THOZ WHO CONTROL THE CHURCH:
Forget about the pastor being the head of the church. When you see this set of people, they control all his final decisions because they are the baba-olowos & iya-olowos in those places. All final decisions must get their approval, therefore pastors dnt toil with their position concerning anything

*THOZ WHO WANT TO BELONG TO & LEAD ALL SOCIETIES:
This set of people, similar to party hijackers, have taken over sensitive positions in most societies. Some run from one meeting to the other throughout the week as if they'v got nothing else to do @ home. Its because of this set of people some other oppressed members run to a new parish so as to be free from their shadows.....& if you see how they argue & trade insults @ meetings, especially when its financially related, you just conclude that they are after the financial gains. If you'r not strong enuf, they can make a level-headed brethren to backslide completely cheesy

* THE MEN-PLEASERS:
Apart from the baba & iya olowos, there is this set of people who always stand by every proposals of any one among them. They never say NO, or oppose any decision even though they know that it wld be a herculian task to fulfil. Though not necessarily rich, they are ready to vote in favour of any thing like G.O's birthday celebration, CAR gift etc, not minding the financial implication. When you 'unemployed' workers are complaining of being tasked abt 20k for thoz events, they actually proposed it, so dnt blame the GOs.

For so many years i never had interest in all these, but maturity has taken me into the game, - Church Politics, & its so exciting!

How many of you'r with me?? undecided

lalasticlala, seun
if I didn't know anything about church politics, I would have said all you wrote here is a lie.

They are so different in that upper room than when they stand in front of the congregation,Especially the mega churches.
Re: Church Politics... by ikorodureporta: 11:11am On Mar 25, 2018
*FAVORITISM

Atimes some talented individuals are buried due to the fear of overshadowing their leaders. This is common among the Choiristers, & even GO's not wanting other pastors to shine....

(1) (Reply)

Time For Everything / Ofm Rhema For Living Daily Devotional 15/04/2018 Sunday / Chake Your Self, Maybe There Is An Dangerous Error In Your Life, God Bless You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.