Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration (22896 Views)

Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Leah Sharibu / How Atheist See The Future Vs How Christians See It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by ollah2: 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
grin grin grin

You are sending me to another link grin

Ofcourse, the link that you wont read but will be read by open minded people.
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by ollah2: 8:31pm On Mar 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
What are the events that led to allah commanding you to kill me for not believing in muhammad? Pls, quote the quran let's see. cheesy cheesy grin

You can as well quote the Quran yourself
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by alBHAGDADI: 8:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
ollah2:

You can as well quote the Quran yourself
Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by paxonel(m): 8:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
xerxes456:
you're bringing Islam into Christianity, they're two wide worlds apart, it's impossible to stand in between.
This is the most confusing statement I've ever heard...
a Muslim is permitted to deny Islam provided his heart doesn't deny it
I'm not bringing Islam into christianity, i didn't even know that this is permitted in Islam. However, if Muslims are already thinking like this then obviously, it is a simple application of common sense found in every sensible human whether Muslim or christian.

.. but it's not so for a Christian it's such a big deal, whenever such test comes up heaven and hell will be in attention to see if that Christian can bow or not, there so much involved...
this is big lie, there is no scriptural basis for this your assertion
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by ollah2: 8:39pm On Mar 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

Numbers 31:17-18

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.” Luke 19: 27
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by ollah2: 8:42pm On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:
I'm not bringing Islam into christianity, i didn't even know that this is permitted in Islam. However, if Muslims are already thinking like this then obviously, it is a simple application of common sense found in every sensible human whether Muslim or christian.

It's not permitted in Islam. Don't mind those liars.

It's obvious these guys bring religion before common sense and they have proved it times without number. They use events that happened thousands of years ago in thousand of miles away to live their lives and discarding common sense. You are an enemy and a Muslim when you don't agree with them. Like guy said earlier, Chrisitanity and Logic don't work together. Which means you are meant to be dead brain to be a Christian

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by alBHAGDADI: 8:47pm On Mar 25, 2018
ollah2:

Numbers 31:17-18

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.” Luke 19: 27
Here you go again. Didn't I tell you that such were commandments of Moses? Read the previous and preceeding verses.

Numbers 31:14-17

14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.
15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them.
16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people.
17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Moses was in the era of the LAW. We Christians aren't under that. As for the second verse which you quoted from the new testament, an era of grace. That was Jesus speaking and He was simply telling a parable.

Luke 19:11-27

11 While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once.
12 He said: “A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return.
13 So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas.[a] ‘Put this money to work,’ he said, ‘until I come back.’
14 “But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, ‘We don’t want this man to be our king.’
15 “He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.
16 “The first one came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned ten more.’
17 “‘Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.’
18 “The second came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned five more.’
19 “His master answered, ‘You take charge of five cities.’
20 “Then another servant came and said, ‘Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. 21 I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.’
22 “His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then didn’t you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?’
24 “Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.’
25 “‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’
26 “He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away.
27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’”

Except you want to say you don't know what a parable is.
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by alBHAGDADI: 8:49pm On Mar 25, 2018
ollah2:

It's obvious these guys bring religion before common sense and they have proved it times without number. They use events that happened thousands of years ago in thousand of miles away to live their lives and discarding common sense. You are an enemy and a Muslim when you don't agree with them. Like guy said earlier, Chrisitanity and Logic don't work together. Which means you are meant to be dead brain to be a Christian

Then explain the verse below.

Quran 16:106
Whoever disbelieves in Allah after his belief... except for one who is forced [to renounce his religion] while his heart is secure in faith. But those who [willingly] open their breasts to disbelief, upon them is wrath from Allah, and for them is a great punishment;

Mind you, I jut went through the link you gave and nothing in it explains the simple and clear verse.
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by ollah2: 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Here you go again. Didn't I tell you that such were commandments of Moses? Read the previous and preceeding verses.

Numbers 31:14-17

14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.
15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them.
16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people.
17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Moses was in the era of the LAW. We Christians aren't under that. As for the second verse which you quoted from the new testament, an era of grace. That was Jesus speaking and He was simply telling a parable.

Luke 19:11-27

11 While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once.
12 He said: “A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return.
13 So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas.[a] ‘Put this money to work,’ he said, ‘until I come back.’
14 “But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, ‘We don’t want this man to be our king.’
15 “He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.
16 “The first one came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned ten more.’
17 “‘Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.’
18 “The second came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned five more.’
19 “His master answered, ‘You take charge of five cities.’
20 “Then another servant came and said, ‘Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. 21 I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.’
22 “His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then didn’t you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?’
24 “Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.’
25 “‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’
26 “He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away.
27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’”

Except you want to say you don't know what a parable is.

Ofcourse I was expecting you to write tales and insert parables inside it.

Did you read further the line you quoted?
Did you think it could be parable too?

No. These logics can't be used for the Quran, it's ONLY meant for the Bible
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by alBHAGDADI: 9:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
ollah2:

Ofcourse I was expecting you to write tales and insert parables inside it.

Did you read further the line you quoted?
Did you think it could be parable too?

No. These logics can't be used for the Quran, it's ONLY meant for the Bible
It is not applicable in Quran cos quran doesn't say such. I've read the chapter I quoted and nowhere does it imply that it was a parable no it has a context. See the verse and its preceding verses to see what I mean.

Quran chapter 3

148. So Allah gave them the reward of this world, and the excellent reward of the Hereafter. And Allah loves Al-Muhsinun (the good-doers - see the footnote of V.3:134).

149. O you who believe! If you obey those who disbelieve, they will send you back on your heels, and you will turn back (from Faith) as losers.

150. Nay, Allah is your Maula (Patron, Lord, Helper and Protector, etc.), and He is the Best of helpers.

151. We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they joined others in worship with Allah, for which He had sent no authority; their abode will be the Fire and how evil is the abode of the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers).

152. And Allah did indeed fulfil His Promise to you when you were killing them (your enemy) with His Permission; until (the moment) you lost your courage and fell to disputing about the order, and disobeyed after He showed you (of the booty) which you love. Among you are some that desire this world and some that desire the Hereafter. Then He made you flee from them (your enemy), that He might test you. But surely, He forgave you, and Allah is Most Gracious to the believers.

153. (And remember) when you ran away (dreadfully) without even casting a side glance at anyone, and the Messenger (Muhammad) was in your rear calling you back. There did Allah give you one distress after another by way of requital to teach you not to grieve for that which had escaped you, nor for that which had befallen you. And Allah is Well-Aware of all that you do.
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by ollah2: 9:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Then explain the verse below.

Quran 16:106
Whoever disbelieves in Allah after his belief... except for one who is forced [to renounce his religion] while his heart is secure in faith. But those who [willingly] open their breasts to disbelief, upon them is wrath from Allah, and for them is a great punishment;

Mind you, I jut went through the link you gave and nothing in it explains the simple and clear verse.

Why should I bother myself pasting another link when TWO LINKS doesn't explain anything.

Enjoy the life of hatred you created for yourself. I only pity the people around you and the children you gonna raise. You are so much gonna put hate in them

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by alBHAGDADI: 9:06pm On Mar 25, 2018
ollah2:

Why should I bother myself pasting another link when TWO LINKS doesn't explain anything.

Enjoy the life of hatred you created for yourself. I only pity the people around you and the children you gonna raise. You are so much gonna put hate in them
Don't paste links. Write here.

If you can't, then keep quite and stop telling us not to appreciate Leah Sheribu.

Vamoose
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by ollah2: 9:06pm On Mar 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
It is not applicable in Quran cos quran doesn't say suc[/b]h. I've read the chapter I quoted and nowhere does it imply that it was a parable no it has a context. See the verse and its preceding verses to see what I mean.

[b]Quran chapter 3

148. So Allah gave them the reward of this world, and the excellent reward of the Hereafter. And Allah loves Al-Muhsinun (the good-doers - see the footnote of V.3:134).

149. O you who believe! If you obey those who disbelieve, they will send you back on your heels, and you will turn back (from Faith) as losers.

150. Nay, Allah is your Maula (Patron, Lord, Helper and Protector, etc.), and He is the Best of helpers.

151. We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they joined others in worship with Allah, for which He had sent no authority; their abode will be the Fire and how evil is the abode of the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers).

152. And Allah did indeed fulfil His Promise to you when you were killing them (your enemy) with His Permission; until (the moment) you lost your courage and fell to disputing about the order, and disobeyed after He showed you (of the booty) which you love. Among you are some that desire this world and some that desire the Hereafter. Then He made you flee from them (your enemy), that He might test you. But surely, He forgave you, and Allah is Most Gracious to the believers.

153. (And remember) when you ran away (dreadfully) without even casting a side glance at anyone, and the Messenger (Muhammad) was in your rear calling you back. There did Allah give you one distress after another by way of requital to teach you not to grieve for that which had escaped you, nor for that which had befallen you. And Allah is Well-Aware of all that you do.

Imagine the bolded. So it is strayed that the Bible is parables right? The logic can never work for the Quran. It doesn't suit your narrative .
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by ollah2: 9:07pm On Mar 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Don't paste links. Write here.

If you can't, then keep quite and stop telling us not to appreciate Leah Sheribu.

Vamoose

Why shouldn't links be posted. Is it against NL rules or your bigotry and hatred life just dosnt wanna see anything besides Chrisitinity.

The beast you have become is gonna eat you up
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by paxonel(m): 9:08pm On Mar 25, 2018
xerxes456:
[s]with the mount confession is made unto salvation, it's not what goes into the mouth that defiles, it's what come out of the mouth, our words direct our live issues[/s]
Misused scriptures!
Confession implies the point where the individual is convinced that Jesus is the Christ such that he exclaims, of truth Jesus is Christ. At that point of exclamation out of conviction, that is the confession. At that point the individual is saved.
so understand the scripture you are quoting, it is saying something totally different from denying with the mouth while at the same time heart proclaims it, which is very possible.

.... our words are very important,
words may be important, but they do not have any effect, only actions do have effects. Therefore, we will know whether your words are true when you begin to act. If you don't act, then your words are mere rhetorics.

why is denouncing Christ such a big deal, the devil knows the power of the tongue, it can do and undo on earth and in heaven...
bros, you are just being African here!
The tongue do not have any power, absolutely nothing.
Mere talking cannot do anything except one acts, Don't be deceived.
The bible says faith without works is dead, so if there is no action, your talking is simply dead.
That's why you Africans pray so much but no result. White men don't pray, they work and their world is far better grin
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by xerxes456(m): 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
ollah2:

Usual nonsense. Isn't the Quran also a book of events that happened and stories et al?

You find a way to exonerate the Bible but same logic can't be used for the Quran.

Bigotry and hypocrisy at its peak
I just gave a sneak peak of the framework of the Bible, if you have facts, kindly explain the structure of your quran.

Meanwhile that link you gave...
https://islam.stackexchange.com/questions/10768/death-penalty-for-apostasy-according-to-quran

Doesn't explain against the fact that you can deny Islam in the face of threat, even in cases of deceiving people to make them think you're their friends for whatever reasons.
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by paxonel(m): 9:46pm On Mar 25, 2018
stevenakp:

if thou shall confess with thy mouth... and believe in your heart....ROM 10:9

it goes together bro.
you better be realistic when you read your bible.
Confession in that scripture is all about being convinced, you know there is a way you are convinced about an issue before you know it, it escapes your mouth.
For instance, if I did not know about Jesus and you come to preach Jesus to me, the moment I'm convinced of your preaching the next thing that will come out or escape out of my mouth is, of a truth Jesus is the Christ based on what you preach. What I have just done is, I have confessed Christ, at that point, my salvation begins there,That is what Romans 10:9 is trying to explain.
Confession is always associated with conviction and denying Christ also comes with conviction too.
So, Leah can actually say I deny Christ with his mouth, then it will take her inner conviction for that denial to be affective.
meanwhile, deep inside her, her conviction is Jesus Christ is her savior, that conviction she got it long time ago.
See, that will now be between her alone and God who justifies her, no third party, Boko haram becomes powerless thinking that what she saying is true.

Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. Luke 17:33

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. Matt. 16:24-25
all these scriptures are not correlating at all with what we are saying grin

Sir, are you sure you've given your life to Christ or you're just practicing the religion ?

these are words of Jesus, do you believe them or you think he must be stupid to have said that ?

Sincerely bro, You've not met Christ.
if you're really concern about your soul give it thought.

I know you will bash me, but you've gotten my message.

If you deny Him before men, He will deny you before his father.

Not all who calls me LORD, LORD will enter into my kingdom.

please direct your preaching to non christians or Muslims
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by paxonel(m): 9:56pm On Mar 25, 2018
Julivas:

To human reason you are right...... but what gives the assurance that she will be released after conversion. She did the best.
atleast she would have tried something.
Better than if she did not try at all.
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by paxonel(m): 10:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
xerxes456:
[s] Yes that's why most "Adult Christians" will never make heaven...read Luke 18:16 [/s]
error, error, error!
All christians are already in heaven incase you don't know

We think we are wise as adults.
Do you know there was a case in Kaduna where Christians were ask to deny Christ so they might live? The moment they denied Christ they were all killed immediately
that means, some how they have perceived that their denial wasn't true. Let's say they didn't succeed, atleast they tried something which is far better than nothing.

... what is so exiting in this country that someone would really want to live for, if I have that opportunity I would gladly die and go to heaven, Nigeria is stage 1 he'll fire...
it's simple, go to the north and preach yourself if you really want to die grin

May God deliver her from her captives in Jesus Name.
Amen o
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by paxonel(m): 10:23pm On Mar 25, 2018
ollah2:

exactly!
And that's what I'm trying to let them know, that they can still rejuvenate their dead brain cells and practice real christianity .
Not all these fake things they are doing grin
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by xerxes456(m): 10:25pm On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:
common sense is never common... get wisdom bros... the things of God cannot be understood with mere human wisdom and a canal mind,
Proverbs 14:12 (NKJV) There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death.
its always like that.
for the issue of denying Christ, here are some scriptural backings.

Matthew 10:31-33 So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows. “Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth,( Not just in the heart, "Openly" ) I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven.

2 Timothy 2:11-12 This is a trustworthy saying: If we die with him, we will also live with him. If we endure hardship, we will reign with him. If we DENY him, he will deny us.

Denying Christ severe you from God.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1 John 2:22-23 And who is a liar? Anyone who says that Jesus is not the Christ. Anyone who denies the Father and the Son is an antichrist. Anyone who denies the Son doesn’t have the Father, either. But anyone who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

By denying you automatically become an antichrist.

if you remember the story of peter in the bible, where he denied Christ, it was by Gods mercy he was restored, its not a toying thing. true Christians will understand... but church goers and bench warmers can never understand...

the canal mind is always an enemy of God and will always form wiseness...
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by xerxes456(m): 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:
exactly!
And that's what I'm trying to let them know, that they can still rejuvenate their dead brain cells and practice real christianity .
Not all these fake things they are doing grin

well true Christians have "dead brains", We're dead to the flesh and the things of this world.

We are dead to canal human reasoning.

we are called into a new life which is completely out of touch with world practices...

We are more different than you can ever think...

I pray you join us and understand someday...

our hope is out of this world, "For if in this world we have all our hopes, then we are of all men most miserable..."
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by TOSIN116: 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:
Confession in that scripture is all about being convinced, you know there is a way you are convinced about an issue before you know it, it escapes your mouth.
For instance, if I did not know about Jesus and you come to preach Jesus to me, the moment I'm convinced of your preaching the next thing that will come out or escape out of my mouth is, of a truth Jesus is the Christ based on what you preach. What I have just done is, I have confessed Christ, at that point, my salvation begins there,That is what Romans 10:9 is trying to explain.
Confession is always associated with conviction and denying Christ also comes with conviction too.
So, Leah can actually say I deny Christ with his mouth, then it will take her inner conviction for that denial to be affective.
meanwhile, deep inside her, her conviction is Jesus Christ is her savior, that conviction she got it long time ago.
See, that will now be between her alone and God who justifies her, no third party, Boko haram becomes powerless thinking that what she saying is true.
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by xerxes456(m): 10:48pm On Mar 25, 2018
paxonel:

False prophet... so what does it mean to "LIE" or to "DECEIVE", if I can say what I don't really believe how far away am I from Lying or deceiving.

Are these Christian virtues?

or human manipulative wisdom?
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by paxonel(m): 6:13am On Mar 26, 2018
xerxes456:

False prophet...
say whatever you like, even Christ was called all sort of names for saying the truth grin

so what does it mean to "LIE" or to "DECEIVE",
when what they are telling cannot be applied in real life situation or they do not correlate with human reasoning, they are automatically lies and deceit. I don't care what pastor is saying it.

if I can say what I don't really believe how far away am I from Lying or deceiving.
it depend on the situation, for instance Abraham told the king Sarah wasn't his wife, but deep inside him, he believes that Sarah is his wife . That didn't make Abraham a false prophet.
He was only applying wisdom.

Are these Christian virtues?

or human manipulative wisdom?
call it whatever you want to call it, it's a simple wisdom that can be applied by anyone, be it christian or non christian at a critical situation like that of Leah sharibu
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by paxonel(m): 6:35am On Mar 26, 2018
xerxes456:

well true Christians have "dead brains", We're dead to the flesh and the things of this world.
you don't know what it means when the scripture says we are dead to the flesh. It means spiritual death and not physical death. It does not mean you should allow your brain cells to die by not using them. Brain cells are not spiritual things.

We are dead to canal human reasoning.
that is spiritually, but in this physical world you can't escape reasoning, it's not possible grin

we are called to a new life which is completely out this world
oya go live for space now, Una funny o grin

We are more different than you can ever think...
like alliens abi? Una nor well

I pray you join us and understand someday...
if i was a Muslim or some unbeliever, i will run away after listening to your talk grin
You people are depriving people from coming into the kingdom of God by your faulty beliefs
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:06am On Mar 26, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Why don't you explain the meaning for readers of this thread to know whether it is different from how it is clearly written.

OK dear readers of this thread, it is in the Muslim Books that whoever (lives in a a country governed by Shariah and then) leaves Islam for another religion must be killed (as this is like treason). So how how does this justify Boko Haram dear readers?

You can now compare:
This verse and see what the Lord (Father, Jesus and Holy Ghost) ordered:

Numbers 31:17-18 King James Version (KJV)

Don't you think Boko Haram are Muslim terrorists from this verse?
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by alBHAGDADI: 12:14pm On Mar 26, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

OK dear readers of this thread, it is in the Muslim Books that whoever (lives in a a country governed by Shariah and then) leaves Islam for another religion must be killed (as this is like treason). So how how does this justify Boko Haram dear readers?

You can now compare:
This verse and see what the Lord (Father, Jesus and Holy Ghost) ordered:

Numbers 31:17-18 King James Version (KJV)

Don't you think Boko Haram are Muslim terrorists from this verse?

This verse does not say Islamic country. It simply states that anyone who leaves Islam is to be killed.

Stop being shady by insert what the quran doesn't say. Allah will punish for this.

Now, for the Bible verse you quoted, I believe you've seen my explanation of it on this thread. If you haven't, then scroll through.
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

This verse does not say Islamic country. It simply states that anyone who leaves Islam is to be killed.

Stop being shady by insert what the quran doesn't say. Allah will punish for this.

Now, for the Bible verse you quoted, I believe you've seen my explanation of it on this thread. If you haven't, then scroll through.

Can you please mention where the verse was used i.e. the settings since you know about it than us.
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by sweetgala(m): 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Pls, read the below Bible passage for understanding.

Galatians 4:23-31

22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. 23 His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a divine promise.

24 These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.
25 Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children.
26 But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.
27 For it is written:

“Be glad, barren woman,
you who never bore a child;
shout for joy and cry aloud,
you who were never in labor;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
than of her who has a husband.”

28 Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise.
29 At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now.
30 But what does Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.”
31 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

Don't attempt to use the clause of figuratively to becloud my judgement I've read the Bible and I've spent some time listening to biblical teachings in my young existence.

You statement stinks of hate, with theological ineptitude and the Bible passage does not support your argument as regard this matter neither does it comply with the promise that has been guaranteed in Christ.

These scriptures are from the old testament and infact the contents therein can be found in both the Torah and Quran. They were the texts of people who were governed by mosaic laws the belief of exceptionalism through tribe.

Jesus has since come and given he promise of redemption from the sins of the world, Jesus had recovered us from the damnation due to the sins of adam and Eve.

Your argument is not about the rebirth in Christ and the experience of the baptism by the holy spirit; yours is that of natural birth and the automatic damnation if born of the "wrong" mother.

God has not promised your child a ticket to heaven because you are in Christ or the hold.was baptised a man has to confess with his mouth the belief that Jesus is the way the truth and the light and there is no other way to God except through him and a child has moral understanding or the capacity to make such a conclusion. Your job are a parent is to provide them the opportunity to.male that conclusion of their own will

God makes.it clear "the is no compulsion in practice of faith"
Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by hakunamatata081: 11:05pm On Mar 26, 2018
CuteMadridista:
I thought Leah Sheribu would be out of captivity by now due to the many prayers that have been prayed by our Christians on her situation as Jesus made it clear that a little faith can move mountains, let's see those verses

Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Jesus also reiterated it again

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

and again

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

and again

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

and again

(Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.) then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted, there are obviously only a few options available.

if the above verses were true, there are obviously only a few options available for Christians to chose after their prayers has done nothing to remove the girl from captivity:

1) the Bible is wrong, Jesus never said these things

2) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus was wrong

3) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus lied

4) no one who prayed for anything that actually required god's intervention - like our Christians do for Leah Sheribu- had any faith

5) the Bible is just a collection of myths & fables & Yahweh, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Satan doesn't exist

Keep holding on to your lies and confusion. Honestly anyone who insists on 'rubbishing' thd Scriptures should go ahead since you think you can rant.

Whether the Bible is a collection of what you call it or not, THE END WILL JUSTIFY THE MEANS..........AND YOU WILL REMEMBER YOUR WORDS

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration by alBHAGDADI: 9:57am On Mar 28, 2018
sweetgala:

Don't attempt to use the clause of figuratively to becloud my judgement I've read the Bible and I've spent some time listening to biblical teachings in my young existence.

You statement stinks of hate, with theological ineptitude and the Bible passage does not support your argument as regard this matter neither does it comply with the promise that has been guaranteed in Christ.

These scriptures are from the old testament and infact the contents therein can be found in both the Torah and Quran. They were the texts of people who were governed by mosaic laws the belief of exceptionalism through tribe.

Jesus has since come and given he promise of redemption from the sins of the world, Jesus had recovered us from the damnation due to the sins of adam and Eve.

Your argument is not about the rebirth in Christ and the experience of the baptism by the holy spirit; yours is that of natural birth and the automatic damnation if born of the "wrong" mother.

God has not promised your child a ticket to heaven because you are in Christ or the hold.was baptised a man has to confess with his mouth the belief that Jesus is the way the truth and the light and there is no other way to God except through him and a child has moral understanding or the capacity to make such a conclusion. Your job are a parent is to provide them the opportunity to.male that conclusion of their own will

God makes.it clear "the is no compulsion in practice of faith"

The fact that you called the Bible passage I quoted an Old Testament portion of the Bible shows that you know nothing about it and that your write up reeks of ignorance.

Since when did the book of Galatians become an old testament book?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe / Pastor Isaac Onwordi Dupes Elderly Couple Of Their Home In Namibia (Photos) / Sick Abraham Okodugha: 'Redeemed Church Kicked Me Out'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.