Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe (14884 Views)

Zimbabwe Military Takeover Live Updates: Robert Mugabe Under House Arrest / Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe / Robert Mugabe Agrees To Step Down, Negotiates For Grace To Leave Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by maxwellgib: 6:22am On Mar 25, 2018
Former Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe says South Africa should have sent troops instead of a team of negotiators to prevent his ouster by the military last year.

Mugabe said his regional neighbours betrayed him “in a sense”, in an interview with the privately-owned Zimbabwe Independent newspaper and other regional and international media.

“When you look at their conditions, except for South Africa, they haven’t got the capacity to intervene. But South Africa could have done much more. It did not send an army, but just to engage” the 94-year-old is quoted as saying.

Mugabe who ruled Zimbabwe since independence from British colonial rule in 1980 was forced to quit when the military stepped in and ruling ZANU-PF lawmakers launched impeachment proceedings against their once beloved leader. He was replaced by Emmerson Mnangagwa, a favourite of the military, whom Mugabe had fired weeks earlier as his deputy in a move seen as paving way for his wife Grace to take over.

South Africa’s then-president Jacob Zuma had sent defence minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula and the then state security minister Bongani Bongo to intervene in the impasse between Mugabe and the military.

Mugabe, who once quipped that he would rule until he turned 100, described his departure from office as a “coup d’etat. Those who created it have the responsibility to reverse it. If they don’t want to reverse it, it means they want the situation to continue which I think is the case. “They would want us perhaps to get to the national election when the environment is still very congested with fear, some people still hiding, displaced” he said in the interview.

Since his dramatic reversal of fortune, Mugabe has largely stayed out of public life.

source http://www.ritalori.com/south-africa-let-impeachment-robert-mugabe/

1 Like

Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by bjayx: 6:25am On Mar 25, 2018
Old man... E never do U?

12 Likes

Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by juanjo2: 6:26am On Mar 25, 2018
why will a man rule a country for as long as 38years with hardship on top am.
Buhari wey never reach 4yrs for office, na him wey we wan send am go back Him village for Daura,

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by xreal: 6:35am On Mar 25, 2018
To send troops and trigger a war.....because of you?

Haba!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by emmy4lov(m): 6:43am On Mar 25, 2018
Africans and Power... Send troops to fight for you. .? Causing more problem..

Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by Paperwhite(m): 6:43am On Mar 25, 2018
See the African man's mentality SA that was still battling with a corrupt Zuma? Mugabe is not serious.An expired old autocratic ruler. angry

16 Likes

Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by ficons: 6:44am On Mar 25, 2018
Ok
Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by Nwaisuochi(m): 6:45am On Mar 25, 2018
Please can Lucifer send his troops to remove Bubu for us

1 Like

Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by eleojo23: 6:46am On Mar 25, 2018
Everything has an end, Mugabe you cannot rule forever

1 Like

Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by nairavsdollars(f): 6:47am On Mar 25, 2018
Wehrey old cargo
Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by capatainrambo: 6:47am On Mar 25, 2018
selfish man

Just like Bihari the idiòot is giving amnesty to bokoharam anyhow.
but then again the north loves bokoharam I watched d video they cheered bokoharam
Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by Ebios(m): 6:47am On Mar 25, 2018
So u still wanted to rule?
Mmmm...
I won't blame u much bcus here in Nigeria, Obasanjo wanted to continue in power like u but Nigerians said,"Enough is enough ".
Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by jabberjawz: 6:48am On Mar 25, 2018
U dey run ur mouth abi.....because dem no jail u....or hammer u with bullet abi?....U want young men to fight war & die because of u......to thank u for destroying zimbabwe economy......why ur biological sons & daughters no carry gun fight for u.........u cow......if i load u better slap from dis place wey i dey......u go see press run.... angry

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by dust144(m): 6:48am On Mar 25, 2018
Robert, you were suppose to be down.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by yeyeboi(m): 6:48am On Mar 25, 2018
Ok
Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by mespusinglez(m): 6:49am On Mar 25, 2018
Legend Mugabe...Buhari should learn from this man
Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by 234GT(m): 6:49am On Mar 25, 2018
You are still talking because the coup plotters were merciful enough to have spared your life

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by olatade(m): 6:51am On Mar 25, 2018
xreal:
To send troops and trigger a war.....because of you?

Haba!

no mind the old selfish man
Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 25, 2018
Mugabe 94 years old and still wants to continue as president. Wow!
Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by Kenkuss(m): 6:52am On Mar 25, 2018
EVEN SOUTH AFRICA HAS HER OWN PROBLEMS,

1 Like

Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by Yankiss(m): 6:53am On Mar 25, 2018
I do not understand this Messiah complex and Power-drunk mentality of Africans. Mugabe isnt thankful that he caged his country for several decades and was relieved of power without occasions. At least he retained his loot and isnt subjected to any drama. He still regrets leaving power at his age? Africa, sorry is thy name.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by aksule(m): 6:55am On Mar 25, 2018
To say the least, l am disappointed with Mugabe.
Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by Abdulkareem407(m): 6:57am On Mar 25, 2018
I no blame u, they should have waste just a single bullet on u, foolish man
Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 25, 2018
No matter what happens, the fact is that Mugabe will remain one of the greatest Africans of all time.

At 95 years old, he is sure not a spring chicken but vitality abounds in him like a bull. I don't care if you were forced out of power, I respect you every second of my waking life. I wish Buhari, who is twenty years your junior, can have just one percent of the wisdom in your head.

Buhari is cursed.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by jameyjaggs: 7:02am On Mar 25, 2018
angry @94 years u stil won b leader.....u no go tink of hw u go take die peaceful death or u won die like gaddafi??
Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by eleko1: 7:03am On Mar 25, 2018
sad u for consult our own here,how dey do it,plank any intruder with maze,use demand area bois, chase ur opponent to one corner, settle traditional ruler,chief,Imam, pastor. Threatened em with recall. Niagara is sweet sha ,no dull time here
Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by blackpanda: 7:06am On Mar 25, 2018
juanjo2:
why will a man rule a country for as long as 20years plus with even hardship on top am.
Buhari wey never reach 4yrs for office, na him wey we wan send am go back Him village for Daura,

Not 20. 38 years
Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by eleko1: 7:09am On Mar 25, 2018
sad ancestor
Re: South Africa Let Me Down During My Impeachment - Robert Mugabe by klax(m): 7:18am On Mar 25, 2018
Mr Mugabe your misrule let you down. Your sit up ambition let you down. Your Delilah wife let you down so old man stop blaming anybody or are you apc member too? Because blame game is their business they are still blaming their predecessor after 3 years gone.

Mugabe go and rest your time has gone.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Ministers Resign Amid Peru President’s Rolex Watches Probe / Mandela's ID To Be Auctioned For N67m Amidst Public Outcry & Family Feud / Britain Impose New Sanctions On 65 Russian Individuals, Organisations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.