Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,372 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

How Not To Send Your CV Via Email. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Not To Send Your CV Via Email. (2114 Views)

N-power Batch C: Deployment/physical Verification Will Be Communicated Via Email / How To Follow Up Your Job Application Via Email / Ten Mistakes You Must Avoid In Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Not To Send Your CV Via Email. by khalhokage(m): 9:39am On Mar 25, 2018
As posted by @Phoonke on twitter

2 weeks ago, I had to shortlist CVs and there were some I deleted immediately.

Here’s a thread on the different things that you shouldn’t do as an applicant.

1. Your CV can’t be the body of your email. Create your CV in Word and then attach in your email. I advise sending in PDF to keep your document in place but recruiters using ATS will usually need it in .docx format.

2. Stick to the subject. When you see a job ad, read the instructions very carefully.

The subject is like a hashtag. When we type it in the search bar, only those that adopted it will pop up.
Your cover letter should be written in a word document. It can’t be the body of your email. You don’t type an application letter as an email.

Don’t use abbreviations. They are rude and portray you as unserious with the application.

“Hello, PFA. Thanks” is wrong. It’s not formal. It’s just wrong.

Sending applications after the deadline: if you are aiming for a special shot, the least you can do is be polite. Apologize for sending it late and state in one line why you should be considered.

This can work when you’re applying directly by email.
Draft:

Good Morning/Afternoon,

I am mailing you with regards to the advertised position of Yen Yen Yen.
Please see attached my CV and cover (or application) letter for your review.

I look forward to interviewing with you.

Best Regards,
Ciroma Chukwuma
Phone no (optional)

PS: yes, sometimes writing your cover letter as the body of the email is preferred to spare the recruiter’s time.

In my opinion, it is neater to attach it. It can be even the page 1 of your CV.

Las las, all I’m saying is put more effort into your application. If you don’t sell yourself, you won’t get called.

Re: How Not To Send Your CV Via Email. by yemmybx(m): 2:58pm On Mar 25, 2018
hhhhhhmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

/ . / Trusted Online Hustle I Started With #5,000 That Pays Me Well. Photo Attached.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.