Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

5 Stages You Will Pass Through Before Becoming A Twitter Addict - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Stages You Will Pass Through Before Becoming A Twitter Addict (408 Views)

How Much Will You Pay For A Twitter Account With 1000 Followers? / I Need A Twitter And Instagram Account / Should I Have A Twitter Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Stages You Will Pass Through Before Becoming A Twitter Addict by BlackPenNG: 6:57pm On Mar 25, 2018
Twitter is one of the social media platforms that has come to stay in the world, and from the looks of it now, it will probably stay for a bit longer, owning to the uniqueness of its content. Twitter users update their timeline in what is called Tweets.

Prior to late last year, a Tweet can only contain a maximum of 140 characters. Why? You would ask. Even I don’t know as of now, but that benchmark did spur creativity in we Twitter users.

Probably because of Donald Trump that needs to always split the words of his mouth into two or more tweets, the characters were increased to 280 characters.

On twitter, you could retweet another person’s tweet, to show it to your followers. But, truth be told, as a newbie to Twitter, you can be frustrated and appear lost. The reason ain’t far-fetched, what goes on via Twitter isn’t the norm of the likes of Facebook. You are not alone, same happened to me. In fact, I think the list I’m going to make here happened to me twice. You might have been considering switching to another social media now that Facebook might pack up, if everyone #deletefacebook, I tell you, Twitter is a right choice.

But before you go on, Know that this list is not a “how to build Twitter account”, I just want you to prepare your mind to what will happen to you if you intend joining the 13% of Nigerian Internet users that use Twitter.

1. You will sign up.

Just like joining any other platform, you will most likely register an account, which you can do via Facebook. Setting up a Twitter account is as easy as opening your door. You can try it now.

2. You will be lost.

This is the most interesting part, being completely different from your crush Mark-owned social media which includes Whatsapp, Facebook, and Instagram. All these have an easy-to-master technique, but Twitter?! You have to understand it. It’s no hard anyways, but it will be boring if you are the one that online loves being connected with friends you know and seeing pictures. Twitter is basically for those ready to meet anyone and read words. This will frustrate you, and you leave.

3. You come back.

This is funny, but suddenly, one day you will just remember you had opened a Twitter account. This effect might pop up in you when you frequent statuses where friends post savage comments they found online, and other kinda memes. In case you don’t know, majority of the memes and savage replies you see people post on status all come from Twitter. It’s the meme’s platform. The 280 characters is really helping people’s intellectuals, in that you are able to express a whole story in the shortest possible words.

4. You grab what they do.

Once this part is concluded, Twitter becomes fun, and you will now start thinking of building a following. (A quick tip; if your time line and bio is boring and not creative, you might wait till Jesus comes before you get a handful of followers).
Your Twitter journey now begins, you start laughing out loud while still checking up on your other social media baes.

5. You become addicted:

Here is where the fun really lies, addiction. Have you ever been addicted to anything? (Like I am to my phone?)

PS: Say NO to drug addiction.

You become addicted to Twitter that you wake up and the first thing is to check for tweets and other interactions that might have occurred while you are asleep, cos, while man slept, Tweeters were busy Tweeting. Welcome to the new life, you start building a huge following, and you start tweeting savage Tweets too. Soon, you will see your profile on one random meme on Whatsapp.

But, when you get to this stage, why not turn your addiction to business. Yes, you become addicted, having your fun online and you still make money. In case you don’t know, Digital Influencing has its heartbeat on Twitter. I won’t go into details as that will be a post for another day, but know that making money on Twitter is possible, and you will make yours (If you become addicted)

Twitter is still a developing platform in Nigeria, but, with the evolution of digitals in Nigeria, it is the near future of social media in Nigeria.

Quick tip; while using Twitter you can become as informed as a journalist, cos all of the breaking trends and news make their way to our Tweeting world.

What are you waiting for, let’s Tweet!

Source: www.blackpenng.com

Black Pen NG is a blog poised to bring the news and information in Nigeria's digital hemisphere to you, with a coupled mix of the lifestyle behind the digitals (i.e the human part of digitals.)

Read my blog daily for juicy updates as Nigeria evolves fully into digitals. Stay obsessed.

1 Like

Re: 5 Stages You Will Pass Through Before Becoming A Twitter Addict by mumureloaded(m): 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2018
I'm fighting nairaland addiction now you are teaching me this.........

Re: 5 Stages You Will Pass Through Before Becoming A Twitter Addict by BlackPenNG: 7:13pm On Mar 25, 2018
mumureloaded:
I'm fighting nairaland addiction now you are teaching me this.........

Me am not teaching anything o. I'm just saying. Lol. But Twitter too is fun, all the savage stuffs. You should try it out
Re: 5 Stages You Will Pass Through Before Becoming A Twitter Addict by HausaOverlord: 7:47pm On Mar 25, 2018
Twitter is gold

1 Like

Re: 5 Stages You Will Pass Through Before Becoming A Twitter Addict by BlackPenNG: 8:02pm On Mar 25, 2018
HausaOverlord:
Twitter is gold

Yes o. What's you handle, let me follow you
Re: 5 Stages You Will Pass Through Before Becoming A Twitter Addict by HausaOverlord: 8:13am On Mar 26, 2018
BlackPenNG:

Yes o. What's you handle, let me follow you
Bobby_raz

(1) (Reply)

E-commerce Developer Needed / Whatsapp Groups Naija / Hepsia Vs Cpanel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.