Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,076 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution. (606 Views)

Entrepreneurship Is About Work And Sweat / Entrepreneurship Is For The Rich or The Poor? / Entrepreneurship Is The Key To Unlocking Economic Dev On Our Continent -elumelu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution. by EnglishPolice(m): 8:27pm On Mar 25, 2018
What amazes me is, every time we talk about unemployment the first thing people talk about is enterprenuership, SME's, creating business owners. I always wonder if people understand that to be a successful enterpreneur 90% of the time involve failing numerous times. Are we going to expose masses of young men and women to failure?

Does anyone understand the disabling impact of failure. Not everyone has the inner strength to get up over and over again to succeed and thats what it requires.

The madness of SME development by the various governments in Nigeria is simply an expression of their inability and lack of creative economic skills at creating jobs for the masses, so they use these SME programs as an out.

Ladies and gentlemen, Chinese people were not created as manufacturers of the world a leader devised the plan.

The Indians were not created as developers, a leader devised the plan.

The Germans we're not created with natural engine assembling skill a leader devised the plan.

There is a reason 95% of people work for 5%. It's called fear of failure.

Pushing all.our young men and women into being SME's will not reverse that order.

It has been around before man himself. We will only manage to damage their psychic and that is why they are buying so quickly into corruption.

When you cannot succeed competing and playing fair. People turn to cheating. The fear of failure is a harbinger of bad things for our future as these young men and women are placed under incredible stress to succeed as enterprenuers they will resort to doing what they see around them as key to success , corruption and cheating.

Everyday in Nigeria the natural instinct of most is to cheat. I have never seen anything like it in my life. Be it family or stranger.

You hire people.pay professional services and they steel feel the need to cheat you on pricing , worse still they think it is the proper way to do business. We have a massive problem, the scope of which I don't think we understand.

Can we please do what most nations, who have achieve greatness did.

Create jobs, develop the mind of our young into good leaders and build a foundation that will help the nation be strong and vibrant in a manner that will help put the nation first, dissuade them from being corrupt, value hard work and develop a strong sense of patriotism. We cannot side step the fundamentals of a fair and equitable incorruptible society and think anything we build will last.

In Rwanda I saw people put their bad outside the door unattended and walk into ATM gallery without fear of their bags being stolen.

We are chasing ghosts, ignoring moral bankruptcy in the society as a major issue to be addressed. We are only worsening things with these massive SME programs. Let's create jobs forsf and give people hope not desperation that comes with pressure to succeed.

Can't build a house on a foundation of soil.

Can we also stop talking about or referring to the world Bank of any of these global .institutuonas if they hold a solution or some magic wand to our problems.

The only nations that have succeeded with massive socio economic changes never took advise from these institutions.

They looked internally at their own problems and with great leaders develop their own creative solutions.

Singapore
South Korea
India
China

Again just my 2 cents.
Re: Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution. by babasolution: 8:44pm On Mar 25, 2018
wow! what a great write up,i love minds like this,i have always been saying this ,entreprenuership is not the solution,nigerias always look to america as a model of development that is why we harp so much on entrepreneurship forgeting other nations in europe and asia,what nigeria needs is skills for young men especially along with industries where the young men can practise this skills,from there as things go,eventually men will break out and set up their own outfits,that is where entreprenuership will pick up and the entreprenuers will set out well equipped with finance and experience.This idea of sme's and women empowerement is a scam to keep blackmen down,so blackmen will never be able to rise,this idea is sold to african leaders by the west and african leaders being stupid and selfish buy into it,it makes black men find it very hard to rise,tthey want to empower the women and keep blackmen down,in that way africa will never rise,cos any progress the women make the mass of angry incompetent poor destitute men will destroy it through crises and wars,keeping africa perpetually impoverished

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution. by mznaic: 8:49pm On Mar 25, 2018
Well said

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution. by daneni1(m): 9:07pm On Mar 25, 2018
I don't go with the Op as saying entrepreneur is not a way out, if u must know 25% of adult population are been employed by small scale businesses. As at 2012-2014, Small scale business contribute about 70% to the GDP of Nigeria.

Tho corruption has eaten up the mind of most average Nigerians, such that all they think is how they will gain more in the name of business, business ethics has bcome things of the past. it has bcomes wat we term as "trust is inevitable"

Someone said we are looking at d model of USA, do u know that 90% of businesses in USA are SMES, they have a role to play in every nation. if I may ask, how long do one want to continue working for someone?

If the govt is trying to create an enabling environment where SMEs can thrive, den we should embrace it with both hands bcus every multinational company today started from somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution. by naijanative: 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2018
Good points. Nairaland is filled with cheats and short-cut business opportunities

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution. by EnglishPolice(m): 10:54pm On Mar 25, 2018
The campaigns for entrepreneurship by the developed countries to the underdeveloped and developing countries like Nigeria is a game plan to slow down our development.

Good Government policies are what we need.

Good leaders surrounded by good people with good heart is what we need.

Youths devoid of ethnic and religious sentiments is what we need.

Love and tolerance is what we need.

If we have all the aforementioned, subconsciously we'll have successfully private businesses all around.

People will be contented and happy.

Still me 5kobo!!!
Re: Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution. by EnglishPolice(m): 3:29pm On Mar 26, 2018
babasolution:
wow! what a great write up,i love minds like this,i have always been saying this ,entreprenuership is not the solution,nigerias always look to america as a model of development that is why we harp so much on entrepreneurship forgeting other nations in europe and asia,what nigeria needs is skills for young men especially along with industries where the young men can practise this skills,from there as things go,eventually men will break out and set up their own outfits,that is where entreprenuership will pick up and the entreprenuers will set out well equipped with finance and experience.This idea of sme's and women empowerement is a scam to keep blackmen down,so blackmen will never be able to rise,this idea is sold to african leaders by the west and african leaders being stupid and selfish buy into it,it makes black men find it very hard to rise,tthey want to empower the women and keep blackmen down,in that way africa will never rise,cos any progress the women make the mass of angry incompetent poor destitute men will destroy it through crises and wars,keeping africa perpetually impoverished

Sir, you got the point.

(1) (Reply)

Takem Investment Nigeria Limited: Abuja Major Investor On Fashion / Cbn To Raise Standards With Open Banking System / Sell Your Bitcoin At A Very Good Rate(any Amount)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.