Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! (1514 Views)

Nigerian House New York / The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: / The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by ebony21(f): 10:39pm On May 04, 2010
They should have more than one office serving UK.  U need 2 c d way people are queuing n being mistreated just to get d stupid ECOWAS Passport. D staff are so backwards and derives pleasure stressing out their customers.

Re: The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by tayoast(m): 11:52pm On May 04, 2010
eh yahh
9ja 4 u
Re: The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by Osama10(m): 12:01am On May 05, 2010
Anything Nigerian is cursed.
Re: The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by tayoast(m): 12:02am On May 05, 2010
take it easy
Re: The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by labiyemmy(m): 12:20am On May 05, 2010
do you know the queue that is in the American embassy in London and how people are treated? Try and venture out and see things before you blame everything Nigerian. The ECOWAS passport is now silly, but if it is the American or British passport, you will never call it silly. Na wa o.
Re: The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by justwise(m): 12:22am On May 05, 2010
I was there abt a month ago, that place is too small for the number of pple that turnes up in daily bases. I spent 6hrs there just to submit my passport application,  i was asked to come back and pick it up in a wk time and when i went there a wk later my passport was ready.

They have improved though
Re: The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by Labo: 6:35am On May 08, 2010
Hi just wise,

Can you advise me on where you got you passport application from and how much you paid for your passport renewal. my is expiring soon. I found the UK Nigeria embassy site not very informative regarding how someone with 10 years old passport could new their passport. Thanks
Re: The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by justwise(m): 10:01am On May 08, 2010
Labo:

Hi just wise,

Can you advise me on where you got you passport application from and how much you paid for your passport renewal. my is expiring soon. I found the UK Nigeria embassy site not very informative regarding how someone with 10 years old passport could new their passport. Thanks

This is the website https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/index.htm
Its $65 and make sure u print the payment slip, it will show ur date of appointment and other personal details. Its easy to use.

Good luck
Re: The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by simplychic(f): 11:40am On May 08, 2010
eeyahhhh!
Re: The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by ebony21(f): 2:35pm On May 08, 2010
@labiyemmy:

do you know the queue that is in the American embassy in London and how people are treated? Try and venture out and see things before you blame everything Nigerian. The ECOWAS passport is now silly, but if it is the American or British passport, you will never call it silly. Na wa o.

lol,  wuts so special about d so called ECOWAS thing, like its goin 2 make any different ! I prefer my Brit nationality anyday but that doesn't mean i'm nt proud 2 b a Nigerian, jus cant stand d stress.
Re: The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by justwise(m): 3:35pm On May 08, 2010
ebony21:

lol, wuts so special about d so called ECOWAS thing, like its goin 2 make any different ! I prefer my Brit nationality anyday but that doesn't mean i'm proud 2 b a Nigerian

U are proud to be a Nigerian or not?
Re: The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by labiyemmy(m): 9:18pm On May 14, 2010
who cares who is Brit or who is not proud to be a Nigerian? What is so special in being a "black British" or Nigerian British - a very funny appelation.? Nothing, nada!.
Re: The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by ebony21(f): 3:07pm On May 19, 2010
Everthing is special about it u knw , with less limitations. ECOWAS is limited , wink
Re: The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by Sonye(f): 11:33pm On May 22, 2010
no one has anything good to say about them. my pregnant sis was kept waiting in the queue and they didn't care. instead, the officer was busy chatting on her blackberry and laughing out loud, taking photos of herself posing n sending to whoever she was chatting with. while people were waiting,
horrible angry
Re: The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by tayoast(m): 11:38pm On May 22, 2010
Sonye:

no one has anything good to say about them. my pregnant sis was kept waiting in the queue and they didn't care. instead, the officer was busy chatting on her blackberry and laughing out loud, taking photos of herself posing n sending to whoever she was chatting with. while people were waiting,
horrible angry

ehh yahh lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by omega25red(m): 3:02am On May 23, 2010
well i don't think blaming the officers you see outside is best the people to blame are the ones behind the glass who do all the processing. if they had enough people behind the glas taking applications checking it quickly and moving to the next person the whole thing would be faster. Also how about those of us who like to wait until the last minute to get a passport or renew our documents? if you wait till the last minute of course you will be stressed because things are not moving fast enough.

Any way i went to the Nigeria house in NY like 5yrs ago and i had to wait for like 2hrs before i was able to submit my documents for a passport renewal and they also tried giving me headache about my middle name and my identification. Anyway it was my fault because i waited till the last minute to renew the passport and i was lucky to get it on time to travel. so we can blame the govt but what are we doing to help ourselves
Re: The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by joxiri: 11:31pm On May 23, 2010
what people have to understandis that as a result of this phasing out that consulate will be busy because every1 has to get the new passport by the end of this year
i dnt think it will that busy nexty year
Re: The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! by henry101(m): 4:33am On May 24, 2010
The US version in Los Angeles was not funny @all.
U can imagine how Nigerians mark their presence!
Chaotic and noise as usual. embarassed
We were chased from the initial hotel by the management of the hotel, they even called the police.
To cut the long story, we were chased from the second, third and forth hotel.
But the staff of the Nigerian embassy couldnt organise themselves.

(1) (Reply)

How Safe It Is To Send Laptop To Nigeria Via United States Percel Service? / Interview At The America Embassy With Neco Slip. Please I Need Ur Advice / The Fundamentals Of Owning A Travel Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.