Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Nigerian Visa Versus Adding Baby's Name On Mother's Nigeria Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Visa Versus Adding Baby's Name On Mother's Nigeria Passport (2973 Views)

Canada Begins Compulsory Fingerprint For Nigerian Visa Applicants / List Of Countries Nigeria Passport Holders Can Travel Visa Free / Can Any Tell Me Which Country Nigeria Passport Holder Can Go Without Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Visa Versus Adding Baby's Name On Mother's Nigeria Passport by shebambam(f): 12:59am On May 05, 2010
Hello Nairalanders,

I'm trying to decide on whether to get a nigerian visa for my baby or add the baby's name to my nigerian passport on our next visit to nigeria. It seems like so much hassle to get a nigerian visa in the u.s and some suggest its even faster for an infant's name to be added to their mother's passport.

Are there any pros and cons for either of the actions.
Re: Nigerian Visa Versus Adding Baby's Name On Mother's Nigeria Passport by coolier(f): 12:31pm On May 05, 2010
The hassle free option for easy access into Nigeria is inserting your baby's name in your Nigerian passport. That makes your baby Nigerian (a national of the country), and not just a tourist visiting Nigeria on a foreign passport.
Re: Nigerian Visa Versus Adding Baby's Name On Mother's Nigeria Passport by krama(m): 10:15pm On May 06, 2010
If you are using the e-passport, i don't think you can add your baby's name on it.
There are agents that can process your baby's nigerian visa or the old nigerian passport without any hassles.
We mailed ours to an agent with the required documents, and he processed the old nigerian passport and mailed it back to us. We paid $200 (same price for the visa). But for the e-passport, the child has to appear at the consulate to snap.

(1) (Reply)

Msc In Canada/dernmark / Spot The UK Landmarks / Canada Study Permit Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.