Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari (36370 Views)

49 Senators Sign Against Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Impeachment / 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle / Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by pastorcyrus(m): 2:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
engineerboat:

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/03/electoral-act-67-senators-sign-to-override-buhari/

I even saw myself in the dream where I was among the senators that vetoed the Dullard,s decision
Abubakar bukola saraki is a man you cannot toy with in Nigerian politics,Buhari will soon learn the hard way.
He made a silly mistake by claiming that he will work with whosoever that emerges as the Senate president not knowing the implication of his decision.
Saraki now came in with PDP as the pioneer which will always count against APC and buhari for allowing the opposition,s preferred candidate to emerge.
Costly and irredeemable mistake
You will never work alone saraki

3 Likes

Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by seguno2: 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2018
Almost the 2/3rd required.
Good.
We need a balanced democracy instead of a super powerful president.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by wyt(m): 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2018
Up to this point in the tread no one has supported Buhari. I think we have made it. He sure will be in Dualla come May 30th 2019. Congrats Nigerians you have made my day

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by seguno2: 3:09pm On Mar 26, 2018
Wonderboy91:
Good development but can we also override these useless senators and lawmakers in Nigeria? Because they are all useless and stupid

Do you want to replace them with more useless citizens who don’t match their complaints with needed action

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by edupedia: 3:13pm On Mar 26, 2018
seunmsg:

The above position is nonsense. If the senate intends to override the president's veto, they better come up with at least 73 senators in support of the veto bill. Anything short of 73 will not fly. The supreme court already decided the matter of 2/3rd of an assembly in several impeachment cases and this cannot be an exception.

....let them keep deceiving themselves....
Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 26, 2018
hurricaneChris:
Never in my Nigerian Existence have i heard lawmakers trying to override the President's power.

This is going to be embarrassing to the "Change Agents" if it scales through.

Though Buhari is an embarrassment to the Nation

Your funny. I learnt a long time ago, to stop listening to what people say and only to trust what they do.

Actions, young man. Actions are the only cheque you should try to cash in the bank of politics.

You never know what is going on around you until you concentrate on finding out who benefits from certain actions not who looses.
Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by senatordave1(m): 3:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
edupedia:

....let them keep deceiving themselves....
67 is not even enough.its not possible that 10 senators out of 18 in south west will be with saraki so thats where the lies started from.most of those supporting the override are mostly pdp and few apc.the house of reps overriding it will be more harder.the supreme court will also rule and will likely rule in inec's favour since the amendment infringes on their constitutional duties.uo buhari.down pdp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by Bimpe29: 3:35pm On Mar 26, 2018
Political battle line is being drawn.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by bishopkay: 3:50pm On Mar 26, 2018
senatordave1:

67 is not even enough.its not possible that 10 senators out of 18 in south west will be with saraki so thats where the lies started from.most of those supporting the override are mostly pdp and few apc.the house of reps overriding it will be more harder.the supreme court will also rule and will likely rule in inec's favour since the amendment infringes on their constitutional duties.uo buhari.down pdp

If you still think along the pdp APC lines, you must be so foolish. Politics is a game of interest and numbers; so if you feel SW senators wouldn't align with Sarrki cos of their differences, you can best be regarded as a kid. For your information, even people from the south west are beginning to sing the back to Duara song. Hunger respects no man added to the thrashing of their god!

Why didn't INEC object to it when the law was amended during the Obasanjo regime? If the INEC were so independent, why are their chairmen appointed by the president? It should have been an electoral position or don't you think so? The NA is the watchdog of a country's democracy. Full elections have been rescheduled in the country before and nothing happened talk less of this one that the date is just been reshuffled.

By the way, what is buhari afraid of? We've heard tales of how popular he is and how he would win the 2019 elections with a land slide margin. Why is he and his followers afraid of the very law that seems positioned to put that very theory to the test? No body should take the advantage of the band wagon effect again into power. Buhari ever becoming Nigeria's president is a mistake that shouldn't be let to happen again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by labisibrass(m): 3:50pm On Mar 26, 2018
Who else jumped to the comment section after reading just three lines?
Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by AreaFada2: 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2018
Chukazu:
Why are they keeping their identity secret?

Who are they Afraid of?

This is their constitutional right, nobody should deprive them of it
9ja is a jungle.
FG is almighty: DSS, EFFC and others can be used to harass them and their families. They do not have to be guilty.

Only the NASS (combined, not individually) has some power against it.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by tesppidd: 4:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
wyt:
Up to this point in the tread no one has supported Buhari. I think we have made it. He sure will be in Dualla come May 30th 2019. Congrats Nigerians you have made my day
lol..

that was exactly how Goodluck Jonathan won the 2015 presidential election on nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by uba1991: 4:44pm On Mar 26, 2018
A SOURCE SAID. RUBBISH PROPAGANDA, When d pro buhari spoke the name of the sanator was mention but all i hear in dis rubbish newss is A SOURCE SAID.Why are the afraid to mention d source. NO PIG CAN STOP BUHARI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 26, 2018
As for all those legislators sitting on the fence that being sponsored by corrupt politicians in Aso Rock, we need to know their identities so that we can votes them out. They are not representing their constituencies. How many of them ever raised objections in favor of their electorate

In other hand, Buhari's supporters don't want to restructure Electoral process because they are in power presently to protect their selfish interests, by the power of our votes comes 2019 general elections, we are going to decides who to stays.

Minority of Buhari's loyalists don't want to lose their four years in power they are enjoying.
Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by Blue3k(m): 4:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
Good for them. It's always nice to see them assert themselves even if it's trivial. Does anyone really care about order of elections .
Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by michaelwilli(m): 4:55pm On Mar 26, 2018
caukerzee:
At least pretend you read the post. Smh

Ode ni e. The post doesn't say much about the bill. I had to download full transcript of the bill to see what it's really about

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by sexyanyabubakar(f): 5:02pm On Mar 26, 2018
Wonderboy91:
Good development but can we also override these useless senators and lawmakers in Nigeria? Because they are all useless and stupid
This ministers eg Ameachi and house of Asembly members are not content of collecting 15million naira a month they invest their money in suffering the jobless masses. Who does not know how many Refinerys the Transport minster has, or that the senators are the Real Owner of NEPA.

Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by sexyanyabubakar(f): 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
Destined2win:
angry

In my humble and wise opinion, I really think all decisions made my the President Buhar should be overridden by the senate and all Nigerians because he has proven time and time again that he's a very bad decision maker.

His decisions are never in the best interest of the country but to satisfy very few of his kinsmen

Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by blackpanda: 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
Now i know nairaland is full of stupid jobless little kids, with empty brains. Do they even know what is in that bill or its just about foolishly negating anything the president does Smh

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by blackpanda: 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2018
sexyanyabubakar:
This ministers eg Ameachi and house of Asembly members are not content of collecting 15million naira a month they invest their money in suffering the jobless masses. Who does not know how many Refinerys the Transport minster has, or that the senators are the Real Owner of NEPA.

U just love to blab. Pulling imaginary figures from no where. Mtscheeew
Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by thinksense: 5:42pm On Mar 26, 2018
Wailers, Internet rats continue wailing PMB is ahead. That's what wailers wanna here. CNM IPOB TY IBB OBJ PDP SDP N ASSEMBLY Sponsors of herdsmen All above cannot stop PMB. RIDE ON.
Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by AK481(m): 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2018
seunmsg:

The above position is nonsense. If the senate intends to override the president's veto, they better come up with at least 73 senators in support of the veto bill. Anything short of 73 will not fly. The supreme court already decided the matter of 2/3rd of an assembly in several impeachment cases and this cannot be an exception.
2/3 of those present during the seating not of the total house.

lock anti senate senators outside and do the election shikena, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by Shikini: 7:40pm On Mar 26, 2018
hurricaneChris:
Never in my Nigerian Existence have i heard lawmakers trying to override the President's power.

This is going to be embarrassing to the "Change Agents" if it scales through.

Though Buhari is an embarrassment to the Nation
Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by phetto(m): 9:15pm On Mar 26, 2018
seunmsg:

Remaining just 6votes
Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by begwong: 9:17pm On Mar 26, 2018
That's a good and favorable quorum to do the needful ✔✈
Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by Kingspin(m): 10:10pm On Mar 26, 2018
I still doubt the type of election INEC is preparing to conduct. National Assemble please help us. The presidential election should come last to help save us from some atom of irregularities and influence.
Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by DonMekino(m): 10:43pm On Mar 26, 2018
Why was the initial reorder by obasanjo not cause this kind of melee?? But to go back to the initial statusquo is becoming a problem. I know the national Assembly members know the change is to their own advantage. I think some powerful elements in the Aso rock have hijacked APC... And some senators are not sure of returning back in 2019....especially those whose state governors are second term governors....so anything that can help to give them competitive edge cum 2019
Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by SirBunky85(m): 12:02am On Mar 27, 2018
engineerboat:

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/03/electoral-act-67-senators-sign-to-override-buhari/
same old story. let dem override him make I see.too much talk no dey full basket abeg
Re: Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari by SirBunky85(m): 12:05am On Mar 27, 2018
seunmsg:

don't mind d op who always jumps in happiness to anything against pmb.as I said ab-initio,d senate and hor no get liver to override pmb.all dey do is to make noise

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: What Is The Difference Between NEPA Bill And Obi's Certificate? / Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless / Pictures Of PDP Presidential Aspirants Undergoing Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.