Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Infinix Hot S3 Unboxing And First Look - Hot Like Fire - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot S3 Unboxing And First Look - Hot Like Fire (1164 Views)

Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread / Unveiling The New Infinix Hot S3 / Infinix Hot S3 Update Releases Face Unlock Feature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Hot S3 Unboxing And First Look - Hot Like Fire by Henryneo(m): 10:39am On Mar 26, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkrOvO3kEtc

It's 2018, the year of 18:9 smartphones. This is the Infinix S3 or HOT S3. Infinixs' first smartphone of 2018 and successor to the Infinix HOT S2 from 2017. Infinix has decided to make a statement with this phone. Packing as much features and specs in a mid-range device almost putting it at par with some flagships.

The Hot S3 is a lifestyle series smartphone from Infinix that focuses on making itself the best selfie smartphone for customers in Nigeria.
Here's why you might be interested in getting this the HOT S3.

It boasts a 20 MP selfie camera that performs well in low light or so it claims, we'll find out later in this video. The smartphone also features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor, 3Gb RAM, 32GB Internal Storage expandable to 128GB using a micro SD card, 13MP Rear Camera, a 4000MAH battery, 4G LTE, Face ID unlock, XOS Hummingbird 3.0 running on Android 8.0.

Physical Features
scouting through the physical features, at the front of the device, we have a 5.7inch HD display which comes at only 720P, above the display is a 20MP selfie camera with dual flash and notification LED, between the flash and camera is a speaker, to the right volume rockers and a textured power button, to the left we have a bay housing a tray that holds, 2 nano sims and a micro sd card, to the top of the device we have a 3.5mm earphne jack and to the bottom we have the microphone, micro usb charging port and speaker grilles.
flipping over to the back of the device we have our 13MP rear camera and a fingerprint scanner at the middle of the back plate.
The HOT S3 sports a plastic Unibody build that's well designed to look and feel like you're holding metal and thankfully it isn't a fingerprint magnet. The device is light and weighs only a 150grams.

The HOT S3 feels much better without the tinted sillicone case, but if you're OCD and like to have your device pristine, i'd advise you keep the case on.

I found the colors on the 720p display to be quite saturated and sharp. watching videos was much more immersive thanks to the new aspect ratio.

The Infinix HOT S3s performance is great. The combination of the Snapdragon chipset and the Adreno 505 GPU delivers great gaming experience with graphic intense games running at high settings and frame rates. Playing these games for long however results in your device running hot.

Cameras

The front facing 20MP camera produces detailed and clean photos although i found that like most Cameras in this price range, it does a lot of artificial smoothening and good lighting has a lot to do with how well the results turn out. If you're into beauty mode in smartphone cameras you'd definitely like the beauty mode that comes with this one as it does quite well in artificially smoothening out your selfies.
The 13MP rear facing camera performs averagely here. As you already know this isn't the focus of this device but it produces some decent photos.

I'll bring you a more indepth look at the Cameras in my Full review.

The Hot S3 is well built and is a compelling device with it's 720p 18:9 aspect ratio display and Android Oreo under the hood. It looks so much like the Gionee S11 Lite and packs a lot of the same specs, so expect a comparison video between the two devices very soon.
i've setup my review copy with the pixel launcher and also reduced the font size so a lot of the scrolling on the device is eliminated and it looks stunning. I'm loving it already.

The Infinix HOT S3 is priced at N62,200 which is $170 and will be available in the NIgerian market from the 28 of March. the device is however available for pre-order from the 22nd of March 2018 till the 27th of March, 2018.

(1) (Reply)

Huawei P20 Pro Vs Galaxy S9+ Camera Battle Supersaf Style / Infinix Phones And Their Current Prices / How I Escaped From A Scammer That Used My Cousin Facebook Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.