Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb (983 Views)

Igbo Leaders Reject Ojukwu’s Son As Ikemba II / Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North / Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by ELEOVIE(m): 7:38am On May 05, 2010
Our own Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu is in the news again. This time he is asking the Igbo to support IBB for his presidential ambition in 2011. His reason: IBB was the president who released all his fathers’ property seized during the civil war and kept by the federal government for 23 years after the war. As I write this Ikemba Nnewi is deploying foot soldiers to all nooks and crannies of Igboland to campaign for IBB – a man that was instrumental to the destruction of everything we hold dear in Nigeria. Knowing that my hero is 75, I do not think I want to continue to take our dear Ikemba on some of his actions and deeds that tend to belittle the Igbo and make us a laughing stock, rather I want the big masquerade (nnukwu mmanwu) to age gracefully with respect, honour and integrity.

I am of the opinion that what we owe Ikemba now is encouragement and support, to continue to show leadership till his creator calls him. But Ikemba continues to provoke us to talk. Before the Anambra guber elections Professor Maurice Iwu was no friend of Ojukwu’s APGA. Iwu never recognized the Ojukwu’s faction of APGA led by Chief Victor Umeh. It took the intervention of Nigerians from all walks of life to mount repeated pressure on Maurice to change his mind. The pressure was simply too much and Iwu had no alternative than to bow to the power of superior arguments of well – informed Nigerians. But immediately APGA won the elections Ikemba Nnewi changed gear and began to campaign for Iwu for a second term as INEC Chairman. It was the most annoying thing for Ikemba to do and many of his friends felt that the man is getting out of hand. Many of them asked: so Maurice Iwu has become an instant hero for Ojukwu simply because Ojukwu’s APGA won the election? If APGA did not win will Ojukwu ask for Iwu to be retained? The people can no longer understand Ikemba Nnewi. This is totally absurd and unthinkable. Ikemba Nnewi must know that the success recorded in Anambra 2010 was not because Prof Maurice Iwu’s INEC did something extraordinary or spectacular, it was because the civil society, Civil Defense, Red Cross, Youth Corpers, Police, Army, other Security Agencies, concerned individuals, Party Agents and supporters were determined to get it right.

Now, the man has taken the provocation further. Ikemba now wants us to vote for IBB. Now let us face it. I think this is politics of ‘self and for myself’ on the part of Ikemba Nnewi. And if I may ask, the so-called houses IBB released to Ikemba, how many of them did he share with his supporters, friends and associates he has been using for years? What have I gained as an Igbo man from the release of the property? Ikemba Nnewi may need to do more explanations on what IBB did for South East during his 9 years in office as President. To ask us to vote for IBB because he released his father’s property is an insult in our collective intelligence. It does not add up. It makes no sense.

IBB is not a Presidential material in 2011 and he can never be again. A million Ikemba Nnewi cannot change this and I am being mature about it. Our people like Ikemba Nnewi but this kite cannot fly, the ship cannot sail, the vehicle has a knocked engine. Ours must be a nation of fools if we can be making a case for IBB in 2011. Ours must be a hopeless entity if we continue to talk about a finished product like IBB in 2011. Ours must be a hopelessly retarded nation if out of millions of professionals we have in Nigeria and in Diaspora; we are still talking about a disgraced dictator called IBB. Ikemba, please stop this nonsense, stop this mess, stop this useless campaign, stop insulting us, stop misleading our people on IBB. Nigerians cannot trust IBB. And this is final.

Joe Igbokwe
Lagos

http://www.saharareporters.com/articles/external-contrib/5980--no-ikemba-nnewi-igbo-cannot-support-ibb.html
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by metalgong5(m): 8:01am On May 05, 2010
And who is Joe Igbokwe to say that Ndigbo cannot support IBB?
Mr Igbokwe is accusing Ikemba of self service whereas he too is employed and being fed by Tinubu, a criminal who is even worse than IBB.
I can't wait to see the saint that would fly the presidential flag of his party, AC.
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by Goldmind1(m): 9:22am On May 05, 2010
Ikemba, if you ever said this, I think you are taking the wrong path by supporting the evil genius. The young Igbo generation will not follow you this time around.
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by desgiezd(m): 10:43am On May 05, 2010
metal-gong:

And who is Joe Igbokwe to say that Ndigbo cannot support IBB?
Mr Igbokwe is accusing Ikemba of self service whereas he too is employed and being fed by Tinubu, a criminal who is even worse than IBB.
I can't wait to see the saint that would fly the presidential flag of his party, AC.

Is this the issue here?
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by vigasimple(m): 11:39am On May 05, 2010
If Professor Dora Akunyili is alive , much young , energetic, and Chiamanda Adicihie is alive, much more younger, I think it is an insult to not think those 2 will make a better leader than evil genius. my 1 cent
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by Onlytruth(m): 7:20pm On May 05, 2010
The Joe Igbokwe character is a comprehensive idiot who cannot see his own navel. He is suffering from the worst kind of hypermetropia. He failed to see that IBB's greatest supporters are among those who make the most anti-IBB noise.

People like him remind me of the crushing downsides of the so-called Igbo republicansm. A complete fuul gets to talk without fear of having their tongues yanked out of their miserable stinking buccal cavity! angry
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by ELEOVIE(m): 8:29am On May 13, 2010
Hmm!
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by Afam(m): 8:51am On May 13, 2010
It is one thing for the Ikemba to ask the Igbos to vote for IBB and it is another thing for the Igbos to vote for IBB.

Ikemba has the right to air his opinions just like every other Nigerian.

Ikemba is not forcing anyone or cannot force anyone to do what he wants.

Ikemba is well respected in Igbo land but as you all know the Igbos are republicans and they naturally do not do what any single leader says as they are highly independent thinkers and when they do not agree with a position they make it clear with their actions.

So, instead of allowing this thread to derail and end up being about Ojukwu, Igbo, Biafra hate filled thread let us recognize Ikemba's right to say what he wants and the rights of the Igbos to say "no wahala" or "lailai" to that.
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by aparo(m): 6:09pm On May 23, 2010
You surely do not know much about IBB, Nigeria or anything for that matter. How could any Nigerian with a half wit brain even join the group of people saying positives about this guy(Babanbarawo - 12B dollars?). People like you make me want to puke. Imagine this fool here saying positives about IBB. I know anyway, people without conscience, once they get paid from these thieves, they tell themselves it is ok to support them. Shame on you and your generation to come for ever
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by EzeUche(m): 6:50pm On May 23, 2010
I will not follow Ikemba on this issue.

Time for us to have a new young Igbo leader. It has to be a man though, because Igbo men will not follow a woman which is very unfortunate. A woman could never speak on behalf of the Igbo. And no Osu either.
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by udezue(m): 8:19pm On May 23, 2010
Ezeuche,Osu? Which 1 be that? In 2010 a young Igbo man is still stuck on Osu nonsense. That Osu or woman u want us to discriminate against might even be the best leader Igbo ppl can ever have. Leadership is all about talent, intelligence and quality not some archaic tradition and gender. Any qualified Igbo person man, woman, osu or not gets my support. Ikemba can have his own opinion but that does not mean we will follow him. No to Ibb.
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by sjeezy8: 8:23pm On May 23, 2010
^^ sharrap jare IBB 2011-
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by Katsumoto: 8:24pm On May 23, 2010
sjeezy8:

^^ sharrap jare IBB 2011-

Are you just trying to piss Udezue off or thats how you feel?
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by Katsumoto: 8:25pm On May 23, 2010
udezue:

Ezeuche,Osu? Which 1 be that? In 2010 a young Igbo man is still stuck on Osu nonsense. That Osu or woman u want us to discriminate against might even be the best leader Igbo ppl can ever have. Leadership is all about talent, intelligence and quality not some archaic tradition and gender. Any qualified Igbo person man, woman, osu or not gets my support. Ikemba can have his own opinion but that does not mean we will follow him. No to Ibb.

Sensible post
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by asha80(m): 8:31pm On May 23, 2010
This Ezeuche is a razz fool.
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by sjeezy8: 8:39pm On May 23, 2010
Katsumoto:

Are you just trying to piss Udezue off or thats how you feel?

lol i was kidding.
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by Katsumoto: 8:41pm On May 23, 2010
asha 80:

This Ezeuche is a razz fool.

How do you solve a problem like EzeUche (in a sound of music tone)?
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 23, 2010
EzeUche:

Time for us to have a new young Igbo leader. It has to be a man though, because Igbo men will not follow a woman which is very unfortunate. A woman could never speak on behalf of the Igbo. And no Osu either.
Retarded!

And thatz why you naija men are still backwards with your Stone Age mentality
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by Katsumoto: 8:47pm On May 23, 2010
FL Gators:

Retarded!

Is he not your boyfriend? grin
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by EzeUche(m): 8:49pm On May 23, 2010
FL Gators:

Retarded!

Prepare me some Egusi soup! You should be bent above a fire preparing my meal! grin
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 23, 2010
Katsumoto:

Is he not your boyfriend? grin
Olorun maje! God forbid bad thing!

EzeUche:

Prepare me some Egusi soup! You should be bent above a fire preparing my meal! grin
Obviously your head is not correct today, thatz why you made that sexist comment. Naija men have been ruling Nigeria for ages, and yet the country is in its greatest shamble. SSo tell me, what has gender really done for the state of Nigeria?
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by SLIGHT(m): 8:57pm On May 23, 2010
If u know who u wana vote 4, u wudnt b bothered by ojukwu's statement.
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by EzeUche(m): 9:02pm On May 23, 2010
FL Gators:

Olorun maje! God forbid bad thing!
Obviously your head is not correct today, thatz why you made that sexist comment. Naija men have been ruling Nigeria for ages, and yet the country is in its greatest shamble. SSo tell me, what has gender really done for the state of Nigeria?

Reread my post today my sweet potato. I simply stated that I know my people would never support a woman as their leader. This is the truth.

See you women get angry to easily and do not read. All too emotional like a woman is expected to be. . .
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 23, 2010
EzeUche:

Reread my post today my sweet potato. I simply stated that I know my people would never support a woman as their leader. This is the truth.

See you women get angry to easily and do not read. All too emotional like a woman is expected to be. . .
EzeUche, dont talk to me like I cant comprehend basic English, that was YOUR opinion.

EzeUche:

"HAS TO BE", your opinion. NEVER. Opinionated words, because you induced yourself within that category of men who will "NEVER" listen to a woman.
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by EzeUche(m): 9:09pm On May 23, 2010
FL Gators:

EzeUche, dont talk to me like I cant comprehend basic English, that was YOUR opinion.
"HAS TO BE", your opinion. NEVER. Opinionated words, because you induced yourself within that category of men who will "NEVER" listen to a woman.

Ha such feistiness! grin

Yes, my cover has been blown. You women could never be leaders due to your emotions. Your emotions get the best of you all. Your place is in the home.
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 23, 2010
EzeUche:

Ha such feistiness! grin

Yes, my cover has been blown. You women could never be leaders due to your emotions. Your emotions get the best of you all. Your place is in the home.
Yea, let them keep leading into nowhere, thatz why nothing will get done.

Leaders of the wilderness. . . . lead on
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by EzeUche(m): 9:17pm On May 23, 2010
^^^^^^^

I would expect this from an Igbo woman, but not a Yoruba woman. Maybe I should try a Hausa girl. . .
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 23, 2010
EzeUche:

^^^^^^^

I would expect this from an Igbo woman, but not a Yoruba woman. Maybe I should try a Hausa girl. . .
Women are not only made to satisfy you men sexually, so dont come here talking about trying girls in such a serious matter as a political movement.
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by SLIGHT(m): 9:23pm On May 23, 2010
Eze, u talk igbo woman, yoruba then hausa 'girl' why not hausa woman?
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by EzeUche(m): 9:33pm On May 23, 2010
FL Gators:

Women are not only made to satisfy you men sexually, so dont come here talking about trying girls in such a serious matter as a political movement.

What? shocked shocked shocked

I never knew that. . . You are right, you women are not only made to satisfy us sexually, you all were made to cook for us and take care of the children. So you were right in a way.
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by EzeUche(m): 9:34pm On May 23, 2010
SLIGHT:

Eze, u talk igbo woman, yoruba then hausa 'girl' why not hausa woman?

I said Hausa girl for a reason since most Hausa women will be married before they even become a woman! grin
Re: No Ikemba Nnewi: Igbo Cannot Support Ibb by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 23, 2010
EzeUche:

What?  shocked  shocked  shocked

I never knew that. . .  You are right, you women are not only made to satisfy us sexually, you all were made to cook for us and take care of the children. So you were right in a way.

roll eyez.

W/e.  cool

EzeUche:

I said Hausa girl for a reason since most Hausa women will be married before they even become a woman!  grin
grin grin grin

Another Yerima on the loose.

(1) (Reply)

Can This July 1 Salary Increament Decrease Corruption In Nigeria? / . / Police Brutality In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.