Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

How Will You Remedy The Situation Of Nigeria If You Were The President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Will You Remedy The Situation Of Nigeria If You Were The President? (306 Views)

People That Will Feel The Additional 14 Days Lockdown By The President / Don’t Come To Nigeria If You Love Yourself, Presidential Aide Tells Nnamdi Kanu / Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will You Remedy The Situation Of Nigeria If You Were The President? by 1x2x3: 9:29am On Mar 27, 2018
As a Nigerian you will agree with me when I say "this country is dead" On no circumstance should apology be tendered for using such a line unless you want to live in usual pretense of "E go better" which has been our long-lasting slogan.

When I think of how corruption has eaten deep into every sector of the country, the irresponsible leaders, mismanagement of our resources, the quarter-baked graduates, the porous constitution that give room for corruption to thrive, the ethnic mentality, wrong policies, health sector, education sector, underdevelopment across the COUNTRY, e.t.c the only thing that runs through my mind is how to remedy this tragic situation that has taken over if I were to be the president or offer some workable idea to our leaders.

Bill gates recently suggested the FG should look more into human infrastructure rather than physical infrastructure and as usual one of our short sighted political leader dashed in to rebuke the idea in the name of protecting his political Party...... Shame!!!

As much as I would want the younger Nigerians to take over leadership and politics in the country I would say this generation is no different from the PDPs and APCs... In summary "we are not different from the current leaders" I don't think we can make much difference so here is what should be done to remedy this country.

Education and Health sector should be our main focus.

As far as I am concerned only one state is reasoning in the direction of human infrastructure which is Anambra State. I admire the State and how they have figured out that the next generation should be fully equipped educationally. This State has and is still investing in primary and secondary education which is the fundamental solution to the problem of this country. Secondly I noticed they are also investing heavily in health sector with several standard hospitals springing up.

In summary if I'm the president I will use Anambra as a Model.
Focus on primary and secondary education then universities. Give them a huge face-lift and investment to produce educated generations that will move this country forward in the next 20 to 30 years. Our fundamental problem is education.

Secondly, health sector should be given huge investment I don't need to remind anyone that health is wealth but it boils down to education and having qualified doctors and health workers.

Do you have a better suggestion? Let's read what you have to say.
Re: How Will You Remedy The Situation Of Nigeria If You Were The President? by greatermax77(m): 9:40am On Mar 27, 2018
If I am the President, will use my Veto power to order all ethnic nationalities to establish their own government. in other words, dismembered this fake nation
Re: How Will You Remedy The Situation Of Nigeria If You Were The President? by kayfra: 9:54am On Mar 27, 2018
greatermax77:
If I am the President, will use my Veto power to order all ethnic nationalities to establish their own government. in other words, dismembered this fake nation

No such powers exist. You need to understand what a veto means
Re: How Will You Remedy The Situation Of Nigeria If You Were The President? by GuntersChain(m): 10:00am On Mar 27, 2018
Decentralize the power at the center. Every region develop at your pace and pay tax to the center. Also remove ethnicity/state of origin from all form, remove quota system, dissolve some stupid parastatals. Set up state and community police.
Re: How Will You Remedy The Situation Of Nigeria If You Were The President? by 1x2x3: 12:11pm On Mar 27, 2018
GuntersChain:
Decentralize the power at the center. Every region develop at your pace and pay tax to the center. Also remove ethnicity/state of origin from all form, remove quota system, dissolve some stupid parastatals. Set up state and community police.

Wise contribution.

(1) (Reply)

Youths Kill Themselves For Politicians Who Are Friends In Secret – Dele Momodu / Sen. Babafemi Ojudu, The Governor Ekiti Needs! – Olajide Rereloluwa Ayodele / One Killed As Nigerian Troops, Herdsmen Exchange Bullets In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.