Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,990 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Amazing Effects Of Music On The Human Brain - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Amazing Effects Of Music On The Human Brain (409 Views)

Where Can I Download Comedy Sound Effects Like Funke, Ayele / Different Types Of Music Genres And Styles In Nigeria / All Of Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing Effects Of Music On The Human Brain by Ayebaeapretai(f): 2:55pm On Mar 27, 2018
Music has been proven to have a profound effect on the human brain.

Music has been proven to:
Heal and grow the brain
Create new neural connections
Increase creativity
Increase motivation
Treat memory loss
Aid in drug addiction
Reduce anxiety
Lower cortisol levels
Release dopamine, thus improving mood
So many different parts of the brain are used when listening to music. Have you ever listened to a song that you haven’t heard in years that takes you right back to that specific time and emotion tied to it?

Here is why.

Auditory Cortex | processes the sound.
Speaking the words | lights up the temporal lobe.
Parietal lobe | is used to put the words into a tune.
Cerebellum | Is activated by putting it all into a rhythm.
Amygdala | Which is the integrative center for emotions, emotional behavior, and motivation, is activated when you are listening to music that you enjoy.
So many neural networks are involved in processing music, that it triggers an emotional response.

Strong evidence shows that music is associated with Immunoglobulin A, an antibody linked to immunity, as well as higher counts of cells that fight germs and bacteria.

Music is Quite Literally A Drug

Drug: a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.

he same pathways that give feelings of reward during drug use are the same ones that can be activated by dancing, singing, creating, reading, performing or listening to music.

Does it matter what type of music you listen to?
Yes. First off, you must enjoy it to get the benefits. Second, studies have shown, that for a lot of people, the effect is stronger when there is a human connection. Such as listening to a band that has real instruments versus computer-generated sounds. Some studies show that electric, metal, and rap can have negatives effects.
This is mainly due to the:
Social environments they sometimes rely onEmotions they provokeLyrics
This once again proves the amazing importance and power of our brain and how everything we do either has a negative or positive effect on it.

http://www.infinix.club/forum/196/267177

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amazing Effects Of Music On The Human Brain by Solidkay(m): 3:29pm On Mar 27, 2018
Music, the soul food.
my music my companion.
Re: Amazing Effects Of Music On The Human Brain by Ayebaeapretai(f): 3:39pm On Mar 27, 2018
Solidkay:
Music, the soul food.

my music my companion.
wink wink nothing like music, it gives soul to me.
Re: Amazing Effects Of Music On The Human Brain by jaxxy(m): 11:55am On Apr 06, 2018
Interesting stuff

(1) (Reply)

GOLDEN GBEDU : Elbang Ft. Hype MC - Anasindo / Anticipate!!: Hurricane Drops MAMAMIYA In 2 Days / Hit On This Valid Tune By Gbonjayehlor Titled "Valid Mama".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.