Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,623 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Tomato Powder Stew With Chicken: How To Make Tomato Powder Stew Very Easy - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Tomato Powder Stew With Chicken: How To Make Tomato Powder Stew Very Easy (2425 Views)

How I Made My Chinese Rice With Chicken Sauce Pics / How I Urgently Made a Combination of Crayfish Stew With Eggs. / A Nairalander Served With Chicken Head At An Event (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tomato Powder Stew With Chicken: How To Make Tomato Powder Stew Very Easy by vinegurl(f): 4:24pm On Mar 27, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIgLo0blclM

Tomato Powder can replace fresh tomatoes in a recipe, it can be used to enrich and thicken homemade stews and soups. All you need to do is to add a little at a time and taste as it goes, then add a little more until you reach your desired consistency and flavor. If you don’t want to go through the stress of blending and boiling fresh tomatoes for your jollof rice, tomato powder will add some vibrant reddish color to your jollof rice and sauce recipes. Here is how to make tomato powder stew and also see the video above on how to cook this simple stew practically.

Ingredients for tomato powder stew

1. 1 cup of tomato powder
2. 8 pieces of chicken breast
3. 1 medium onion
4. 2 bay leaves
5. 2 chicken stock cubes, crushed
6. 3 cloves of ginger, minced
7. 1 teaspoon of curry powder
8. ½ teaspoon of ground cayenne
9. 1 teaspoon of thyme
10. ½ cup of cooking oil

Directions

1. Rinse and season chicken with salt, thyme, garlic/ginger, onions, pepper and salt and cook until it is tender.
2. Separate chicken from the broth and leave to drain in a colander for few minutes.
3. Heat up a saucepan slightly, add about 3 cooking spoons of oil to it, add the chicken to the oil and fry for few minutes until it is golden.
4. Once the chicken is browned, take out excess oil and add some chopped onions and minced garlic and fry until fragrant.
5. Gently add the broth to the same pot with two bay leaves, season the content with the remaining curry, thyme, stock cube and bring the
content to a simmering.
6. Add the tomato powder to it and keep stirring to dissolve completely. It will become very thick so you have to reduce the heat to medium
low if it starts to splatter. You can add a little water or more of the chicken broth to adjust the consistency. Cook the stew for 10 minutes
until it
well incorporated.
7. Taste for salt and adjust any other seasoning and the liquid if necessary. Take the stew off from heat and serve with boiled rice or yam.

Cc. Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Fynestboi, Obinoscopy, Dominique.

1 Share

Re: Tomato Powder Stew With Chicken: How To Make Tomato Powder Stew Very Easy by cassidy1996(m): 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2018
hey! mummy...... am hungry? rice and stew would be ok.....
Re: Tomato Powder Stew With Chicken: How To Make Tomato Powder Stew Very Easy by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2018
Nice grin
Re: Tomato Powder Stew With Chicken: How To Make Tomato Powder Stew Very Easy by NosoChic: 5:17pm On Mar 27, 2018
If you are using your home made tomato powder from dehydrating and blending your fresh tomatoes. Then I'll say you're safe!

But if by chance some company in 9ja is manufacturing it-I'd not trust how safe it is oh.....I'm just saying though
Re: Tomato Powder Stew With Chicken: How To Make Tomato Powder Stew Very Easy by vinegurl(f): 8:39pm On Mar 27, 2018
cassidy1996:
hey! mummy...... am hungry? rice and stew would be ok.....
lol at mummy! come on dear and have a plate of rice and stew
Re: Tomato Powder Stew With Chicken: How To Make Tomato Powder Stew Very Easy by vinegurl(f): 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2018
NosoChic:
If you are using your home made tomato powder from dehydrating and blending your fresh tomatoes. Then I'll say you're safe!

But if by chance some company in 9ja is manufacturing it-I'd not trust how safe it is oh.....I'm just saying though
My dear, I don't think Niger has started making tomato powder yet, but I made mine at home anywhere, in this case I'm covered.
Re: Tomato Powder Stew With Chicken: How To Make Tomato Powder Stew Very Easy by vinegurl(f): 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2018
Fame333:
Nice grin
thanks thanks!
Re: Tomato Powder Stew With Chicken: How To Make Tomato Powder Stew Very Easy by cassidy1996(m): 9:37pm On Mar 27, 2018
vinegurl:

lol at mummy! come on dear and have a plate of rice and stew
thanks dear..........

1 Like

Re: Tomato Powder Stew With Chicken: How To Make Tomato Powder Stew Very Easy by ceeceeuwa: 4:17pm On Apr 02, 2018
vinegurl:

My dear, I don't think Niger has started making tomato powder yet, but I made mine at home anywhere, in this case I'm covered.
How did you make your tomato powder?
Re: Tomato Powder Stew With Chicken: How To Make Tomato Powder Stew Very Easy by vinegurl(f): 9:02am On Apr 03, 2018
ceeceeuwa:

How did you make your tomato powder?
Here is the video on I made it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiT4ECB5E5U

1 Like

Re: Tomato Powder Stew With Chicken: How To Make Tomato Powder Stew Very Easy by Rubyventures: 10:49am On Apr 03, 2018
Too much processed food is not very good as all the nutritional benefits are depleted. How long does it take to blend fresh tomatoes. Common!!Then companies will take this and be adding cancer causing chemicals and food colourings, are we getting Lazier as a nation? Nothing beats the taste of fresh food. Living in a city is no excuse.
Re: Tomato Powder Stew With Chicken: How To Make Tomato Powder Stew Very Easy by vinegurl(f): 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2018
Rubyventures:
Too much processed food is not very good as all the nutritional benefits are depleted. How long does it take to blend fresh tomatoes. Common!!Then companies will take this and be adding cancer causing chemicals and food colourings, are we getting Lazier as a nation? Nothing beats the taste of fresh food. Living in a city is no excuse.
Yeah so true, seems we are becoming so lazy. Nobody wants to take time to make food from scratch at home, always craving for already processed products.

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Ever Tried These Foods For Breakfast? / The Ideal Breakfast. / The Funny Taste Of Nigerian Kelloggs Cornflakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.