Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,883 members, 7,851,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:06 AM

Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose (17699 Views)

Ambode Should Be Impeached If He Is Not Ready To Work / Ambode Should Be Removed / What Ambode Should Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by Simbrixton(m): 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2018
deji17:

Whom are you bowing to in your red mud states and potopoto republic?
Ojuyobo is tinubu nickname
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by Yankee101: 6:07pm On Mar 28, 2018
What have you done for your people? As tenure don dey near end the criticism has began to wane. Politicians are mostly self seeking and not worth anyone's life.
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by Abagworo(m): 6:07pm On Mar 28, 2018
They are gluttonous over Lagos.
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:07pm On Mar 28, 2018
Mynd44:
Fayose is the oldest governor in the SW (not in terms of age but time used in office) yet he is shifting the responsibility of leadership
Because he gets 10percent of the allocations and Igr Lagos gets
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by Afamed: 6:14pm On Mar 28, 2018
greiboy:
He doesn't have the resources of a state like Lagos at his disposal
Stop supporting mediocrity, what has Fayose done to improve the IGR of Ekiti since he came to power. If he doesn't have resources and he can't think out of the box , then he has no business been the Chief Administrator of the state. Ebonyi state is a case study, from the little allocation and meagre resources, the Ebonyi state government is doing far better than the Ekiti government. Fayose is simply a show man. A Gov close to 4yrs now, he only waits to get Federal allocation before any salary could be paid in Ekiti. Avail yourself, go to Ebonyi state on or before 27th/28th of every month, their salary is rest assured. Fayose simply has no business in government in an ideal environment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2018
achiever12:

It is by money sir. Lagos has the money, bit ekiti doesn't..... yet.

So it is fair to equate money to boldness and leadership qualities?
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by henryhemon(m): 6:18pm On Mar 28, 2018
I don't even know if I like Tinubu or not, but he is a great leader, a great leader creates great leaders not great followers, how many leaders have produce as many leaders as Tinubu?? Though he created a clownish president,very untelligent one called buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by Afamed: 6:20pm On Mar 28, 2018
ElChidi:
Tinubu will not allow him
That was what you were being fed with on Radio Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 6:22pm On Mar 28, 2018
guttentag:

is tinubu the owner of lagos?
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2018
Afamed:

Stop supporting mediocrity, what has Fayose done to improve the IGR of Ekiti since he came to power. If he doesn't have resources and he can't think out of the box , then he has no business been the Chief Administrator of the state. Ebonyi state is a case study, from the little allocation and meagre resources, the Ebonyi state government is doing far better than the Ekiti government. Fayose is simply a show man.

This isn't about making excuse for mediocrity, it is about facing reality

Ekiti state doesn't have the financial resources needed to lead the economic growth and development of the southwestern region of Nigeria.

He pitched a very good speech and it was quite appropriate for him to commend the administration of Lagos state on its giant strides and task them to do more to develop and integrate the economy of southwestern Nigeria

It has nothing to do with his own performance as a governor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by Afamed: 6:39pm On Mar 28, 2018
greiboy:

This isn't about making excuse for mediocrity, it is about facing reality

Ekiti state doesn't have the financial resources needed to lead the economic growth and development of the southwestern region of Nigeria.

He pitched a very good speech and it was quite appropriate for him to commend the administration of Lagos state on its giant strides and task them to do more to develop and integrate the economy of southwestern Nigeria

It has nothing to do with his own performance as a governor.

Fayose doesn't not need to wait for others to lead. There are similar states in Nigeria just with no financial strength. Ebonyi, Jigawa and Bauchi. These states are not waiting for other neighbouring states to spoon feed them. When you listen to Fayose cristising others, you will definitely believe, he has made Ekiti, a modern Washington D.C of Nigeria until you visit the state. The simple truth remains what has he done to improve the IGR in his state close to 4yrs now in power. He should begin to think outside the box just as Ebonyi state government is doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2018
greiboy:
Even if he has it, he would never do anything with it. He's such a person with zero global mindset.
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 28, 2018
Afamed:

Fayose doesn't not need to wait for others to lead. There are similar states in Nigeria just with no financial strength. Ebonyi, Jigawa and Bauchi. These states are not waiting for other neighbouring states to spoon feed them. When you listen to Fayose cristising others, you will definitely believe, he has made Ekiti, a modern Washington D.C of Nigeria until you visit the state. The simple truth remains what has he done to improve the IGR in his state close to 4yrs now in power. He should begin to think outside the box just as Ebonyi state government is doing.
Alright, but he didn't criticize anyone here, he simply offered a suggestion.

I am not an indigen of Ekiti state, neither have I been there recently, so I can't independently verify your statements, but I understand your frustrations.
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by Thewesterner(m): 6:52pm On Mar 28, 2018
Good development
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 28, 2018
greiboy:
Even if he has it, he would never have done anything with it. He's such a corrupt man with zero global mindset.
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by Afamed: 7:10pm On Mar 28, 2018
greiboy:
How will he have the resources like Lagos when all he does is to wait for Federal allocation from Abuja and have a dinner party at the market square . When other Governors are thinking of how to move their states forward, Fayose is dining with the Ponmo seller in the market.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by adesamix(m): 7:12pm On Mar 28, 2018
Mynd44:
Fayose is the oldest governor in the SW (not in terms of age but time used in office) yet he is shifting the responsibility of leadership
oldest governor but list state, ekiti state was born 1996, lagos former capital city of nigeria
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by Saintsquare(m): 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2018
henryhemon:
I don't even know if I like Tinubu or not, but he is a great leader, a great leader creates great leaders not great followers, how many leaders have produce as many leaders as Tinubu?? Though he created a clownish president,very untelligent one called buhari.
I concur
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 28, 2018
Afamed:

How will he have the resources like Lagos when all he does is to wait for Federal allocation from Abuja and have a dinner party at the market square . When other Governors are thinking of how to move their states forward, Fayose is dining with the Ponmo seller in the market.
I don't support any political party in Nigeria because majority of them, if not all, have a very similar ideology, which is to steal state resources as much as possible

Thus, even if Fayose is as terrible as you allegedly claim, I don't think most governors are performing any better than him.
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by marv1: 7:43pm On Mar 28, 2018
greiboy:

Hahahahahah.
Fayose is a gamer and a schemer.
He does not have enough resources yet he can give #10m to bear parlor association in my state. He could afford to sow dress for tens of thousands of children in December last year while he owes 5 to 8 months salaries of workers in different categories.
The little he has can do wonders in my state if he had used it judiciously.
Fayose is just a man without morals and conscience.
His time and game is up in my state.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by heendrix(m): 8:09pm On Mar 28, 2018
Yomboy4ever:

While you lead in ponmo growth
so you quote all that just to say this undecided

1 Like

Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2018
Afamed:

Stop supporting mediocrity, what has Fayose done to improve the IGR of Ekiti since he came to power. If he doesn't have resources and he can't think out of the box , then he has no business been the Chief Administrator of the state. Ebonyi state is a case study, from the little allocation and meagre resources, the Ebonyi state government is doing far better than the Ekiti government. Fayose is simply a show man. A Gov close to 4yrs now, he only waits to get Federal allocation before any salary could be paid in Ekiti. Avail yourself, go to Ebonyi state on or before 27th/28th of every month, their salary is rest assured. Fayose simply has no business in government in an ideal environment.

is it the ebonyi have lived in or the one reported on nairaland by Philip Nweze
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by toxblue2411: 9:09pm On Mar 28, 2018
ekiti state was created 1996=22 yrs old Lagos State was created 1967=51yrs old ekiti state monthly allocation 300 million Lagos State monthly allocation 35 billion Lagos State was former capital head of state ekiti state nothing Lagos State as ports,seas..... ekiti state nothing with this facts I rest my case ekiti state is far better than the other south west states
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by toxblue2411: 9:10pm On Mar 28, 2018
toxblue2411:
ekiti state was created 1996=22 yrs old
Lagos State was created 1967=51yrs old
ekiti state monthly allocation 300 million
Lagos State monthly allocation 35 billion
Lagos State was former capital head of state
ekiti state nothing
Lagos State as ports,seas.....
ekiti state nothing
with this facts I rest my case
ekiti state is far better than the other south west states
marv1:

Hahahahahah.
Fayose is a gamer and a schemer.
He does not have enough resources yet he can give #10m to bear parlor association in my state. He could afford to sow dress for tens of thousands of children in December last year while he owes 5 to 8 months salaries of workers in different categories.
The little he has can do wonders in my state if he had used it judiciously.
Fayose is just a man without morals and conscience.
His time and game is up in my state.
toxblue2411:
ekiti state was created 1996=22 yrs old
Lagos State was created 1967=51yrs old
ekiti state monthly allocation 300 million
Lagos State monthly allocation 35 billion
Lagos State was former capital head of state
ekiti state nothing
Lagos State as ports,seas.....
ekiti state nothing
with this facts I rest my case
ekiti state is far better than the other south west states
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by toxblue2411: 9:14pm On Mar 28, 2018
ekiti state was created 1996=22 yrs old Lagos State was created 1967=51yrs old ekiti state monthly allocation 300 million Lagos State monthly allocation 35 billion Lagos State was former capital head of state ekiti state nothing Lagos State as ports,seas..... ekiti state nothing with this facts I rest my case ekiti state is far better than the other south west states=66243291][/quote]
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by toxblue2411: 9:17pm On Mar 28, 2018
you should be comparing Lagos State with rives, Kano, that receives heavy allocation....dnt ever compare Lagos with ekiti again
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by Turnedaround: 9:34pm On Mar 28, 2018
HOLD ON, FAYOSE'S BRAINS LOADING..........
Common sense returning gradually

1 Like

Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by omohayek: 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2018
While I have to give Fayose some credit this time for acknowledging the obvious, namely that Tinubu has promoted the political careers of many talented and ambitious people like Fashola and Ambode, I also have to side with those who are asking what exactly Fayose himself has done to lift up the state he governs.

The excuse about Lagos having more money to work with is pure b.s., as Ekiti under Fayose currently employs more public sector workers than the whole of the old Western Region under Awolowo, who never had Lagos revenues or a federal allocation to work with. Besides, how does budgetary constraint stop Fayose from taking the kinds of measures Fayemi tried in order to improve the quality of primary and secondary education? After all, as Bill Gates pointed out recently, human capital is even more important than the physical kind being built in Lagos.

The sad truth is that the biggest obstacle to Fayose doing anything worthwhile in Ekiti is Fayose himself; the man is clearly content with the mediocre status quo under which he doles out the odd bit of spare change in publicity stunts but leaves the state's bloated public sector untouched, even as he steadily siphons off parts of the state budget to pay for his children to live flashy lifestyles abroad.

7 Likes

Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by toxblue2411: 9:57pm On Mar 28, 2018
have you visit ekiti state before? go to ekiti and and carried out your own public opinion...all d infrastructural projects was done by fayose... don't listen or b deceived by apc media propaganda about fayose
Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by samijay8(m): 9:58pm On Mar 28, 2018
kingthreat:
Faayose, before advising how have you made Ekiti state great even in the simplest ways?
He gives rice now

1 Like

Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by deomelllo: 9:59pm On Mar 28, 2018
greiboy:

You don't need resources to lead, he can lead in so many other way from ideas and even creative ideas in his own state to generate better resources, developmental and human growth. He can not in anyway replicate Lagos's resources or potentials, but he can strive and create something in his own state.

Ekiti state is the poorest state in the SW and so far, Fayose is yet to do anything to change that status, the man spends more time shouting and barking like bingo over irrelevant issues that don't concern him or his own Ekiti people than addressing the social and economic issues in his own state. He's best economic performance remains winning his people up on the side of the road to feed them a tin of rice and N200 instead of drumming up job-creating and IGR boosting investments, trade or investors summit like the other states in the SW.

The man goalless and aimless.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose by toxblue2411: 10:01pm On Mar 28, 2018
about d ekiti state July governorship election.... another 16 0 for Pdp I am from ekiti ....Nigeria will received d shock of their life.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Return Home For Census, IPOB Urges Igbos / Conduct Bureau Orders Jonathan, Ministers, Others To Declare Assets / Buhari Returns To Abuja After Working Visit To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.